(D3LM) Oh what a beautiful morning (open)

Walking paths thread their way through flower and tree
Agasha Inoshishi

(D3LM) Oh what a beautiful morning (open)

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Sat Aug 07, 2021 9:55 pm

After her exhausting performance at the ball game this morning, Inoshishi is sitting under a tree with a nice view, many papers scattered around her with small stones on them. She manically writes in all of them, a few characters at a time, humming and singing while she does this. She’s intent on her passion, but would happily talk about anyone else’s! Or fireworks. And always mushrooms.
Dragon * Chronicler * Too Thin * smells like mochi * fireworks
Starting day 5, Shichi charm with braided ribbon, yellows, greens, and a red
Starting day 6, LE has weirdly mottled hands, all colored in browns and yellows, as if her skin had changed color. (fading D10, gone d13)
Starting day 9, LA, has ink stains on fingers. (gone d11)
Starting D13, new bracelet
Honor is the ideal. Unremarkable Retainer. Average Samurai

Seppun Unsei

Re: (D3LM) Oh what a beautiful morning (open)

Post by Seppun Unsei » Sun Aug 08, 2021 1:19 am

And in comes Unsei, ready and prepared to ruin the days of others by being loud and annoying. Needing a place to rest and recover, he had come out to the gardens, a place he knew he'd be coming to a lot.

Keeping the rain off of him was his ever present hat and a faint smile that danced upon his lips. Though, when he saw the Dragon, he stopped and bowed. "Oh, hello. How are you this late morning?"
Imperial ❀ Shugenja ❀ Professional Dumbass ❀ Benten's Curse ❀ Sixth Sense ❀ Affect of Harmlessness
Glory: Reputable Status: Average Imperial Honor: Average Profile!
Carries: Fan, smol knife, wakizashi, finger of jade, divination kit!

Wears: Unsei often is seen wearing star-covered robes in shades of black, dark blues, and gold. In the center of their forehead is a small birthmark in the shape of a diamond/star, and they always wear a hat with a short veil and tassels on it. Their hair is kept in a long ponytail that reaches down to their ankles.

"You might've heard of me. I was the Imperial that broke their toe falling out of a tree at Shiro Kuni."

Agasha Inoshishi

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Sun Aug 08, 2021 5:32 am

Seppun Unsei wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 1:19 am
when he saw the Dragon, he stopped and bowed. "Oh, hello. How are you this late morning?"
The Dragon woman rises and bows, her fingers stained with ink from the many pages she’s working on.

“Hello, Seppun-sama. I’m doing great! Or terrible? I’m not really certain, but I didn’t set the main hall on fire, so I think you have to count that as a win. But sensei always said that I shouldn’t count it as a win if I just didn’t break it, so I don’t know! But I did try my hardest and I think I did well! How are you? Did you like the game this morning? Would you like a mushroom? Agashishi Inoshishi. I mean, Agasha Inosha. I mean, Agasha Inoshishi. That me. Normally. I mean, always, but that’s how you say my name correctly. Inoshishi, not Inosha. Um. Maybe I’m not okay?”
Starting day 6, LE has weirdly mottled hands, all colored in browns and yellows, as if her skin had changed color. (fading D10, gone d13)

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Sun Aug 08, 2021 12:31 pm

Agasha Inoshishi wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 5:32 am

The Dragon woman rises and bows, her fingers stained with ink from the many pages she’s working on.

“Hello, Seppun-sama. I’m doing great! Or terrible? I’m not really certain, but I didn’t set the main hall on fire, so I think you have to count that as a win. But sensei always said that I shouldn’t count it as a win if I just didn’t break it, so I don’t know! But I did try my hardest and I think I did well! How are you? Did you like the game this morning? Would you like a mushroom? Agashishi Inoshishi. I mean, Agasha Inosha. I mean, Agasha Inoshishi. That me. Normally. I mean, always, but that’s how you say my name correctly. Inoshishi, not Inosha. Um. Maybe I’m not okay?”
There was a strange feeling that was in the process of wrapping itself around Unsei's heart with every word that the Dragon spoke. It was slow, and entirely unexpected, but Unsei felt more and more interested in the woman before him, which he felt was a kindred spirit, at least with rambling.

Stars above...

