[D7, EA, Expecting] Unexpected Kitsu

Walking paths thread their way through flower and tree
Seppun Unsei

Re: [D7, EA, Expecting] Unexpected Kitsu

Post by Seppun Unsei » Sat Aug 21, 2021 6:38 pm

Kitsu Tsugumasa wrote:
Sat Aug 21, 2021 4:32 pm
Kitsu being a Kitsu
Unsei listened to that and nodded a bit. "Sounds a bit like what that Kitsu Moshumaru-san fellow is doing, but sounds like yours has less writing involved, which is nice." As they spoke, they ran their fingers over the tops of the gems. "Do you enjoy your duty? Dealing with all of your ancestors and the other ancestors, of course."
Imperial ❀ Shugenja ❀ Professional Dumbass ❀ Benten's Curse ❀ Sixth Sense ❀ Affect of Harmlessness
Glory: Reputable Status: Average Imperial Honor: Average Profile!
Carries: Fan, smol knife, wakizashi, finger of jade, divination kit!

Wears: Unsei often is seen wearing star-covered robes in shades of black, dark blues, and gold. In the center of their forehead is a small birthmark in the shape of a diamond/star, and they always wear a hat with a short veil and tassels on it. Their hair is kept in a long ponytail that reaches down to their ankles.

"You might've heard of me. I was the Imperial that broke their toe falling out of a tree at Shiro Kuni."

Kitsu Tsugumasa

Post by Kitsu Tsugumasa » Sat Aug 21, 2021 9:02 pm

Seppun Unsei wrote:
Sat Aug 21, 2021 6:38 pm

Unsei listened to that and nodded a bit. "Sounds a bit like what that Kitsu Moshumaru-san fellow is doing, but sounds like yours has less writing involved, which is nice." As they spoke, they ran their fingers over the tops of the gems. "Do you enjoy your duty? Dealing with all of your ancestors and the other ancestors, of course."
That elicited a small frown.

"The expectations of our ancestors are great, but Duty must be fulfilled. My parents taught me that joy is a luxury for children, but one must set that aside when they take up their sword." he replies.

There were strict parents, and then there were STRICT parents, and Unsei had a pretty good feeling which the Lion had.
Lion Clan * Shugenja * Miai Candidate

"Failure would shame my ancestors."

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Sat Aug 21, 2021 10:31 pm

Kitsu Tsugumasa wrote:
Sat Aug 21, 2021 9:02 pm
That elicited a small frown.

"The expectations of our ancestors are great, but Duty must be fulfilled. My parents taught me that joy is a luxury for children, but one must set that aside when they take up their sword." he replies.

There were strict parents, and then there were STRICT parents, and Unsei had a pretty good feeling which the Lion had.
"..."

Oh don't you do it, bitch. Don't start fucking feeling bad for this flappy Lion. You already got enough on your plate.

They stared at the Lion in a bit more silence.

Lady Sun on a kami damned stick. You gods forsaken idiot. You blithering fool. You had one job. Read and get out. Not feel bad for the pitiful kitten that tossed itself into your lap. You cold yakitori, don't even think about saying what you're about to. You soggy mochi, do NO-

"Tomorrow. You. Me. We're going to go have some fun and figure out some things that'll give you a bit more joy in your life. What your parents don't know won't hurt them. Or even if they do know it, they can't stop you. Trust me. Mine knew almost everything I did, but they still couldn't stop me. All they did was tell me I was a disappointment and a failure, but words can't do more than emotional trauma and we're not supposed to be in touch with our emotions in the first place, so it all works out."

Unsei, you fucking hoe.
Imperial ❀ Shugenja ❀ Professional Dumbass ❀ Benten's Curse ❀ Sixth Sense ❀ Affect of Harmlessness

Wears: Unsei often is seen wearing star-covered robes in shades of black, dark blues, and gold. In the center of their forehead is a small birthmark in the shape of a diamond/star, and they always wear a hat with a short veil and tassels on it. Their hair is kept in a long ponytail that reaches down to their ankles.

"You might've heard of me. I was the Imperial that broke their toe falling out of a tree at Shiro Kuni."

