[D8 EE] Lanterns and Walls (Expecting)

Walking paths thread their way through flower and tree
Kaikoga Koi

Re: [D8 EE] Lanterns and Walls (Expecting)

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Sun Aug 29, 2021 6:28 pm

Koi blushed as she understood the meaning of Yasu's compliments. She sipped her tea with a sigh of satisfaction, and she closed her eyes as she collected herself. "You not wrong but I have seen items out of Crab lands, and they are amazing."

When the subject shifted back to the rain and she smiled. "A poet I enjoy once said; Life is but a storm, one moment you could be sailing and the next shattered against the rocks. Its on those moments when you scream - do your worst for I shall do mine - that we shall know who you are as a person."

The Moth closed her eyes. "I will never forget you." She whispered breathlessly.
Moth Clan ★ Glory 44 ★ Honour 49 ★ Status 28 ★ Courtship Points 23 ★ Scent of Lilacs, Citrus oils and Almond ★

Update: Day 13. Koi is wearing a kimono in much higher quality, lilac in hues with green lunar moths and silver lanterns. She is wearing a jade green choker. She is wearing a katana that largely is peace tied, and at night has a very fine lantern. She is being followed at all times by a Shika Guard at a distances. She wears a fine wooden carved bracelet with the Moth Clan symbol on it.

Dangerous Allure ★ Wood working tools ★ Unsavoury Past ★ Shaking Hands ★ Anxiety Attacks ★ A Purple Choker with a wooden sphere of a Moth ★

Female ★ Actress ★ Vitiligo on the left eye ★ I'd never really found a place in the outside world, but had stayed away too long to fit in at home. ★ Wait so LongProfile

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:24 pm

Makeup and dim lights would hide any blush, but can't disguise the widening of eyes and self-deprecating smile. She does keep herself from making a foolish jokes about of course Kuni are memorable with faces like this. "Ah..Koi-san, I don't think that anyone could forget you. Luminous." Her eyes drop to the table as she sips her tea a moment.

"I imagine we'll see a few people in those moments here. Running onto rocks." There's a long silence. "I almost thought, for a moment, that it meant more like...those fights where death is very close, and I was going to say those don't tell you much. You don't have a lot of choices there. Fight to live, or don't. Tells you about courage, but not a lot else."

"But I think you mean more...those times where plans are all upended unexpectedly? A lot more choices there."
Crab * Purifier * Big Lady * Face Paint * Excellent Bloodlines * Unwealthy * Friendly
Honor is the Ideal * Glory: Unremarkable Retainer * Status: 30 * CP: 16

Commonly worn: Clothes!; wakizashi with crab tsuba; small knife; scroll satchel--tied closed with blue & brown kumihimo braid and dangling apricot pit netsuke; elaborately woven ribbon tying up her hair; a jade necklace carved into a Badger head, carved wooden charms of crab and moth looped around a wrist with lavender ribbon.

Description

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:39 pm

Koi smiled warmly but in the back of her mind was sadness, she knew that was only down to her beauty that people would remember her and she knew nothing would change. The Moth sipped her tea before placing her cup down.

And she spoke. "I shall remember you for your mind, your insight and vision that goes beyond your years. Your curiousity will remain with me forever, and how you view the world without being entirely jaded or cold. There is a fire within your heart and in your mind that spins, and rotates only adding to your wonder. I see a women who is filled with potential for greatness, and compassion for those around you. Kindness for someone who does their duty after seeing such horror."

The Moth smiled softly, and went quiet for a spell. "Life is sudden. It never creeps up on you." She said softly. "It means to live your life to the fullest, be brave enough to face your troubles head on and be prepared to fight for your life." She chuckled. "But you said better."
Moth Clan ★ Glory 44 ★ Honour 49 ★ Status 28 ★ Courtship Points 23 ★ Scent of Lilacs, Citrus oils and Almond ★

Update: Day 13. Koi is wearing a kimono in much higher quality, lilac in hues with green lunar moths and silver lanterns. She is wearing a jade green choker. She is wearing a katana that largely is peace tied, and at night has a very fine lantern. She is being followed at all times by a Shika Guard at a distances. She wears a fine wooden carved bracelet with the Moth Clan symbol on it.

Dangerous Allure ★ Wood working tools ★ Unsavoury Past ★ Shaking Hands ★ Anxiety Attacks ★ A Purple Choker with a wooden sphere of a Moth ★

Female ★ Actress ★ Vitiligo on the left eye ★ I'd never really found a place in the outside world, but had stayed away too long to fit in at home. ★ Wait so LongProfile

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:04 pm

"Oh no! That's too much!" An obviously flustered Kuni lifts a hand over her mouth, not touching any paint. "I'm just..doing my duty as my family's taught me, I'm not.." her embarrassed laugh is still cheerful, and gives her a chance to find some composure. "I think you see with a lot of affection and not enough time to spot my reluctance to wake for morning devotions or anger with my siblings or any of the rest."