"I wouldn't personally count not setting it on fire as a win, but I'm sure that the Deer do which I suppose is what matters. Keeping the hosts happy and all. Though, I must admit it's a pleasure to meet you Agasha Inoshishi or Inosha-san." He chuckled pleasantly before removing a box of mochi from his sleeve. "I'd love to take a mushroom if you would take a mochi? A little trade or something of the like, and I do have other flavors if red bean isn't your particular thing. Though, what kind of mushrooms do you have?" Then they paused. "Oh, stars above, I forgot to introduce myself. I am Seppun Unsei. Heavens... forgetting that sort of thing. I'm just terrible this late morning, it seems."
Imperial ❀ Shugenja ❀ Professional Dumbass ❀ Benten's Curse ❀ Sixth Sense ❀ Affect of Harmlessness

Wears: Unsei often is seen wearing star-covered robes in shades of black, dark blues, and gold. In the center of their forehead is a small birthmark in the shape of a diamond/star, and they always wear a hat with a short veil and tassels on it. Their hair is kept in a long ponytail that reaches down to their ankles.

"You might've heard of me. I was the Imperial that broke their toe falling out of a tree at Shiro Kuni."

Agasha Inoshishi

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Sun Aug 08, 2021 9:26 pm

Seppun Unsei wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 12:31 pm

"I wouldn't personally count not setting it on fire as a win, but I'm sure that the Deer do which I suppose is what matters. Keeping the hosts happy and all. Though, I must admit it's a pleasure to meet you Agasha Inoshishi or Inosha-san." He chuckled pleasantly before removing a box of mochi from his sleeve. "I'd love to take a mushroom if you would take a mochi? A little trade or something of the like, and I do have other flavors if red bean isn't your particular thing. Though, what kind of mushrooms do you have?" Then they paused. "Oh, stars above, I forgot to introduce myself. I am Seppun Unsei. Heavens... forgetting that sort of thing. I'm just terrible this late morning, it seems."
Inoshishi bows happily as she’s finally met someone else for whom words flow like water.

“I have candy cap mushrooms! They taste kinda like mochi, so it will be a good experiment for both of us! I love mochi, whatever is inside it. Well. As long as it’s edible. But you don’t look like the type to put something like rocks in the mochi. That wouldn’t be yummy. What’s your favorite mochi? My favorite is warabi mochi, the jelly texture makes me happy. And don’t worry, i forget all sorts of stuff, like being in time or introducing myself. There’s too much else going on! Do you like stories? Sometimes I get too many stories in my head at once and I have to write the down otherwise they get all tangled. That’s what I am doing, detangling. I don’t normally write this much all at once!”

She’s blushing furiously, knowing her passion for stories can seem foolish to others.

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Mon Aug 09, 2021 12:04 am

Agasha Inoshishi wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 9:26 pm
Inoshishi bows happily as she’s finally met someone else for whom words flow like water.

“I have candy cap mushrooms! They taste kinda like mochi, so it will be a good experiment for both of us! I love mochi, whatever is inside it. Well. As long as it’s edible. But you don’t look like the type to put something like rocks in the mochi. That wouldn’t be yummy. What’s your favorite mochi? My favorite is warabi mochi, the jelly texture makes me happy. And don’t worry, i forget all sorts of stuff, like being in time or introducing myself. There’s too much else going on! Do you like stories? Sometimes I get too many stories in my head at once and I have to write the down otherwise they get all tangled. That’s what I am doing, detangling. I don’t normally write this much all at once!”

She’s blushing furiously, knowing her passion for stories can seem foolish to others.
Without asking, Unsei plopped down across from Inoshishi with a goofy smile on his face. "That sounds great! We can do a candy trade then! And oh, no, stars above I wouldn't put rocks in it. Maybe egg yolk if I was really feeling like tormenting a person, but never rocks. Teeth are difficult enough to keep up with..." He shook his head. "Though! Oh! What sort of stories are you writing? Or I guess which ones are you working on at this time? I really enjoy stories, especially if they're read out loud. Reading can be such a bore at times, but maybe that's just me because I've had to read so many old scrolls on the most boring of subjects. I still love to read star charts though! But the stories they tell aren't like regular stories. They're more like the stories of lives and the future and stuff, but yeah!"