Kitsu Tsugumasa

Post by Kitsu Tsugumasa » Sat Aug 21, 2021 10:39 pm

That.....set off a fairly long pause as the Lion tried to process the correct response. He was at a miai and supposed to be evaluating matches. Unsei was probably not a good match. At least not one approved of by his parents, but what if the Deer thought otherwise? It was a demand by a member of the Imperial families. A self-proclaimed failure of an Imperial. But one who said that that didn't matter. What did honor demand? What did his ancestors demand?

"....I'd...be honored Seppun-sama?" he said, his uncertainty manifest in his acceptance.

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Sat Aug 21, 2021 10:46 pm

"You could've just said no, Kitsu-san." They said flatly. They had an odd mixture of almost hurt and thankfulness that an opening to wiggle out of this mess had appeared. "Makes it easier than..." Lying was the first word on their tongue, but Lion and honor and all of that mess. "Seeming so conflicted about it. However, I'll read between the lines and take it as a no. Which is fine. Not hurting my feelings."

Kitsu Tsugumasa

Post by Kitsu Tsugumasa » Sat Aug 21, 2021 11:00 pm

Seppun Unsei wrote:
Sat Aug 21, 2021 10:46 pm
"You could've just said no, Kitsu-san." They said flatly. They had an odd mixture of almost hurt and thankfulness that an opening to wiggle out of this mess had appeared. "Makes it easier than..." Lying was the first word on their tongue, but Lion and honor and all of that mess. "Seeming so conflicted about it. However, I'll read between the lines and take it as a no. Which is fine. Not hurting my feelings."
Tsgumasu blinked at the explosion.

"Ah, no Seppun-sama. There's is nothing to read between the lines. I mean...I'm just surprised is all. I...really did not expect one as important as yourself to take an interest in me. A samurai owns his every word, I said I would do this thing, I will do this thing." he said, committed.

Would the Seppun call the Lion a liar? Cast his aside? Or would they follow through on an offer they made in a moment of weakness? Unsei's duck did not know, but would shortly find out.

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Sat Aug 21, 2021 11:21 pm

If the Seppun had a champion to deal with the likely duel that would be called if they called the Lion a dirty fuckin' liar, they would've. But they didn't.

"I don't understand why you continue to think all of this when I've told you multiple times that I don't act like that nor am I busy." Their next sentence, asking if the Kitsu thought they were a liar instead, or some vicious, cruel Imperial, hung heavily in the air though unspoken. They shook their head. "Forget it, Kitsu-san. Is there anything else you need of me this afternoon?" They asked softly in a tired voice. They were already feeling terrible after the shit show that was the singing contest. They didn't feel like dealing with the insinuations that they were some hoity toity Imperial on top of it.

Kitsu Tsugumasa

Post by Kitsu Tsugumasa » Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:06 am

Seppun Unsei wrote:
Sat Aug 21, 2021 11:21 pm
If the Seppun had a champion to deal with the likely duel that would be called if they called the Lion a dirty fuckin' liar, they would've. But they didn't.

"I don't understand why you continue to think all of this when I've told you multiple times that I don't act like that nor am I busy." Their next sentence, asking if the Kitsu thought they were a liar instead, or some vicious, cruel Imperial, hung heavily in the air though unspoken. They shook their head. "Forget it, Kitsu-san. Is there anything else you need of me this afternoon?" They asked softly in a tired voice. They were already feeling terrible after the shit show that was the singing contest. They didn't feel like dealing with the insinuations that they were some hoity toity Imperial on top of it.
"I think that way, Seppun-sama, because you are descended from Seppun-no-shiryo, one of the first mortals to witness the descent of the Kami and to pledge their service to them. I think that way, Seppun-sama because the Heavens themselves have blessed you to be able to speak with the very elemental spirits themselves. I think that way, Seppun-sama, because you have been invited to Kyuden Shika for the purposes of being a match that will be influential to the Empire as a whole."

"If you are not important, Seppun-sama, what chance do the rest of us have?"

He put the soul of the Lion into each sama to drive home the fact that Unsei was worthy of respect.

He shook his head.

"I have clearly overtaxed you with this reading, Seppun-sama. I look forward to our meeting tomorrow at the House of Night's Song. It should be interesting. Carry the Fortunes, Seppun-sama." he said, bowing swiftly, and taking his leave without so much as a by your leave.