[D8 ME, expecting] - A stroll by any other name

Walking paths thread their way through flower and tree
Kitsu Moshumaru

Re: [D8 ME, expecting] - A stroll by any other name

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Sun Aug 22, 2021 11:16 pm

Seppun Unsei wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 11:03 pm
Oh by the kami this again. People and their babies...

"As far as I know I can have children, but I've never exactly tried for a kid because I'm not going to raise a bastard and my family would've disowned me at that point. I'm sure I can though. What I meant by adopting was for when Shosuro-san was asking how I could have kids. We've never slept together, but he's so insistent on making sure he marries a woman in order to have his children. He seems to forget that there are many ways to go about it if two spouses can't make a kid together."
Yes by kami people and their kids. That's 90% of the reason that marriages happen in Rokugan. Why does this surprise you?

"...Right."

...This was gonna be a big one, but not one he dealt with tonight.

"I'll be honest with you Unsei-Kun, I started this morning by having to explain why war occurs to this fragile little Phoenix whose petrified of the fact that she may have to choose one but isn't strong enough to claim the one she wants - ideally both."
"If you wanna throw this pebble down the river we'll just do this later and spend the evening talking about more enjoyable things or consuming each other's earthly delights. Is that alright with you?"
Lion Clan - HGS: 51/41/35 - Kitsu Red Hair, Missing fingers
"Mark my words, your descendants will remember you."
Gift giving ritual: Feel free to skip due to timezones
Ideal Lewdness level: Ftb, raunchy/lewd is fine
PM if thread desired

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Sun Aug 22, 2021 11:28 pm

They sighed and rubbed their forehead, suddenly becoming much more serious.

"Well what do you want me to tell you? That I'm as fertile as a floodplain and can give you tons of little red headed children?" This was a conversation best brought up now. "The truth is, is I don't know. No one knows how fertile they are until they try to have children."
Imperial ❀ Shugenja ❀ Professional Dumbass ❀ Benten's Curse ❀ Sixth Sense ❀ Affect of Harmlessness
Glory: Reputable Status: Average Imperial Honor: Average Profile!
Carries: Fan, smol knife, wakizashi, finger of jade, divination kit!

Wears: Unsei often is seen wearing star-covered robes in shades of black, dark blues, and gold. In the center of their forehead is a small birthmark in the shape of a diamond/star, and they always wear a hat with a short veil and tassels on it. Their hair is kept in a long ponytail that reaches down to their ankles.

"You might've heard of me. I was the Imperial that broke their toe falling out of a tree at Shiro Kuni."

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Sun Aug 22, 2021 11:37 pm

Seppun Unsei wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 11:28 pm
They sighed and rubbed their forehead, suddenly becoming much more serious.

"Well what do you want me to tell you? That I'm as fertile as a floodplain and can give you tons of little red headed children?" This was a conversation best brought up now. "The truth is, is I don't know. No one knows how fertile they are until they try to have children."
Alright, looks like this was going to be one of those evenings.

"The truth I want to know is - succeed or fail, would you be willing to try for children with me, if we get married? If we can't sure, adoption is an option. If it's because of Benten's curse you know I'd travel across Rokugan itself to break it. But I don't think I've met a single samurai here who doesn't, in some capacity, want to help raise a child that they bought into the world. The reality may be we won't be able to, and if it is I'll stick by you. But if we could -somehow, against all odds... would you?"
PM if thread desired

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Sun Aug 22, 2021 11:54 pm

Kitsu Moshumaru wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 11:37 pm
"The truth I want to know is - succeed or fail, would you be willing to try for children with me, if we get married? If we can't sure, adoption is an option. If it's because of Benten's curse you know I'd travel across Rokugan itself to break it. But I don't think I've met a single samurai here who doesn't, in some capacity, want to help raise a child that they bought into the world. The reality may be we won't be able to, and if it is I'll stick by you. But if we could -somehow, against all odds... would you?"
"I highly doubt a curse by Benten-no-kami is going to make me infertile. That specific fortune is Hujokuko-no-kami. She's a vassal of Benten-no-kami, but they are two separate fortunes, and as far as I know, I've not been cursed by her."

Stars above, I feel like a mare that has her master trying to sell her off and assuring the buyer that she'll give birth to healthy foals.

Unsei subtly shifted a few feet away from him, moving a bit at a time while they spoke. "Yes, I'm willing to have children." They said, though not as chipper as they were before this topic.
Imperial ❀ Shugenja ❀ Professional Dumbass ❀ Benten's Curse ❀ Sixth Sense ❀ Affect of Harmlessness

Wears: Unsei often is seen wearing star-covered robes in shades of black, dark blues, and gold. In the center of their forehead is a small birthmark in the shape of a diamond/star, and they always wear a hat with a short veil and tassels on it. Their hair is kept in a long ponytail that reaches down to their ankles.

"You might've heard of me. I was the Imperial that broke their toe falling out of a tree at Shiro Kuni."

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Sun Aug 22, 2021 11:58 pm

Seppun Unsei wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 11:54 pm
Unsei subtly shifted a few feet away from him, moving a bit at a time while they spoke. "Yes, I'm willing to have children." They said, though not as chipper as they were before this topic.
"Thank you. That's all I'll ever need to hear on the topic." The Kitsu confirmed with a happy softness. He wanted to move closer, but respected their space. Still, he made sure his parasol kept them out the rain.

"So if I may, we know that the Sun and Moon are Lady Sun and Lord Moon, what are the stars?" He asked, switching the topic.
PM if thread desired

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:13 am

"The stars are anything. Animals, fortunes, some people lucky enough to be placed into the sky by the Fortunes, and anything in between." They murmured, but it didn't quite seem like their heart was in it right now.

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:20 am

"..." The Kitsu noted the hesitation.

He was tempted to apologize, say he ruined it for speaking out of turn, but had he? He'd offered to put this off, let the night recuperate, but they had dove headfirst into it - just like they had dove headfirst into everything else.

The weapon had been unchecked, and now the skirmish was over. It was time to assess damage.

"I apologize. If you'd like to me leave for the evening, I can - or if you'd rather, I can stay. My door will be open tomorrow, should you require it."

[Do you wanna /scene or keep going?]
PM if thread desired

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:26 am

They shook their head. "No, it's fine." More words laid heavy on their tongue, moments away from being spoken had Unsei not literally bit them back. They were little more than additional sparks that weren't needed this evening. "Just a bit tired is all."

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:33 am

Seppun Unsei wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:26 am
They shook their head. "No, it's fine." More words laid heavy on their tongue, moments away from being spoken had Unsei not literally bit them back. They were little more than additional sparks that weren't needed this evening. "Just a bit tired is all."
The Kitsu found a nice spot with some moonlight, set up his parasol and offered the Seppun a seat on his lap.
"You can rest on me, if you'd like. Take as much time as you'd like."
PM if thread desired

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:51 am

Kitsu Moshumaru wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:33 am
The Kitsu found a nice spot with some moonlight, set up his parasol and offered the Seppun a seat on his lap.
"You can rest on me, if you'd like. Take as much time as you'd like."
"I... appreciate the offer, but I think I'll just sit beside you for right now." They smiled some and then sat beside him. They still felt... unpleasant after the line of questioning and didn't quite feel like being too lovey at the exact moment, even if they understood why they had to be questioned so. Though one of these days she waited for when the guy would be questioned like that.

"It's... a nice night out."