Agasha Inoshishi

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Mon Aug 09, 2021 7:43 pm

Seppun Unsei wrote:
Mon Aug 09, 2021 12:04 am
Without asking, Unsei plopped down across from Inoshishi with a goofy smile on his face. "That sounds great! We can do a candy trade then! And oh, no, stars above I wouldn't put rocks in it. Maybe egg yolk if I was really feeling like tormenting a person, but never rocks. Teeth are difficult enough to keep up with..." He shook his head. "Though! Oh! What sort of stories are you writing? Or I guess which ones are you working on at this time? I really enjoy stories, especially if they're read out loud. Reading can be such a bore at times, but maybe that's just me because I've had to read so many old scrolls on the most boring of subjects. I still love to read star charts though! But the stories they tell aren't like regular stories. They're more like the stories of lives and the future and stuff, but yeah!"
She lights up at the trade idea. “Hurray, candy trade! I love new sweets! Ooo, egg yolk might be yummy if you put some sugar in it! Runny, but yummy! Ooo, I kinda want to find someone to make that now! Huh, stories? I’m great at reading stories. Or rather TELLING stories, that I’m best at! I love telling them. Mouths are much better designed for hearing than eyes are for writing, if you ask me. I could tell you any of these stories, if you like. I’m writing down a Scorpion legend about swamp men, a Hida story about a heroic forgotten Bushi, some Centipede oral stories about who married whom and a lion lineage and all the stories therein. It’s quiet relaxing, really. Would you like to hear them? I love to tell them. I said that already? Oops!”

She giggles, sliiiightly manic-ly as she’s still coming down off having become compromised. It seems her passion is helping as the flames of concentrated work die and are replaced with excitement at a new listener.

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Mon Aug 09, 2021 9:22 pm

Agasha Inoshishi wrote:
Mon Aug 09, 2021 7:43 pm
She lights up at the trade idea. “Hurray, candy trade! I love new sweets! Ooo, egg yolk might be yummy if you put some sugar in it! Runny, but yummy! Ooo, I kinda want to find someone to make that now! Huh, stories? I’m great at reading stories. Or rather TELLING stories, that I’m best at! I love telling them. Mouths are much better designed for hearing than eyes are for writing, if you ask me. I could tell you any of these stories, if you like. I’m writing down a Scorpion legend about swamp men, a Hida story about a heroic forgotten Bushi, some Centipede oral stories about who married whom and a lion lineage and all the stories therein. It’s quiet relaxing, really. Would you like to hear them? I love to tell them. I said that already? Oops!”

She giggles, sliiiightly manic-ly as she’s still coming down off having become compromised. It seems her passion is helping as the flames of concentrated work die and are replaced with excitement at a new listener.
He pulled out his box of mochi and offered it out to her, smile still in place and only growing larger and sweeter at this point. Unsei was happy and certainly didn't mind the talking.

"I'd absolutely love to hear the stories! Any of them or just one of them, whatever you like. I never really got to listen to a lot of stories growing up. Parents always made me read, or my sensei would make me read and all I really wanted to do was read star charts, not about stupid history, you know. But! Listening to stories is entirely different. You can get so much emotion into them! I'm excited!"

Agasha Inoshishi

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:28 am

Seppun Unsei wrote:
Mon Aug 09, 2021 9:22 pm
He pulled out his box of mochi and offered it out to her, smile still in place and only growing larger and sweeter at this point. Unsei was happy and certainly didn't mind the talking.

"I'd absolutely love to hear the stories! Any of them or just one of them, whatever you like. I never really got to listen to a lot of stories growing up. Parents always made me read, or my sensei would make me read and all I really wanted to do was read star charts, not about stupid history, you know. But! Listening to stories is entirely different. You can get so much emotion into them! I'm excited!"
“Ooo, yummy! Thanks!” She pops the mochi in her mouth, chewing slowly and thoroughly, her eyes closed as she enjoys the texture and flavor. She cracks one eye open to watch the Seppun’s reaction to the mushroom. Now she REALLY smells like mochi.

“So good! Thank you! Yummy yummy! Reading star charts sounds so fun! I want to hear all about that!”

Inoshishi begins telling a story, weaving together the grains of truth to put both entertain and educate. The story she tells is of a little known Hida on an adventure through Lion lands.

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:50 am

Agasha Inoshishi wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:28 am
“Ooo, yummy! Thanks!” She pops the mochi in her mouth, chewing slowly and thoroughly, her eyes closed as she enjoys the texture and flavor. She cracks one eye open to watch the Seppun’s reaction to the mushroom. Now she REALLY smells like mochi.

“So good! Thank you! Yummy yummy! Reading star charts sounds so fun! I want to hear all about that!”

Inoshishi begins telling a story, weaving together the grains of truth to put both entertain and educate. The story she tells is of a little known Hida on an adventure through Lion lands.
When they traded candies, Unsei took the mushroom in his hand and looked it over briefly before plopping the whole thing in his mouth and chewing. It was something he hadn't tried before, but it was by no means bad, and at the end of it, he was left wanting to ask for another, but refrained. Instead, he chuckled a bit embarrassed.

"Oh, hah, while I find them to be fun reading, they're just a bunch of dots and lines on a page if you don't know what you're looking at. Not too many people besides astrologers or those interested in that sort of thing deal with them. But anyway!"

He shut up and listened to the story in silence, but completely focused on it.