[D8 EE] Lanterns and Walls (Expecting)

Walking paths thread their way through flower and tree
Kaikoga Koi

Re: [D8 EE] Lanterns and Walls (Expecting)

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Tue Aug 24, 2021 3:53 pm

Koi raises a brow for a moment at Yasu before raising a finger. "If it is not a gift, but a trading of tools then I have something in exchange for your services!"

Koi reaches up and untied a lilac ribbon she had been wearing with a simple Moth emblem on it since Day one but the little wooden talismans was different.

"I would like to give you this. It is an invocation of the air kami inside it. It is a very useful utility spell." She said happily, and offered the necklace to the Kuni in exchange for the Origami.
Moth Clan ★ Glory 44 ★ Honour 49 ★ Status 28 ★ Courtship Points 23 ★ Scent of Lilacs, Citrus oils and Almond ★

Update: Day 13. Koi is wearing a kimono in much higher quality, lilac in hues with green lunar moths and silver lanterns. She is wearing a jade green choker. She is wearing a katana that largely is peace tied, and at night has a very fine lantern. She is being followed at all times by a Shika Guard at a distances. She wears a fine wooden carved bracelet with the Moth Clan symbol on it.

Dangerous Allure ★ Wood working tools ★ Unsavoury Past ★ Shaking Hands ★ Anxiety Attacks ★ A Purple Choker with a wooden sphere of a Moth ★

Female ★ Actress ★ Vitiligo on the left eye ★ I'd never really found a place in the outside world, but had stayed away too long to fit in at home. ★ Wait so LongProfile

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Wed Aug 25, 2021 3:17 am

"But..." One doesn't entirely run a Yasuki style ledger for gifts given and received, but there's a balance nonetheless, a give and take, and Yasu's feeling a bit in the red. "Oh...hmm.. ok then." Her eyes are bit wide with uncertainty, but she juggles a bit to take the ribbon and jostle the little origami off into Koi's hand, all one-handed as she continues holding the umbrella aloft.

"This one's an earth invocation. It calls upon the ground to open and grab your enemy's feet, holding them still for just a moment. But that can be time enough to make quite a difference."
Crab * Purifier * Big Lady * Face Paint * Excellent Bloodlines * Unwealthy * Friendly
Honor is the Ideal * Glory: Unremarkable Retainer * Status: 30 * CP: 16

Commonly worn: Clothes!; wakizashi with crab tsuba; small knife; scroll satchel--tied closed with blue & brown kumihimo braid and dangling apricot pit netsuke; elaborately woven ribbon tying up her hair; a jade necklace carved into a Badger head, carved wooden charms of crab and moth looped around a wrist with lavender ribbon.

Description

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Wed Aug 25, 2021 2:40 pm

Koi smiled warmly, she did not mind as Koi found the presences and knowing the Kuni to be a gift as it is. Plus, she was a giver. She gave her all to those that she loved, or liked at the very least. It was hard for her not too, it was just her natural. "Oh! That is a good invocation to have! Thank you, Yasu-san. Mine is an invocation that allows you to commune with animals, and to ask them for assistances with one thing as long as it doesn't directly put them in danger."

Koi slipped the origami into her sleeve, and kept it safe from the rain. "Would you like me to tie the lace on?" She asked softly.
Moth Clan ★ Glory 44 ★ Honour 49 ★ Status 28 ★ Courtship Points 23 ★ Scent of Lilacs, Citrus oils and Almond ★

Update: Day 13. Koi is wearing a kimono in much higher quality, lilac in hues with green lunar moths and silver lanterns. She is wearing a jade green choker. She is wearing a katana that largely is peace tied, and at night has a very fine lantern. She is being followed at all times by a Shika Guard at a distances. She wears a fine wooden carved bracelet with the Moth Clan symbol on it.

Dangerous Allure ★ Wood working tools ★ Unsavoury Past ★ Shaking Hands ★ Anxiety Attacks ★ A Purple Choker with a wooden sphere of a Moth ★

Female ★ Actress ★ Vitiligo on the left eye ★ I'd never really found a place in the outside world, but had stayed away too long to fit in at home. ★ Wait so LongProfile

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Thu Aug 26, 2021 4:03 am

The Kuni brightens noticeably as she describes the spell. "That sounds like a very useful one. Do they speak back? Or merely understand what you ask of them? Oh..." she nods once, "ah...I'd be honored." She's not entirely sure what to expect as far as *where* it's tied on
Crab * Purifier * Big Lady * Face Paint * Excellent Bloodlines * Unwealthy * Friendly

Commonly worn: Clothes!; wakizashi with crab tsuba; small knife; scroll satchel--tied closed with blue & brown kumihimo braid and dangling apricot pit netsuke; elaborately woven ribbon tying up her hair; a jade necklace carved into a Badger head, carved wooden charms of crab and moth looped around a wrist with lavender ribbon.

