(D3LM) Oh what a beautiful morning (open)

Walking paths thread their way through flower and tree
Agasha Inoshishi

Re: (D3LM) Oh what a beautiful morning (open)

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Thu Aug 12, 2021 3:55 pm

Inoshishi listens raptly the entire time, an amazing audience even if just the one person. She sits cross-legged, out of the rain, oooing, exclaiming and otherwise being a person you wouldn’t want to sit next to at a movie theater. Still, she’s on topic. By the end of the story, her eyes are bright with unshed tears and she sighs, longingly.

“Love stories are my favorite. Such passion, such devotion, such tragedy. I know I’m destined to be in such a circumstance, pulled between duty and devotion, heart and mind, my lord and my love.”

She sighs, not in sadness but in contentment, then stirs herself a little. “I’ve always felt that if I could be. Arrived to someone that wants a partner, a friend, a confidante, but not to have someone’s heart, that perhaps I could forestall that tragic end. Though I suppose in this case, they did have each other and also their duty.”

In this moment, she looks very young, the innocence of obsession with the idea of love highlighting how much more she has to learn. She stands, gazing speculatively at the star-covered Seppun.

“I’ve heard sages know the stars, are you such a sage? You seem a bit young to be a sage, but I’ve also never really met a sage?”
Dragon * Chronicler * Too Thin * smells like mochi * fireworks
Starting day 5, Shichi charm with braided ribbon, yellows, greens, and a red
Starting day 6, LE has weirdly mottled hands, all colored in browns and yellows, as if her skin had changed color. (fading D10, gone d13)
Starting day 9, LA, has ink stains on fingers. (gone d11)
Starting D13, new bracelet
Honor is the ideal. Unremarkable Retainer. Average Samurai

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Thu Aug 12, 2021 5:15 pm

Unsei tilted their head to the side. "Cursed lineage or something then? But, then again, it sounds like you're just like everybody else. We all try to balance our life between our duties and our wants. It usually doesn't work out though and that's where the tragedy strikes." They nodded like it was some sage wisdom, but it really wasn't.

Then they shrugged. "I'm sure you'll be able to find someone like that. It's especially easy since..." They gestured around. "We're at a miai. The chances of finding love are slim, but you might find someone who will care about you as a friend, while they go off and have an affair with someone they have feelings for. Such is life and why we've got such a massive system built around having affairs."

When it came to the last question, they seemed a bit confused. "Oh, uh? A sage? Me? No, not really. I'm just an astrologer that studies and follows the wisdom of the stars."
Imperial ❀ Shugenja ❀ Professional Dumbass ❀ Benten's Curse ❀ Sixth Sense ❀ Affect of Harmlessness
Glory: Reputable Status: Average Imperial Honor: Average Profile!
Carries: Fan, smol knife, wakizashi, finger of jade, divination kit!

Wears: Unsei often is seen wearing star-covered robes in shades of black, dark blues, and gold. In the center of their forehead is a small birthmark in the shape of a diamond/star, and they always wear a hat with a short veil and tassels on it. Their hair is kept in a long ponytail that reaches down to their ankles.

"You might've heard of me. I was the Imperial that broke their toe falling out of a tree at Shiro Kuni."

Agasha Inoshishi

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Thu Aug 12, 2021 7:43 pm

“‘Just’ an astrologer does you a disservice, Seppun-sama. One doesn’t meet many that are so young and yet so knowledgeable about the stars! As to my destiny, I do t see it as a curse. It’s an important role to fill, after all. Only so many stories last and I know mine will last as long as the Hantei reign!”

Her eyes are earnest as she talks, but this seems like a lofty goal for one so young and unimportant.

“I suppose it’s true about the affairs. It is how we divide our self and our duty, working towards one without impinging on the other.”

Her mind darts and she’s off on another subject.

“But Seppun-sama, I have been negligent! We are at a Miai after all. Do you have any that you would favor with the Imperial colors? Or are you spectating? Or do the stars tell you simply to wait?”
Starting day 6, LE has weirdly mottled hands, all colored in browns and yellows, as if her skin had changed color. (fading D10, gone d13)

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Fri Aug 13, 2021 12:12 am

Unsei gave her a bit of a look when she said she would have such a long and important story, but then shrugged. Who were they to say what others did with their stories and what they thought might happen?

