Walking paths thread their way through flower and tree
Kitsu Moshumaru

Re: [D8 ME, expecting] - A stroll by any other name

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:04 pm

Seppun Unsei wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:02 pm
They arched a brow and tilted their head to the side. "Hm? What about them?"
Well, it was now or never he supposed.

...But first, he'd need to start with some lighter conversation, he imagined, and some scouting.

"How are children raised in the capital? Are there people to help raise them, playgroups, educators, what?"
Lion Clan - HGS: 51/41/35 - Kitsu Red Hair, Missing fingers
"Mark my words, your descendants will remember you."
Gift giving ritual: Feel free to skip due to timezones
Ideal Lewdness level: Ftb, raunchy/lewd is fine
PM if thread desired

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:12 pm

Kitsu Moshumaru wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:04 pm
"How are children raised in the capital? Are there people to help raise them, playgroups, educators, what?"
Unsei gave him a bit of a sweet smile before poking his nose lightly.

"You going to get to the point or are we going to dance around the bush all evening? We can do the dance if you want, but getting to the point is always fun, too."

They might be dumb, but they weren't that dumb and had honestly been expecting a conversation along these lines for the past few days.
Imperial ❀ Shugenja ❀ Professional Dumbass ❀ Benten's Curse ❀ Sixth Sense ❀ Affect of Harmlessness
Glory: Reputable Status: Average Imperial Honor: Average Profile!
Carries: Fan, smol knife, wakizashi, finger of jade, divination kit!

Wears: Unsei often is seen wearing star-covered robes in shades of black, dark blues, and gold. In the center of their forehead is a small birthmark in the shape of a diamond/star, and they always wear a hat with a short veil and tassels on it. Their hair is kept in a long ponytail that reaches down to their ankles.

"You might've heard of me. I was the Imperial that broke their toe falling out of a tree at Shiro Kuni."

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:17 pm

Seppun Unsei wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:12 pm
Unsei gave him a bit of a sweet smile before poking his nose lightly.

"You going to get to the point or are we going to dance around the bush all evening? We can do the dance if you want, but being to the point is always fun, too."

They might be dumb, but they weren't that dumb and had honestly been expecting a conversation along these lines for the past few days.
She almost had him, but not quite.

"There is a separate point, but also it's a legitimate question of mine. I have no idea how children are raised in the Capital and, like you said, if we are wed then I will be following you to the capital. I'd prefer to know what to expect - should I expect one of us to manually manage the estate, is it common practice to have a non-samurai guardian who looks after the children while we work, so on and so forth. Who knows? My point might not even matter since it'd be a non-worry in the capital."
PM if thread desired

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:04 pm

"Depends on how wealthy and influential you are. Given my duty and yours, we'll likely have someone to raise the child or children since we'll be away most of the time. Some of the larger houses have a retainer that does the managing as well. Like, in my family's case, I was raised by a maid, who actually taught me quite a bit, while my parents were away. They'd pop up every now and then to say some rude things and then go on their way, but that was about it. My father oversaw most of the managing, but had a servant for help, but he'd always triple check their work to make sure it was correct." They answered.

"Raised like any other pompous samurai with parental issues really."
Imperial ❀ Shugenja ❀ Professional Dumbass ❀ Benten's Curse ❀ Sixth Sense ❀ Affect of Harmlessness

Wears: Unsei often is seen wearing star-covered robes in shades of black, dark blues, and gold. In the center of their forehead is a small birthmark in the shape of a diamond/star, and they always wear a hat with a short veil and tassels on it. Their hair is kept in a long ponytail that reaches down to their ankles.

"You might've heard of me. I was the Imperial that broke their toe falling out of a tree at Shiro Kuni."

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:10 pm

Seppun Unsei wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:04 pm
"Depends on how wealthy and influential you are. Given my duty and yours, we'll likely have someone to raise the child or children since we'll be away most of the time. Some of the larger houses have a retainer that does the managing as well. Like, in my family's case, I was raised by a maid, who actually taught me quite a bit, while my parents were away. They'd pop up every now and then to say some rude things and then go on their way, but that was about it. My father oversaw most of the managing, but had a servant for help, but he'd always triple check their work to make sure it was correct." They answered.

