[D5, EA, expecting] Just a modest stroll

Walking paths thread their way through flower and tree
Matsu Ishioka

[D5, EA, expecting] Just a modest stroll

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Sat Aug 14, 2021 4:19 am

With a fair amount of effort, Ishioka had acquired an umbrella more suitable to a samurai of above average size. It could reasonably be considered an appropriate size for two people to share, so long as they were careful as they walked. And the tall Lion, starting to tire of the rain's impact on his activities, was quite happy to have this new umbrella. That's why he seemed to be smiling, and slightly glowing, of course. Not that he was meeting anyone special.
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Honor: 61 | Glory: 51 | Status: 35
Courtship points: check courtship tracker.
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Usogawa Narumi

Re: [D5, EA, expecting] Just a modest stroll

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Sat Aug 14, 2021 4:40 am

Carrying her own regular sized umbrella came Narumi, without a troubled care about the rain at all. She seemed to be in excellent spirits, despite the weather.
"Matsu-san," she speaks his name to get his attention when she's close enough, and stops a personable distance from him, her own umbrella tipping up slightly to see him better.
Otter clan • Subtle Observer, Cynic • romantic but shady • apprentice nakodo
Glory 40 | Honor 27 | Status 22 | Description | Courtship Points 22

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.
D10+: A netsuke of a tanuki appears hooked over her obi at her left hip.
Also D10+: sports a split lower lip.
D12+: bruising across the back of both hands

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Sat Aug 14, 2021 4:50 am

Ishioka turns slightly toward her, his smile restrained but still noticeable, and he bows his head slowly in respect. He takes a step closer. "Usogawa-san, it is lovely to see you," he says. "And it seems a lovely time for a stroll, don't you think?" Whether the question is serious or sarcastic, there's a notable enthusiasm in the Lion's voice.
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Sat Aug 14, 2021 4:58 am

He steps forward and she meets it, her smile turning into a decided smirk of her lips up at him.
"I dont know, I find weather like this romantic." Her gaze met his and held steady.

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Sat Aug 14, 2021 5:12 am

"Surely the best way to see it," he says agreeably. He raises the edge of his umbrella to overlap hers just slightly, giving her a small smirk.
Description

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Sat Aug 14, 2021 12:01 pm

"And besides, further time spent in your presence is a pleasure, as well," she took the opportunity to take another step closer again, tilting her umbrella back so she's nearly standing solely under his. In fact, her umbrella is held on such an angle the pair are largely obscured from view- at least on one side- from any onlookers.

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Sat Aug 14, 2021 6:07 pm

"Usogawa-san is too kind, though I cannot deny I'm pleased by her words," he says, voice turning a little breathy already. She can hear him exhale, rolling his broad shoulders back a little to relax.

"I regret that I didn't bring a gift for Usogawa-san, whose company is such a pleasant gift of its own," he says, turning slightly to be standing more to her side, and closer. He looks through the rain at the garden and breathes deeply. Then he turns his head to the Otter and gives a small, warm smile.
Description

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Sun Aug 15, 2021 1:34 am

Once realizing she's pretty much ended up under his umbrella and her own has become moot, she closes hers up. "That's better, hm? Besides, you've already given me the gift of your time, and I'm immeasurably thankful for it. However might I repay you?"
His smile down to her is returned with a mischievous one of her own.

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Sun Aug 15, 2021 2:18 am

"Perhaps we should stroll a bit, to help us think creatively? I would hate for either of us to decide that spending time together isn't worthwhile." He smiles at her again, although the smile had hardly moved from his face. "Come," he says, starting slowly along one of the garden paths.

After a few steps, the Matsu says softly, "I am not always good at trying new things. But I'm trying to be more, ah... adventurous here. For the sake of the miai, you know."
Description

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Sun Aug 15, 2021 2:34 am

His pace is matched and she stays close, all the better to keep dry from the rain.
"Are you adventurous ...or are you perpetually uncomfortable? I'll let you in on a secret, Matsu-san. I don't like trying new things either. No, that's not right. New ideas. I have to be thoroughly convinced. I'm far from what you would call 'innovative,' I guess. My aunt, she made it pretty clear that thinking outside the box was not something of value.
I'd hate for you to be uncomfortable for my sake, just because you want to stretch outside your comfort zone."