Cedar trees, oak swords (D6 MA, Expecting)

Walking paths thread their way through flower and tree
Suzume Senseki

Re: Cedar trees, oak swords (D6 MA, Expecting)

Post by Suzume Senseki » Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:36 pm

Mirumoto Haruhi wrote:
Thu Aug 19, 2021 7:42 pm
Harushi snort at that.

"You're going to make me choose but one, Suzume-san? Such cruel austerity. The story of Kakita and Mirumoto Hojatsu, then. Probably the most popular story of dueling, just ahead of Kakita and Matsu. Both very important stories for very different reasons." she offered.

"And yourself, Suzume-san?"
Another soft chuckle. "I suppose asking for just one makes it a bit too hard!", he concedes, following it with a nod. "But so... one of the classics, then, ne? That is an inspiring one, indeed." He then seems to look up and think for a moment. "But... Mirumoto-sama meant their first meeting, or the second one?", he then adds. "Or... well, both?"

With another smile, he adds. "But for me... I tend to like stories of minor personages, too... but for my favourite, I think I would also go with one of Mirumoto Hojatsu's stories - but that of himself vs the clanless Ujimona. That Hojatsu-sama would recognise Ujimona as the superior duelist in skill, but still best him... because he knew of his victory - that is one story I find particularly inspiring. Both for its... mystery, I suppose, but also because it casts light on... something."

He looks down for a while, thoughtful again, then smiles at her. "I... don't quite know what the lesson is exactly, or how to put it. Very Dragon-like, I suppose!", he says with a grin. "But... I feel it's something often forgotten. Perhaps... 'success is not closed off to the least favoured, if it's their path to achieve it'?" He looks at her with a somewhat shy smile, then at the ground again. "Or something like that... I'm not entirely sure, but I feel there's an important lesson there!"
Sparrow Clan * Woodsman * Herbalist * Wicker hat * Disheveled hair * Clothes never fully clean
Not a penny to his name * A simple life is a good life * Life is sacred * The truth is always simple

Carries: Common clothes, Wicker hat, Daisho, Knife, Sling, Daisho (as allowed), Medicine Kit, Pillow books.
In the field: Ashigaru armour, Wicker hat, Daisho, Sling, Knife, Bo, Hunting Yari, Travelling pack, Rations, Pillow books.

Mirumoto Haruhi

Post by Mirumoto Haruhi » Fri Aug 20, 2021 2:32 am

Harushi nods.

"You don't have to have perfect understanding of a thing in order to enjoy it on a level perhaps you don't even understand." she offered. "Definitely something to keeep in mind if you ever visit Dragon lands. Sometimes you just have to move forward and wait for the pieces to fall into place."

She smiled a bit, not looking to closely at the Sparrow.

"Even at a miai, ne? You might see someone, and not fully understand the importance of seeing them right away,ne?"
Dragon Clan * Duelist * Miai Candidate

"Shall we continue Kakita and Mirumoto's conversation then?"

Suzume Senseki

Post by Suzume Senseki » Sat Aug 21, 2021 5:26 pm

Mirumoto Haruhi wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 2:32 am
Harushi nods.

"You don't have to have perfect understanding of a thing in order to enjoy it on a level perhaps you don't even understand." she offered. "Definitely something to keeep in mind if you ever visit Dragon lands. Sometimes you just have to move forward and wait for the pieces to fall into place."

She smiled a bit, not looking to closely at the Sparrow.

"Even at a miai, ne? You might see someone, and not fully understand the importance of seeing them right away,ne?"
The Sparrow keeps silent as he hears her answer, his face adorned by a serene smile that widens gradually as she speaks. After her last words, his eyes, that had been set on the cedar trees again, shift to Haruhi for a moment, and he nods.

"Un", he says simply, his smile gaining a slightly warm tint. "Wise words", he says, nodding again. "Thank you kindly for this conversation, Mirumoto-sama", he adds, and soon looks away, his eyes shifting from the trees to the flowers around and back.

"Maybe... we could meet again? I would be happy to see you - eh - see and learn from your style, I mean", he says, smiling, but still not quite looking at her. "At the Dojo, maybe? Or here... it is a most pleasant place, as Mirumoto-sama said, ne?", he adds, smiling again and, this time, shifting his eyes to the Dragon again for a while.
Sparrow Clan * Woodsman * Herbalist * Wicker hat * Disheveled hair * Clothes never fully clean
Not a penny to his name * A simple life is a good life * Life is sacred * The truth is always simple

Carries: Common clothes, Wicker hat, Daisho, Knife, Sling, Daisho (as allowed), Medicine Kit, Pillow books.
In the field: Ashigaru armour, Wicker hat, Daisho, Sling, Knife, Bo, Hunting Yari, Travelling pack, Rations, Pillow books.