"Raised like any other pompous samurai with parental issues really."
Upon hearing those words, the Kitsu seems to unsag, straightening out like a burden of unimaginable weight had been lifted off his shoulders. His smile seemed to return with ease, as if he had never worried in the first place.

"Oh, okay. I was raised mostly at the edges of the Lion lands before our family was assigned a more central position, so my childhood had some instability; sometimes my father would care for me, sometimes my mother, sometimes I was sent to spend time with Hide-sama. Knowing that whatever we have or want to do there'll be a stable, secure place for our children to grow brings me great relief."

He gave Unsei a peck.
"I'm sorry if I worried you, Unsei-kun."
PM if thread desired

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:26 pm

Kitsu Moshumaru wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:10 pm
"Oh, okay. I was raised mostly at the edges of the Lion lands before our family was assigned a more central position, so my childhood had some instability; sometimes my father would care for me, sometimes my mother, sometimes I was sent to spend time with Hide-sama. Knowing that whatever we have or want to do there'll be a stable, secure place for our children to grow brings me great relief."
"I'm glad to hear it, but yeah... as long as we don't get stationed out somewhere else, we'll have a steady place. Not to mention most of my immediate family will also be in Otosan Uchi, so they'll have their grandparents around too, even though I'd be rather wary of that personally. Or rather, at least one set of grandparents, unless yours decide to come live with us too. Then it'll be both and we'll have a very, very busy household."
Kitsu Moshumaru wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:10 pm
He gave Unsei a peck.
"I'm sorry if I worried you, Unsei-kun."
"You didn't. If anything, I was worried you were going to be like Shosuro-san and ask how I could make babies, even though adoption is a thing, and I was going to be very concerned if you did.

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:31 pm

Seppun Unsei wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:26 pm
"You didn't. If anything, I was worried you were going to be like Shosuro-san and ask how I could make babies, even though adoption is a thing, and I was going to be very concerned if you did.
That put a stop in his tracks.

"Hold on. But we've, y'know, how any times now? Three? Four? Is this another side effect of Benten's curse?"
PM if thread desired

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:50 pm

Kitsu Moshumaru wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:31 pm
That put a stop in his tracks.

"Hold on. But we've, y'know, how any times now? Three? Four? Is this another side effect of Benten's curse?"
"I know. Don't get me wrong. Trust me, I do remember the time we've spent together in vivid detail. Just... I've also learned to never underestimate someone. This isn't me saying you aren't smart, because you're brilliant, but it was a minor worry very far in the back of my mind."

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:58 pm

Seppun Unsei wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:50 pm
"I know. Don't get me wrong. Trust me, I do remember the time we've spent together in vivid detail. Just... I've also learned to never underestimate someone. This isn't me saying you aren't smart, because you're brilliant, but it was a minor worry very far in the back of my mind."
The Kitsu looked concerned - that didn't answer his question, but he took a breath and returned to peace.

"As long as you're okay with adopting my children, so to speak, we'll be fine. As a red-haired Kitsu, that'll be a demand they have, but we can always hire the mother of the child to raise it or somesuch. But I would need to understand some things. Not things that'll determine if I love you or not - I do, but for future planning. You say 'but we can adopt' - I assume that's a side effect of Benten's curse, or is that something else?"
PM if thread desired

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Sun Aug 22, 2021 11:03 pm

Oh by the kami this again. People and their babies...
Kitsu Moshumaru wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:58 pm
The Kitsu looked concerned - that didn't answer his question, but he took a breath and returned to peace.

"As long as you're okay with adopting my children, so to speak, we'll be fine. As a red-haired Kitsu, that'll be a demand they have, but we can always hire the mother of the child to raise it or somesuch. But I would need to understand some things. Not things that'll determine if I love you or not - I do, but for future planning. You say 'but we can adopt' - I assume that's a side effect of Benten's curse, or is that something else?"
"As far as I know I can have children, but I've never exactly tried for a kid because I'm not going to raise a bastard and my family would've disowned me at that point. I'm sure I can though. What I meant by adopting was for when Shosuro-san was asking how I could have kids. We've never slept together, but he's so insistent on making sure he marries a woman in order to have his children. He seems to forget that there are many ways to go about it if two spouses can't make a kid together."