A Sparrow in the garden (D5 MA, Open)

Walking paths thread their way through flower and tree
Suzume Senseki

Re: A Sparrow in the garden (D5 MA, Open)

Post by Suzume Senseki » Tue Aug 17, 2021 3:45 am

Otomo Akimoro wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 3:02 am
Akimoro shrugs.

"No worse than a dozen other clashes since the return of the Unicorn," opines the Otomo, "and likely just as easily solved once the bravado and posturing is settled and cooler heads can step in. Mind you, the current proposal of effectively merging the Shinjo and Ikoma families is a bit...unusual, but I'm sure in the end we'll find a more reasonable approach. That's part of why I'm here, in fact - not just seeking personal partnership, but learning what I can of the Deer clan's techniques of smoothing over the roughest situations. Perhaps something of their style might be what the negotiations need."
The Suzume nods, seemingly pleased at the Otomo's apparent commitment to a peaceful solution, his trembling now more or less subsided. A furrow in his brow suggests he's not entirely sure about exactly the approach the Imperial hopes to learn about among the Deer would be.

"Ah... I hadn't heard of that proposal! Merging the families?" He seems to ponder. "So... the Ikoma would cease to exist and become Shinjo, then?"

Some more thinking, then a slight shake of his head that seems to suggest he's given up on figuring that out. "But then... you have hope that the Shika's matchmaking expertise might help clear things up, then, ne?", he asks with a smile - whether pleased or nervous is not entirely clear.
Sparrow Clan * Woodsman * Herbalist * Wicker hat * Disheveled hair * Clothes never fully clean
Not a penny to his name * A simple life is a good life * Life is sacred * The truth is always simple

Carries: Common clothes, Wicker hat, Daisho, Knife, Sling, Daisho (as allowed), Medicine Kit, Pillow books.
In the field: Ashigaru armour, Wicker hat, Daisho, Sling, Knife, Bo, Hunting Yari, Travelling pack, Rations, Pillow books.