D3 EM - Two dawns (expecting, closed)

Walking paths thread their way through flower and tree
Kitsu Moshumaru

Re: D3 EM - Two dawns (expecting, closed)

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:43 pm

Usogawa Emiko wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:28 pm
"I've never seen this style before? It's so interesting. Why did it fall out of style?" Emiko read it happily "is it because of the length? I feel like haiku is supposed to be short so it can fit on smaller paper which makes it easier to pass it around discretely. "
"Mostly it was coincidence - it was a politically tumultuous time when the form was first pioneered, but people had different artistic priorities at the time. Having just come out of a dark era, less constrained, more spontaneous and 'free' poetry was more the focus, and the Haibun was just too long and required too much construction to be spouted spontaneously, so to speak."
Lion Clan - HGS: 51/41/35 - Kitsu Red Hair, Missing fingers
"Mark my words, your descendants will remember you."
Gift giving ritual: Feel free to skip due to timezones
Ideal Lewdness level: Ftb, raunchy/lewd is fine
PM if thread desired

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Thu Aug 12, 2021 5:11 pm

Kitsu Moshumaru wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:43 pm
"Mostly it was coincidence - it was a politically tumultuous time when the form was first pioneered, but people had different artistic priorities at the time. Having just come out of a dark era, less constrained, more spontaneous and 'free' poetry was more the focus, and the Haibun was just too long and required too much construction to be spouted spontaneously, so to speak."
"Mmm, I see..." Emiko said with a small frown "I think Kitsu-sama should make it come back. It's longer, hai, but it's nicer. Feels like more time has been put into the piece. It's good for someone who writes a lot, ne?"
Otter Clan * Kuge * Heir * Courtier * Dancer * Musician * Very Pretty(Dangerous Allure) * Clumsy * Profile
Courtship points: ?
Equipment: Fan, pretty clothes, makeup/perfume, pillowbooks (sometimes), Tea set (sometimes), Flute (sometimes), odd looking stringed instrument (sometimes)

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:02 pm

Moshu paused, thinking on his words.

"You know, I never thought of that. That is certainly something that could be done, though I fear it pales in comparison to your music.."
PM if thread desired

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Thu Aug 12, 2021 7:53 pm

"Art isn't a competition. My music would be considered poor by the standards of the Crane I'm sure, but that doesn't me off. Art is to be shared, no matter what it is" Emiko said, giving the man a smile "so don't think of it as your art isn't the same as another, consider it you sharing your art with the world."
Otter Clan * Kuge * Heir * Courtier * Dancer * Musician * Very Pretty(Dangerous Allure) * Clumsy * Profile
Equipment: Fan, pretty clothes, makeup/perfume, pillowbooks (sometimes), Tea set (sometimes), Flute (sometimes), odd looking stringed instrument (sometimes)

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:16 pm

The Kitsu smiled in return. He was no second coming of Doji, but his smile was earnest and honest.

"Well as a Lion, I'm naturally inclined to not be worry about modern Crane standards. But perhaps you're right - it might be time to reintroduce Rokugan to the Haibun. Will you join me on this journey?"
PM if thread desired

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:00 pm

"I would be happy to see an art form make its comeback Kitsu-sama. The Otter care a lot about art" Emiko said with a few nods "we'll have to spread the work, or I suppose the written word, ne?" she giggled at her joke "then in the future you'll be able to wow the courts with the new in fashion poetry type."

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:23 pm

Usogawa Emiko wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:00 pm
"I would be happy to see an art form make its comeback Kitsu-sama. The Otter care a lot about art" Emiko said with a few nods "we'll have to spread the work, or I suppose the written word, ne?" she giggled at her joke "then in the future you'll be able to wow the courts with the new in fashion poetry type."
The Kitsu smiled.
"I'll send you my second piece, once I've practiced the style more. Once I've got the style down, I'll write up some basic guides for replication."

Certainly a different style than what he was going for, but...
PM if thread desired

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:39 pm

"Once there are guidelines I can try too" Emiko added "then more can try, and more. That's how it becomes the future!"

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:43 pm

Usogawa Emiko wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:39 pm
"Once there are guidelines I can try too" Emiko added "then more can try, and more. That's how it becomes the future!"
The Kitsu's laugh was a melodic, joyous one.

"Look at us; I said your music took me on a journey and here we are, planning an entire chapter of Rokugan's art together. Fortunes, I love this."

He looked to his companion, his eyes shimmering like Hantei before a Doji.

"We still have time, I think - shall we enjoy the rest of the morn together?"
PM if thread desired

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Sat Aug 14, 2021 3:38 pm

"Art inspiring art" Emiko said with a smile "that sounds lovely, let's go for a walk in the garden. It's really pretty!"