[D7, EA, Expecting] Unexpected Kitsu

Walking paths thread their way through flower and tree
Seppun Unsei

Re: [D7, EA, Expecting] Unexpected Kitsu

Post by Seppun Unsei » Fri Aug 20, 2021 4:03 am

The Seppun looked closely at the Kitsu for a moment, weighing their options. If it was the bitch and they did go through with it, that would just make them even more insufferable.

They were also tempted to just... try and foresee who it was, but with their luck that wouldn't work. So rather than waste everyone's time with a short meeting for no reason other than a rejection that could've been a letter, they gestured at the dice.

"Pick three. Roll them one at a time, back to back. This will let me see which one falls in which order, which is necessary. I'll tell you what you get. This is if you want the three dice serve, of course. It's useful for things like this. You'll get an option 1, option 2, and something to be considered."
Imperial ❀ Shugenja ❀ Professional Dumbass ❀ Benten's Curse ❀ Sixth Sense ❀ Affect of Harmlessness
Glory: Reputable Status: Average Imperial Honor: Average Profile!
Carries: Fan, smol knife, wakizashi, finger of jade, divination kit!

Wears: Unsei often is seen wearing star-covered robes in shades of black, dark blues, and gold. In the center of their forehead is a small birthmark in the shape of a diamond/star, and they always wear a hat with a short veil and tassels on it. Their hair is kept in a long ponytail that reaches down to their ankles.

"You might've heard of me. I was the Imperial that broke their toe falling out of a tree at Shiro Kuni."

Kitsu Tsugumasa

Post by Kitsu Tsugumasa » Fri Aug 20, 2021 4:17 am

The Kitsu studied the dice....eventually he settled on the smallest three. He didn't really know anything about them, but perhaps they would be kind if he was humble in his selection. He rolled them very gently, lest he somehow damage the Seppun's dice with an overexuberant throw.
Lion Clan * Shugenja * Miai Candidate

"Failure would shame my ancestors."

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Fri Aug 20, 2021 12:57 pm

Once rolled, they looked over the dice and nodded to themself a few times.

"Option one. Meido. It's not bad or means anyone is going to die, but it's meant to represent a massive upheaval in ones life. Life changes and there's no way to come back from it, regardless of what you want. This is that. It's like how childhood has to die in order to become an adult and such. With what you've said, I think this fits well."

"Option two. Daikoku-no-kami. He represents new beginnings, usually through a means of money, but not always. There's a story of a man who was given magical wisteria seeds. The vines grew and grew and grew until they reached the stars themselves, giving him their knowledge. Thus, was a new beginning for him. However, what many ignore in this story is that he did have to nurture and care for the vines as they grew. In order to become successful, one has to give the new beginning the nourishment it needs in order to become fruitful."

"Something to consider. Hm. This one is about freedom, yet also hard work and travel. One will have to undergo difficult trials and sacrifices in order to reach the rewards they want, yet once they get them, they'll be free and with that reward. Yet, they've got to find a way to stay motivated during all of that."
Imperial ❀ Shugenja ❀ Professional Dumbass ❀ Benten's Curse ❀ Sixth Sense ❀ Affect of Harmlessness

Wears: Unsei often is seen wearing star-covered robes in shades of black, dark blues, and gold. In the center of their forehead is a small birthmark in the shape of a diamond/star, and they always wear a hat with a short veil and tassels on it. Their hair is kept in a long ponytail that reaches down to their ankles.

"You might've heard of me. I was the Imperial that broke their toe falling out of a tree at Shiro Kuni."

Kitsu Tsugumasa

Post by Kitsu Tsugumasa » Fri Aug 20, 2021 2:57 pm

One could almost see the dice spinning in the Kitsu''s mind as he pondered the Seppun's words.

"Hm."

He looked at the duck.

The duck looked up at him.

He looked at the duck.

"hm."

The duck looked up at him.

He looked at the duck..

