[D6, LM] Who Cares if it's Wet when it's this Hot? (Open)

Walking paths thread their way through flower and tree
Shosuro Hikimasu

Re: [D6, LM] Who Cares if it's Wet when it's this Hot? (Open)

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:06 pm

He wanted to face palm. He managed not to. It wasn't even hearing her obvious want for another over him, he had only met her a limited time, and dashing with a side of charm he was not. People have to realize they like someone such as him, it's never so easy or simple.

Regardless, that changed nothing about the actual situation.

"You are being manipulated...take it from a Scorpion on the outside of the situation." He said, trying to hide his eyes under his umbrella. He wasn't sure if they would give away his embarrassment. Shosuro-kun? Did she just say we've gotten closer? Now i'm actually confused. "Though, if you can see the danger...erm...Utaku-kun, then do your best. I'm not sure how I can help, but if you need something I will answer your call."

Should I have said Utaku-chan? I'll wait until she laughs or asks for it.
Shosuro Hikimasu
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Soldier • Dead Fish Eyes • Friend of Yūdaina

Honor: 41 Status: 35 Glory: 44
Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description
"Fulfillment is just another form of arrogance."

Utaku Kheree

Post by Utaku Kheree » Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:44 pm

Shosuro Hikimasu wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:06 pm
He wanted to face palm. He managed not to. It wasn't even hearing her obvious want for another over him, he had only met her a limited time, and dashing with a side of charm he was not. People have to realize they like someone such as him, it's never so easy or simple.

Regardless, that changed nothing about the actual situation.

"You are being manipulated...take it from a Scorpion on the outside of the situation." He said, trying to hide his eyes under his umbrella. He wasn't sure if they would give away his embarrassment. Shosuro-kun? Did she just say we've gotten closer? Now i'm actually confused. "Though, if you can see the danger...erm...Utaku-kun, then do your best. I'm not sure how I can help, but if you need something I will answer your call."

Should I have said Utaku-chan? I'll wait until she laughs or asks for it.
She sighs and has to resist the urge to crack a bit. " I..you are a scorpion you know how a trap works and how not entering it is harder if its one with a bait, instead of one that is hidden. I am not a rabbit in a snare. And , thank you, you have so far been helpfull at this Mia and, well make me feel that I can trust you , its .. " she makes a strangled frustrated noise. "It was not quite the mia plan that I had."
Cat Unicorn • Female • Bushi-Sage • Dangerous Alure,Haunted Flirt,
Honor: 56 • Glory: 57 • Status: 30 • Courtship Points: 23
Carries: Raven,Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Scimitar inlaid with a red jewel in the hilt.

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:52 pm

Somewhere deep within him, he felt his inner Scorpion cheer at an admission of trust.

The real Hikimasu gulped, and was glad he wore a red mask and had dead eyes.

In the distance, he thought he heard a horse whinny, but that was likely his imagination.

"I think expectations are for people who don't bother with the truth", he said. "I hope that even if it has been unexpected, that... you aren't disappointed."
Shosuro Hikimasu

Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description

Utaku Kheree

Post by Utaku Kheree » Wed Aug 18, 2021 7:13 pm

Shosuro Hikimasu wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:52 pm
Somewhere deep within him, he felt his inner Scorpion cheer at an admission of trust.

The real Hikimasu gulped, and was glad he wore a red mask and had dead eyes.

In the distance, he thought he heard a horse whinny, but that was likely his imagination.

"I think expectations are for people who don't bother with the truth", he said. "I hope that even if it has been unexpected, that... you aren't disappointed."
"I confess that I had hoped for more being struck by love like a lightnings flash , and .. there is a bit of a feel like I am further adrift then others . Maybe it is because of everyone being so focused and finding easier connections. And it is not .. disappointment , as I would say I like many things here so far." She nods at him, and her raven moves over and coos at him. " but it is .. if you find a pretty flower and a beautifull sunset, but not something that you lost while riding, or finding nothing to hunt for."
Carries: Raven,Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Scimitar inlaid with a red jewel in the hilt.

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Wed Aug 18, 2021 7:22 pm

His mask shifted slightly. Either frowning or his lip quirked.

"Something my uncle told me once is that he learned caring for others, truly doing it, is a choice", he said. "You might chase something pretty, you might hunt a scent, these are instincts. Though reliable at times... you often find the need for the next chase." He looked up at the bird, the sides of his mask rose... smiling? "I want to pick my happiness if I can, instead of hoping to catch something that might not live up to the effort of the chase."
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Utaku Kheree

Post by Utaku Kheree » Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:12 pm

Shosuro Hikimasu wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 7:22 pm
His mask shifted slightly. Either frowning or his lip quirked.

"Something my uncle told me once is that he learned caring for others, truly doing it, is a choice", he said. "You might chase something pretty, you might hunt a scent, these are instincts. Though reliable at times... you often find the need for the next chase." He looked up at the bird, the sides of his mask rose... smiling? "I want to pick my happiness if I can, instead of hoping to catch something that might not live up to the effort of the chase."
She nods after a moment. "it is the ..thrill of the hunt in a way that still grabs me, and so I am also unsure if I would be a good partner. Or one that might be better served if both of us knew of my ... tendencies. Because , being in love , and then straying out of it would be a worse action then ... confessing about it at the start?
You know its like .." she thinks for a moment. "Do the scorpions know the issue , of course they know it but, if one has desires that are not inclined to heirs but still one marries for them?"

