[D8 ME, expecting] - A stroll by any other name

Walking paths thread their way through flower and tree
Kitsu Moshumaru

[D8 ME, expecting] - A stroll by any other name

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Sun Aug 22, 2021 3:16 pm

The Mourner simply took in the atmosphere. It was... strange, really, not smelling the mountain of pillows. It was nice - he had a lot of nice memories of this place. Still, he waited by the pond, waiting for a certain star to appear from the darkness.
Lion Clan - HGS: 51/41/35 - Kitsu Red Hair, Missing fingers
"Mark my words, your descendants will remember you."
Gift giving ritual: Feel free to skip due to timezones
Ideal Lewdness level: Ftb, raunchy/lewd is fine
PM if thread desired

Seppun Unsei

Re: [D8 ME, expecting] - A stroll by any other name

Post by Seppun Unsei » Sun Aug 22, 2021 3:37 pm

Star might not have been the right word for Unsei, but they were here tonight and leaning more towards masculine. Their shoulders and torso seemed a bit more broad and their jawline was sharper. On their upper lip were some faint hairs, but they were there. Their hair was also in a loose braid.

They bowed to Moshu. "Good evening." They said pleasantly in a slightly deeper tone than usual.
Imperial ❀ Shugenja ❀ Professional Dumbass ❀ Benten's Curse ❀ Sixth Sense ❀ Affect of Harmlessness
Glory: Reputable Status: Average Imperial Honor: Average Profile!
Carries: Fan, smol knife, wakizashi, finger of jade, divination kit!

Wears: Unsei often is seen wearing star-covered robes in shades of black, dark blues, and gold. In the center of their forehead is a small birthmark in the shape of a diamond/star, and they always wear a hat with a short veil and tassels on it. Their hair is kept in a long ponytail that reaches down to their ankles.

"You might've heard of me. I was the Imperial that broke their toe falling out of a tree at Shiro Kuni."

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Sun Aug 22, 2021 3:41 pm

The Kitsu bowed in return.

"Good evening, Unsei-kun. I'm glad that you so readily accepted my invitation - there is surely much we can discuss in these gardens, no?"
PM if thread desired

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Sun Aug 22, 2021 3:53 pm

"You make it sound like I'd hesitate to accept them, Moshu-kun." They chirped happily before wasting no time in moving closer to them.

"So, what shall we discuss first out here?"
Imperial ❀ Shugenja ❀ Professional Dumbass ❀ Benten's Curse ❀ Sixth Sense ❀ Affect of Harmlessness

Wears: Unsei often is seen wearing star-covered robes in shades of black, dark blues, and gold. In the center of their forehead is a small birthmark in the shape of a diamond/star, and they always wear a hat with a short veil and tassels on it. Their hair is kept in a long ponytail that reaches down to their ankles.

"You might've heard of me. I was the Imperial that broke their toe falling out of a tree at Shiro Kuni."

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Sun Aug 22, 2021 5:13 pm

The Kitsu ponders.

"Now that is a hard question - I could probably talk to you about anything from the stars to the soil."

He dismisses his more foolish notions for a solid topic.

"Perhaps more relevantly, how did your match go?"
PM if thread desired

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Sun Aug 22, 2021 5:32 pm

"Maybe I'd like to hear about the stars and soil from you." They chuckled softly. "Can't say I know much about the soil though."

"Though, my match? It wasn't terrible. Went fairly well, actually. Two wins for me, two wins for Moto-san, and then a tie. What of yours though?"

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Sun Aug 22, 2021 5:43 pm

Seppun Unsei wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 5:32 pm
"Maybe I'd like to hear about the stars and soil from you." They chuckled softly. "Can't say I know much about the soil though."

"Though, my match? It wasn't terrible. Went fairly well, actually. Two wins for me, two wins for Moto-san, and then a tie. What of yours though?"
"...Well..."
"Weighing in dearly in our hearts, they say he once fought home alone from the depths of the Crane lands! It is said that the ancestors themselves cite him when they welcome another from the Kharmic wheel! They say each scar on his body is a small shrine, dedicated to those who have passed before us!"
"So it turns out, I made some friends the last time I was here. They had had their gempuku just a couple of months ago, and were assigned to help with this event..."
"Do not weep for him, for he weeps for you!"
"Hold your head high, for his hands will raise you higher!"
"Begin any poetry with heart, for his mind will finish it!"
"...Apparently, I made quite an impression on them. So much so that they..."
"HE IS..."

"...KITSU MOSHUMARU!"
"...Might have hyped my introduction." The Kitsu finished, a little red in the face.

"They are good kids, really - well, adults now."

And there it was - for a dark second - that doubt again. He looked to the stars for a brief moment, to hide his apprehension.

"I think you would have liked them."
PM if thread desired

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:46 pm

"Seems you really did a lot in this Kyuden, huh?" They teased slightly. "But I'm glad to hear that you made such a good impression." Noticing the red on his cheeks, they leaned up and gave him a little peck.

"That color suits you, by the way, even if I'd rather have been the one to cause it. Brightens your face up quite a bit. Though, yes, I'm sure I would've liked them. I'm always down to meet them one day, you know."

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:04 pm

Seppun Unsei wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:46 pm
"Seems you really did a lot in this Kyuden, huh?" They teased slightly. "But I'm glad to hear that you made such a good impression." Noticing the red on his cheeks, they leaned up and gave him a little peck.
"I was hear a few months prior, actually. Here I-" He is interrupted by the kiss.

"Oh, okay." He finishes, obviously preferring the kiss than the explanation.
Seppun Unsei wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:46 pm
"That color suits you, by the way, even if I'd rather have been the one to cause it. Brightens your face up quite a bit. Though, yes, I'm sure I would've liked them. I'm always down to meet them one day, you know."
"You saw them earlier this morning - they were helping staff the matches. But sure, I'll see if I can borrow some of their ears tomorrow. Speaking of children.."

There it was again!..Was it time?
PM if thread desired

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:02 pm

Kitsu Moshumaru wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:04 pm
"I was hear a few months prior, actually. Here I-" He is interrupted by the kiss.
"I know you were. I might be scatterbrained, but I do remember you telling me that when we first met at the very least." They teased.
Kitsu Moshumaru wrote:
You saw them earlier this morning - they were helping staff the matches. But sure, I'll see if I can borrow some of their ears tomorrow.
"That's very bold of you to assume that I was paying enough attention to notice two young Deer out of the crowd of young Deer. That's like trying to pick out specific Imperials at the palace or Scorpion in the City of Lies, and I assure you, I am that scatterbrained to not notice."
Kitsu Moshumaru wrote:
Speaking of children.."
They arched a brow and tilted their head to the side. "Hm? What about them?"