"That is.....hm."

After a few more moments of contemplating the resells and the duck, the Kitsu slowly nodded.

"I think... I understand, Seppun-sama. Thank you for your wisdom." he said, giving a respectful bow to them.

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Fri Aug 20, 2021 4:10 pm

"Are you... okay? You're looking at the duckling a lot." They asked. "Was it not what you expected? Or is something yet still unclear?" Then they set the duckling on the table.

"Do you want to pet him?"

Kitsu Tsugumasa

Post by Kitsu Tsugumasa » Fri Aug 20, 2021 6:05 pm

"Hm?" the Kitsu blinked. "Ah, I'm sorry, Seppun-sama, I wasn't trying to be rude. Just needed somewhere to look while I mulled over your words, and I thought it would be rude to stare at you. Didn't mean to be rude to your duck, they do draw the eye though."

"At first, I thought perhaps I was not focused properly, because the reading would be very applicable to my struggles at the miai. But then I turned it over in my head, and it made sense. The stars grants their wisdom to those who reach out to them through their own efforts. Their gifts are freely available to all but if you do not work towards it, they will remain forever out of reach. That is not the fault of the stars." he explained his thinking.

He paused a moment.

"At least , that is my understanding of the reading, Seppun-sama, but if you wish to share your thoughts or your duck, I would be honored to receive either." he said i all seriousness.

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:22 pm

Unsei shook their head. "No, no, it's good for you to interpret them as you rolled them. What they show is really for you, I just read them as best I can for you. So, you will always be the best at reading for your own rolls. And as I said, I can't quite give you too much more insight without knowing the details, which you already said you won't give so what I've offered is the best I can. We can try again, perhaps with a more in depth spread?"

"Of course, if you wish to pet my duck, that is fine. He's a sweet thing and likely wouldn't mind the pets."

Kitsu Tsugumasa

Post by Kitsu Tsugumasa » Sat Aug 21, 2021 8:09 am

Seppun Unsei wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:22 pm
Unsei shook their head. "No, no, it's good for you to interpret them as you rolled them. What they show is really for you, I just read them as best I can for you. So, you will always be the best at reading for your own rolls. And as I said, I can't quite give you too much more insight without knowing the details, which you already said you won't give so what I've offered is the best I can. We can try again, perhaps with a more in depth spread?"

"Of course, if you wish to pet my duck, that is fine. He's a sweet thing and likely wouldn't mind the pets."
The Kitsu very carefully pet the duck as he considered the Seppun's offer.

"I would be honored if you would be willing to share your talents with a more in depth spread, Seppun-san. Knowledge is a wonderful gift, and more is always welcome." he said, respectfully grateful.

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Sat Aug 21, 2021 1:50 pm

Kitsu Tsugumasa wrote:
Sat Aug 21, 2021 8:09 am
The Kitsu very carefully pet the duck as he considered the Seppun's offer.

"I would be honored if you would be willing to share your talents with a more in depth spread, Seppun-san. Knowledge is a wonderful gift, and more is always welcome." he said, respectfully grateful.
They nodded as they set all their dice back up. Then they looked at the Kitsu with an arched brow. "What of your knowledges and talents? Being a Kitsu of such high regard must mean that you have some considerable abilities."

The duckling was happy and settled down on the table during the pets.

Kitsu Tsugumasa

Post by Kitsu Tsugumasa » Sat Aug 21, 2021 4:32 pm

Seppun Unsei wrote:
Sat Aug 21, 2021 1:50 pm
Words!
Tsgumasa inclined his head.

"All that I have and can do is thanks to my sensei who helped me understand both my connection to the Heavens and myself. My training deals mostly with historical research with an emphasis in ancestry. There are many battles throughout history, and it's important to make sure that each life lost is properly remembered. This can prove a true challenge when it comes to ronin, as I'm sure you can understand." he explained. "It's...not a glorious duty, but an important one." in this he was at least a bit more confident.