"Affairs are easy and great for if one wants a quick little thing, or even longer. Once knew a widowed Scorpion and a Daidoji who had a child out of wedlock and so was in a very unhappy marriage because the wife was not happy he had a bastard. Since marriage was so far out of the question for both of them, they just had a really, really long affair. They probably were in love, as they visited each other quite often. But, still classified as an affair since the Crane was married." Then they blinked.

They blinked several times.

"Me? Ah. I'm cursed by Benten-no-kami so... I'm not really actively engaging in all of this. I'm just trying to get some sex. I've got my eyes on a few people for maybe more, but... cursed and all so I'm not trying to get close to them because I would still like to maybe be friends. What of you though?"
Imperial ❀ Shugenja ❀ Professional Dumbass ❀ Benten's Curse ❀ Sixth Sense ❀ Affect of Harmlessness

Wears: Unsei often is seen wearing star-covered robes in shades of black, dark blues, and gold. In the center of their forehead is a small birthmark in the shape of a diamond/star, and they always wear a hat with a short veil and tassels on it. Their hair is kept in a long ponytail that reaches down to their ankles.

"You might've heard of me. I was the Imperial that broke their toe falling out of a tree at Shiro Kuni."

Agasha Inoshishi

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Fri Aug 13, 2021 12:41 am

Seppun Unsei wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 12:12 am
"Me? Ah. I'm cursed by Benten-no-kami so... I'm not really actively engaging in all of this. I'm just trying to get some sex. I've got my eyes on a few people for maybe more, but... cursed and all so I'm not trying to get close to them because I would still like to maybe be friends. What of you though?"
Inoshishi giggles at the forthrightness. “Well sex is fairly easily had here, if you’re just going for the sensation and release. And That’s easy enough, even for scrawny mushroom addicts, in fact, I’m surprised we aren’t doing that right now! Not really, I find being watched by a Deer in a blind much stranger than watching for deers IN a blind. And I’m pretty sure they’d watch now.”

She tilts her head at the rest of the statement. “Why not do as I am doing? Look for an attractive, intelligent friend with whom sireing appropriate children won’t be a problem (or adopting, whichever) and then carry on an affair? Or a string of affairs if you don’t want to get romantically involved. Or just follow your partner to their affair, perhaps you can join in. Either way, just because you’re married doesn’t mean you can’t be just friends. Who occasionally have sex!”

Her voice accidentally takes on some peasant overtones, since most embarrassingly frank stories were told to her by peasants.

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Fri Aug 13, 2021 1:06 am

Agasha Inoshishi wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 12:41 am
Inoshishi giggles at the forthrightness. “Well sex is fairly easily had here, if you’re just going for the sensation and release. And That’s easy enough, even for scrawny mushroom addicts, in fact, I’m surprised we aren’t doing that right now! Not really, I find being watched by a Deer in a blind much stranger than watching for deers IN a blind. And I’m pretty sure they’d watch now.”

She tilts her head at the rest of the statement. “Why not do as I am doing? Look for an attractive, intelligent friend with whom sireing appropriate children won’t be a problem (or adopting, whichever) and then carry on an affair? Or a string of affairs if you don’t want to get romantically involved. Or just follow your partner to their affair, perhaps you can join in. Either way, just because you’re married doesn’t mean you can’t be just friends. Who occasionally have sex!”

Her voice accidentally takes on some peasant overtones, since most embarrassingly frank stories were told to her by peasants.
"Sounds as if you're asking for a friend with benefits that you end up marrying. Love not being part of the equation, but sometimes even finding friends to marry can be difficult. Or at least becoming friends over time. However, I do hope it goes well for you. It's a common... theme? I don't think that's the right word, but yeah. It is common enough. Each spouse knows about the affairs and what not, but they don't care and just still have sex and babies. Or they ignore the affairs, or asks their spouse to keep them a bit more private. Jealousy is a very common emotion for people so." They shrugged.

"I'm not sure where I was going with that to be honest. But yes, sex is easy enough to get here. It's like everyone is trying to get that last little bit they can get before the well dries up, which is weird, because... affairs."