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:30 pm

He thought about it a long while, the rain pattered on. He looked at the bird again.

Honestly, Hikimasu couldn't decide if Kheree knew what she was really saying. Settling for someone to have children wasn't necessary. She could adopt, she could have a child with relations of her spouse to fulfill the pact of bloodlines marriage often is. Or was it simply she was standing in the rain after some bizarre experiences, confused as to what she really wanted, and was talking about it with a man who she couldn't decide how to treat?

He looked back at her, meeting her eyes. He felt terrible doing it, but he felt it might make an impression as he spoke.

"Young hunters are cocky, they make excuses for the wrong thing they know they'll do", Hikimasu said. "If you're concerned, it means you're already growing. If you're struggling, it means you already care enough about others and your circumstances to do good things."
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Utaku Kheree

Post by Utaku Kheree » Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:59 pm

Shosuro Hikimasu wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:30 pm
He thought about it a long while, the rain pattered on. He looked at the bird again.

Honestly, Hikimasu couldn't decide if Kheree knew what she was really saying. Settling for someone to have children wasn't necessary. She could adopt, she could have a child with relations of her spouse to fulfill the pact of bloodlines marriage often is. Or was it simply she was standing in the rain after some bizarre experiences, confused as to what she really wanted, and was talking about it with a man who she couldn't decide how to treat?

He looked back at her, meeting her eyes. He felt terrible doing it, but he felt it might make an impression as he spoke.

"Young hunters are cocky, they make excuses for the wrong thing they know they'll do", Hikimasu said. "If you're concerned, it means you're already growing. If you're struggling, it means you already care enough about others and your circumstances to do good things."
She nods as she hears his words, clearly following and liking them by the way that her head moves like her bird.
"And yet its... I mean we both know how accepted it is to act on such , wants to hunt elsewhere, but ....If I am a huntress I would not wish to think my spouse that I am a ..." she thinks for a moment and then utters " A farmer. Excuse my choice of words there. "
she sighs and you can see her finger dig into her palm .
"If I am unfaithfull, i would do so if my spouse knew it before we married and undersstood that, but I also want someone that _cares_ for me . I am eating my desert and also want to keep it and .." she makes a confused and angry noise.

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:10 pm

He listened calmly and honestly, he wanted to give her a hug or something. That wasn't his place, however. He thought about it a little more, not that he was happy to hear all that, but no...perhaps he was. Again, the Scorpion inside him enjoyed it all on a sinister level, but he wasn't hungry for that.

He took a last step forward, he was standing directly in front of her now.

"You realize that if someone were to say that to you", he said. "That if someone told you they would allow you do roam free and do as you please...if they were a good spouse, they would stand by it." The Scorpion wanted to do something in that moment, but what? She was frustrated, perhaps a little sad, mad at herself, ashamed probably. He couldn't relent though, not really. Not yet anyway. "And I don't know anyone who would ever truly be happy that way, and...from what I see of your face, even rain soaked, I see on your face, in your eyes, someone who would hate themselves just as much as they enjoyed the moments they took."

He held his umbrella over her as well.

"Utaku-chan", he said trying to hold his voice steady, testing that out despite telling himself to wait earlier. "You'll find out what you really want to do in love if you stay strong. If you want help...", he looked down, he felt he should take her hand, maybe. Though he wanted to comfort her, not confuse her further. "I can do my best. It's not much, but I'd be honored."
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Utaku Kheree

Post by Utaku Kheree » Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:40 pm

Shosuro Hikimasu wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:10 pm
He listened calmly and honestly, he wanted to give her a hug or something. That wasn't his place, however. He thought about it a little more, not that he was happy to hear all that, but no...perhaps he was. Again, the Scorpion inside him enjoyed it all on a sinister level, but he wasn't hungry for that.

He took a last step forward, he was standing directly in front of her now.

"You realize that if someone were to say that to you", he said. "That if someone told you they would allow you do roam free and do as you please...if they were a good spouse, they would stand by it." The Scorpion wanted to do something in that moment, but what? She was frustrated, perhaps a little sad, mad at herself, ashamed probably. He couldn't relent though, not really. Not yet anyway. "And I don't know anyone who would ever truly be happy that way, and...from what I see of your face, even rain soaked, I see on your face, in your eyes, someone who would hate themselves just as much as they enjoyed the moments they took."

He held his umbrella over her as well.

"Utaku-chan", he said trying to hold his voice steady, testing that out despite telling himself to wait earlier. "You'll find out what you really want to do in love if you stay strong. If you want help...", he looked down, he felt he should take her hand, maybe. Though he wanted to comfort her, not confuse her further. "I can do my best. It's not much, but I'd be honored."
She looks unsure at him and then nodded , reaching out a hand towards him unsure as she stepped under the umbrella and then stretched out a hand towards him, fighting with her words and then just nodded and touched his arm, unsure how far she should go because she could feel safety from him. And someone that stood by hger as she was in a crisis , and yet she was unsure what to do.
And then with a deep breath she gave him a hug, closer to a warriors then a lovers.