"We're all just, you know...trying to face those troubles that come," she says with a smile that comes a bit closer to normal, though she's obviously still flustered. "Um...like all this. I feel like some are handling the miai better than others...and that's not even a sudden thing, it really does get to creep up on us over these few weeks, doesn't it?"
Crab * Purifier * Big Lady * Face Paint * Excellent Bloodlines * Unwealthy * Friendly

Commonly worn: Clothes!; wakizashi with crab tsuba; small knife; scroll satchel--tied closed with blue & brown kumihimo braid and dangling apricot pit netsuke; elaborately woven ribbon tying up her hair; a jade necklace carved into a Badger head, carved wooden charms of crab and moth looped around a wrist with lavender ribbon.

Description

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:48 am

Koi smiled playfully. "And all those things make you more genuine. I do not look for perfection in people, it is unachievable and all those things you describe sound rather adorable. I standby my compliment."

"Also, who genuinely wants to get up in the morning? Lunatics and crazy people. Especially when you are warm or folded into the arms of a beautiful woman?" She teased, enjoying the fluttering of the Kuni. "And I get mad at my siblings all the time. Sometimes they can be little shits, and get in the way." She chuckled, warmly. "You only sell yourself more to me."

She refilled Yasu's and Koi's tea cups before nodding. "Frankly, this place has been like recieving whiplash its changes so quickly back and forth. I have no idea what I am doing, but it has been an experience." She said softly, a smile.

Koi paused a moment, and turned to Yasu. "Yasu-san, what do you look like without your mask? I apologise if its offensive to ask your clan that question."

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:25 pm

"It's not offensive," she shakes her head slightly. "Just maybe hard for me to describe. Pale, on account of the paint constantly. Everything seems less.... just less." A short, two-toned laugh acknowledges how unhelpful that is. "Lips seem thinner without all the color, and brows less expressive, you know? And just plain pale is so much less dramatic than rice white." She sips the tea, again keeping that red residue from her lips all in one spot on the rim of the cup.

"It's a protection meant to confuse harmful spirits. But it has been interesting finding that it feels a bit protective here as well, among so many strangers, and that constant change you're talking about."

Description

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:01 pm

Koi pondered for a moment, and raised a hand. "Yasu, before this miai ends. May I see you that way? Just once."

She placed her cup down. "I will do something special for you, let me paint your dreams."

The Moth said softly, genuinely.

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:01 am

There's a surprised pause for thought, slowly turning her cup in her hands. She nods. "It is not so rare as all that, since I don't take all that paint to the baths, for example But...there is a spirit you've mentioned a connection to, are they a constant, or an occasional, or just a historic presence? The mask is to offer a small confusion to spirits, and I would prefer to set some safeguard against such a companion if they'd be able to see."

She nods again, that feeling like about the right amount to say about that.

"As to my dreams, I already feel so in debt to you, Koi-san." Looking into her cup, she considers for a long moment, then smiles, eyes flicking up to meet the Moth's. "Is it something you would want to keep?" There's honest curiosity, not suspicion in the question. Some people collect chopsticks. Why not collect dreams?

Description

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:40 am

Koi smiled warmly before flirtatiously leaning forward, a blush showing on her cheeks."I would admit that perhaps avoiding the bathhouse would be the best for me as I do not know if I could resist taking you in my arms there and then?"

There was a moment of confusion before raising a finger. "You mean Allul, I have not seen them sense my Gempukku and for many years now since. I very much doubt they will appear in your dreams - not that you would know as baku spirits make up the entirety of Yume-do."

Koi sat still for a moment before nodding, it was expected thing to ask. "Some of my clan do, my Cousin Boheme has a surprising collection of paintings though most are of erotic men.." She mentioned with a smile. "I am not that kind of person, dreams are as personal as a kiss, or a hug, or even as personal as lovemaking. They do not belong to me, they are your's to have and hold should you decide to gift it that is your choice and are under no obligation too." Koi smiled. "I just enjoy the process plus I get to spend time with you more and I believe I am running out of time for those moments."

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Thu Sep 02, 2021 11:30 am

"Oh..Oh! No, I just meant that I remove it for that and that's every day so it's...not that I have to wear it every hour...not that I had to be in the baths to...Umm, right." She can't help laughing at her own awkwardness, feeling her cheeks burn. "I can just invite you for tea?"

She sips at what remains of her tea, calming. "What is the process like, of painting dreams?" She considers multiple options and opts to wait and hear, rather than guess.

Description