Agasha Inoshishi

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Fri Aug 13, 2021 1:17 am

Seppun Unsei wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 1:06 am

"Sounds as if you're asking for a friend with benefits that you end up marrying. Love not being part of the equation, but sometimes even finding friends to marry can be difficult. Or at least becoming friends over time. However, I do hope it goes well for you. It's a common... theme? I don't think that's the right word, but yeah. It is common enough. Each spouse knows about the affairs and what not, but they don't care and just still have sex and babies. Or they ignore the affairs, or asks their spouse to keep them a bit more private. Jealousy is a very common emotion for people so." They shrugged.

"I'm not sure where I was going with that to be honest. But yes, sex is easy enough to get here. It's like everyone is trying to get that last little bit they can get before the well dries up, which is weird, because... affairs."
Inoshishi smiles with a shrug. “Effectively, yes. Despite all they may say about such things, many still desire a mate that will be their everything.” She shrugs again. “Then they will be jealous when their spouse has an affair while jealously guarding their own time with their lovers. And then make as if to strike if someone suggests perhaps they do it from desire. It all seems so…tiring. If you go into your life with open eyes, you will see dishonorable things. But at least you will know the shape of the world. I find jealousy to be pointless. The great stories that include jealousy end up in a pointless duel. So boring, such a waste.”

She cocks her head.

“I’m glad to meet a fellow pragmatist. Perhaps we can be friends, if it’s not too forward a thing to ask.” She laughs. “I suppose we’ve left forwardness about a minute in the past, haven’t we, Seppun-sama?”

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Fri Aug 13, 2021 1:42 am

Agasha Inoshishi wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 1:17 am
Inoshishi smiles with a shrug. “Effectively, yes. Despite all they may say about such things, many still desire a mate that will be their everything.” She shrugs again. “Then they will be jealous when their spouse has an affair while jealously guarding their own time with their lovers. And then make as if to strike if someone suggests perhaps they do it from desire. It all seems so…tiring. If you go into your life with open eyes, you will see dishonorable things. But at least you will know the shape of the world. I find jealousy to be pointless. The great stories that include jealousy end up in a pointless duel. So boring, such a waste.”

She cocks her head.

“I’m glad to meet a fellow pragmatist. Perhaps we can be friends, if it’s not too forward a thing to ask.” She laughs. “I suppose we’ve left forwardness about a minute in the past, haven’t we, Seppun-sama?”
"I don't know if I'd consider myself a pragmatist. Maybe a forced one? But I've always known love wouldn't be able to be in my life, so I've been forced to go about it another way. However, sex... won't really fill an empty heart." They shrugged. "At least in my case. Love is something I still yearn for even though I know I can't have it. Which is hilarious given that I do have sex and yet I don't really... care about it much. It's fun, but I've never really wanted to sleep with anybody actively. So the one thing I want, I can't have and the one thing I don't really care about is what I can get." They gave yet another shrug.

"Such is life though. However, I don't mind being friends with you. I like making friends with others so making more is definitely always a plus in my book."

Agasha Inoshishi

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Fri Aug 13, 2021 2:52 am

Inoshishi’s eyes echo the sadness expressed by the Seppun.

“That sounds absolutely tragic. May I have your permission to record your story over this Miai, Seppun-sama? I see in it the echoes of many patterns and may be able to discern other patterns and pieces of the future from your story. It doesn’t make what you experience easier, but perhaps some good could come out of it?”

“Regardless, I have enjoyed your companionship this afternoon and would love to spend more time together, whenever you have the time. I’m sure many are vying for your attention, after all!”

She glanced up at the sun for a moment, getting her time bearings.

“In fact, it seems that I have enjoyed your company so much that I believe I may be late.”

She doesn’t seem particularly concerned about this, but she does begin shuffling her belongings.

“Perhaps we could meet for tea or a walk through somewhere in a day or two?”

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Fri Aug 13, 2021 4:08 am

They blinked. "Oh... Uh.... Um... I.... guess?" They seemed a bit unsure about it. "My story isn't really of much importance, truth be told. It's rather... common? Granted, Benten-no-kami doesn't give out curses casually, but I'm not the first one to be cursed, so it's not that... worthy of being written down. Though, ah, also no. Not many are trying my attention and those that are looking towards me probably just want my lands and status, so..." They sighed softly. "That's going to be fun trying to figure out if they actually want me for me and not just to marry up."

Then they shook it all away. "I would definitely enjoy meeting up for a walk again here soon, though oh yes, please do hurry. I would hate for you to be late because of me."