Description

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:02 am

Koi smiled. "It is amusingly the first time I casted it. You may converse back and forth, but there is an additional favour in there that allows you to ask for a single task as I mentioned."

Koi placed the lantern down on a bench before turning to Yasu and slipping behind her. "I shall try not to touch you, Yasu-san." She said softly looped the necklace of very soft silk, a lilac hue with a deeper purple edges allowing the little Talisman to dangle. "Comfortable?" She asked.

----
For mechanical effect: You have a Talisman of Nature's Touch with the Opportunity to ask for the assistance of an animal.

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:15 am

"That's delightful! My connection to the air is not so strong otherwise. I'm lucky if they'll respond to me at all some days." She bows her head slightly to leave room to tie the little bit of silk in place, coiled braids falling away to bare her neck.

The little talisman tickles her skin, just above the jade badger, and she rests her fingers against them to still them. "It is, the tie is so soft." It's a stark contrast to the well-worn leather holding the the other pendant.

"So you haven't even had a chance to use it yourself!? I was going to ask what it was like trying to have a conversation with a bird, they seem so bright but...in the moment, you know?"

________
And you have a PM. Or should. Let me know if that is not the case. Work/lack of sleep is rough this week.

Description

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:17 am

Koi chuckled warmly. "Nor am I the same with the earth Kami, one would expect those that live in the Mountain’s might be more in commune with it but nope. They baffle me." Koi imagined bending down and placing kisses across Yasu's neck, and holding her against her as visions of erotically holding...Koi pulled her mind from the gutter but a blush did creep into her cheeks.

"You can replace it with some cord, or whatever you want I usually just wear lace." She chuckles. "I got this in Kyuden Shika from a friend named June, and now I pass it onto you. I hope it helps you in the future, Yasu-san."

Stepping back Koi chuckled. "I havent I admit but I would happily do it again, it isnt that complex of an invocation." She said lightly before adding. "Though I should begin studying how to summon a fog, it is something my school wants me to learn eventually."

Arriving they discovered a small pagoda covered with ties and creeping flowers around the outside. Inside Koi smiled as she motioned to two cushions, and a tea set she had placed her not long ago. Placing down her lantern gave a very intimate but comfortable bout of privacy.

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:48 pm

There might be a flush creeping across the not-so-pale skin of the Kuni's throat as the silk settles. Hard to see in lantern light, and the smooth white of her face is as still and reflective as ever. But her fingers move from charm to lace. "Ah! so it's traded hands before in the same place? That seems significant, and a little...precious? Thank you." There's an embarrassed sincerity to the thanks, a sense of never quite being in position to match such generosity.

Yasu looks around the pagoda, taking in the small comforts, the lush growth all around. "Why a fog?" she asks while moving to settle at one of the indicated cushions. Somewhat thinking through her own question, she adds, "I suppose it *is* a bit of balance between air and water to get a good one. Good control exercise, perhaps?"

Description

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:18 pm

Koi was quite observant and did notice the hue change and so tempted to leave a kiss but that might be unwanted so she held back even as her own cheek and throat flushed a tad.

"Once yes, one would say June was my first love but it wasn't meant to be due to the...complications." She said, softly and smiled weakly.

She was a ronin. Koi thought but didn't want to taint any potential feelings for Koi.

"It has been a reminder of the past but now, I find myself looking to the future as I doubt my life will ever be the same again. Plus, you look beautiful with it on and well...y'know..." She blushed, and sat down before fussing with the tea set.

She shrugged. "Much like having to learn that sumo has to do with getting married, I have no idea why fog perhaps it ties into the balance as you suggested or for the theatricalness of the divining? Perhaps, to move quieter. I do not know."

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:47 pm

"Oh!" Calloused fingers snag gently on the soft silk as she touches it, rolling across the smooth, hard leather at the same time. "But...You should keep the things that remind you of someone like that!" They've dispensed with the idea of gifts, so it's not that ritual refusal. There's a deep sincerity to the sentiment. "I can't take that from you. Even if you couldn't remain with them, it's important that you had that, isn't it?"

She doesn't yet reach to untie it, a bit afraid of the mess she might make of an unfamiliar an unseen knot. "Sorry. I just feel like I'd have a hard time letting go of any reminders, if my match is to be different from my love." Her voice quiets. "That seems to precious for someone else to touch."

Description