(D3, ME) Play... in the Rain

Walking paths thread their way through flower and tree
Kitsu Murato

Re: (D3, ME) Play... in the Rain

Post by Kitsu Murato » Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:22 am

"The most exciting kind of course. I handle resource allocation and supply requisition for the head of the castle. Just the paperwork mind you, not the actual decisions. The decision making is the easy part so they leave the complicated stuff to me," he say with a facetious smirk.
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Kitsuki Hajime

Post by Kitsuki Hajime » Sun Aug 08, 2021 4:34 am

Hajime returned the smirk with one of his own. "Kitsu-sama's shoulders are broad and mighty to carry so much responsibility." He sighed, becoming just a bit more serious. "I wish my lord had as much faith in me as Kitsu-sama's lord has in him. I am skilled enough to be a mascot for the Dragon delegation to Winter Court, but I mostly write to impress my lord's guests or to try to get him an invitation somewhere warmer for winter."

He turned to look back at Murato. "Not that I mean to complain, you understand. I would be a wonderful asset as a spouse, and am sure to find my skills and qualities would be of value to any husband or wife. I have been strongly encouraged to inform others of this fact."

He nodded once, firmly, to punctuate that point. Clearly someone had made exactly that same gesture when giving him his marching orders.
* Dragon Clan * Courtier * Dangerous Allure * Fashion-conscious * Preening * Striking a Pose * Inquisitive *

Courtship Points: 17 Honor: 52 Glory: 44 Status: 30

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Sun Aug 08, 2021 5:07 am

"Thank you for your kind words, but I also must admit that the bard school does not generally produce bureaucrats at such early stages of training. Sometimes I feel like my lord simply does not want me out and about doing what we usually do. Impressing guests and socializing with other clans sounds more important from the perspective of someone used to filing paperwork honestly," he admits, tilting his head.

"And I have no doubt that you will make a wonderful husband to someone. I've read many wonderful pillow books depicting love in it's many forms. But I must honestly admit I tend towards more traditional preferences. The thought draws my imagination from time to time, but I honestly feel like if I were to end up with a husband it would leave my partner unhappy."
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Kitsuki Hajime

Post by Kitsuki Hajime » Sun Aug 08, 2021 1:23 pm

Hajime chuckled. "And so the search continues. Much to my cost, of course. I hope that my clumsy compliments have not upset you. If they have, you have been very gracious." A pause. "It's just that one can never quite be sure who is in which camp. I mean, it does not take an Asako to read the signs on me, but it seems that at a miai every stray compliment is charged with hope. It makes it difficult to have a pleasant conversation! Which, of course, is what I very much hope that we were having, Kitsu-sama. If we would make each other unhappy as lovers, then perhaps a friendship would not be out of the question?"
* Dragon Clan * Courtier * Dangerous Allure * Fashion-conscious * Preening * Striking a Pose * Inquisitive *

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Sun Aug 08, 2021 1:32 pm

"We absolutely are having a pleasant conversation, and I am quite flattered that a poet such as yourself sees such worth in myself. Do not take it as a sign that I don't think you lovely and attractive. I simply have an internal drive for a different sort of marriage," he replied, implying that he didn't have the same concern for all relationships in general.

Kitsuki Hajime

Post by Kitsuki Hajime » Sun Aug 08, 2021 1:43 pm

Hajime found the color rising in his cheeks. "Kitsu-sama is, I think, not the only one with such an outlook. Shika Nesshin is also very honest in his appraisals, but then I see him bearing love tokens on the first day of the miai and it leads one to wonder whether one is rather playing with fire." He smiled. "Not that I am complaining, of course. It is always nice to hear that others find one attractive. I just hope there is a man here who thinks about marriage more as I do."

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Sun Aug 08, 2021 1:57 pm

"I hope that for you as well. And if the deer saw fit to arrange such a thing, I would certainly do my utmost to make the most of it. But exchanging tokens... I've not done that. Just some pleasant and encouraging conversations," he replied. "I may be as flirtatious or complimentary as him, but the letter earlier... I don't think I would be so bold," he says with a chuckle.

Kitsuki Hajime

Post by Kitsuki Hajime » Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:37 pm

"Nor I," Hajime agreed solemnly. "Although it is a bit exciting to contemplate." He shook his head. "But I should hate to be embarrassed, I think. Perhaps Kitsu-sama will tell me if he has met anyone that he has his eye on, marriage-wise?"

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Sun Aug 08, 2021 4:13 pm

"I am mostly still getting to know many of the women here," he says. "But I have found commonalities with some like a shared enjoyment for music with Usogawa Emiko, and a penchant for helping others with Kaito Oubaihime, and an enjoyment for sake with Kuni Yasu. Among other ladies and interests. What of yourself? I do hope you've found others with similar preferences to yourself?"

Kitsuki Hajime

Post by Kitsuki Hajime » Sun Aug 08, 2021 4:21 pm

"I am not...completely...sure." Hajime looked a little exasperated. "Not everyone is as obviously inclined as I am. Certainly Kakita Akihiro was very complimentary, but that might mean nothing at all. Shika Nesshin, again, possibly, but then I learn he is rather free with his observations. Kitsu Moshumaru and I were having a rather pleasant conversation, but there was little in it that immediately suggested an interest."

He sighed. "It could be that I am the only one, I suppose. But I hope not."