D3 EM - Two dawns (expecting, closed)

Walking paths thread their way through flower and tree
Kitsu Moshumaru

D3 EM - Two dawns (expecting, closed)

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Sat Aug 07, 2021 4:15 pm

Usually, the dawn carried the sound of carrions, loss, regret and despair for those who surround the writers of the fallen. It was another day of loss to be turned into celebration, grief to be soothed with pride and another esteemed family member to join the records of Ancestors yet to come.

But today was... different. Different, for the young Kitsu, was once a nerve-wracking experience. He was in kinder grounds now, and so the supposed threat was minimal. If not, he had his calligraphy set and finest kimono handy, so he may die looking the part of the miai.

But that said, there was two dawns to await - the first of which began to rise, reflecting off the mildew like a compliment off its giver.

The second, well...
Lion Clan - HGS: 51/41/35 - Kitsu Red Hair, Missing fingers
"Mark my words, your descendants will remember you."
Gift giving ritual: Feel free to skip due to timezones
Ideal Lewdness level: Ftb, raunchy/lewd is fine
PM if thread desired

Usogawa Emiko

Re: D3 EM - Two dawns (expecting, closed)

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Sat Aug 07, 2021 8:02 pm

The rain kept falling it seemed. Emiko was almost certain this Kitsu was more proper, so to risk temptation again she left her less acceptable instrument at home, deciding in this weather as well that a flute would likely be more than enough.

Entering the gardens under a pink parasol, the little Otter found her way to where the Kitsu was waiting, before bowing to the man.

"Good morning Kitsu-sama. I hope you are well? Seems the weather isn't ideal right now, ne?"
Otter Clan * Kuge * Heir * Courtier * Dancer * Musician * Very Pretty(Dangerous Allure) * Clumsy * Profile
Courtship points: ?
Equipment: Fan, pretty clothes, makeup/perfume, pillowbooks (sometimes), Tea set (sometimes), Flute (sometimes), odd looking stringed instrument (sometimes)

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Sat Aug 07, 2021 9:42 pm

The Kitsu returned the bow with a smile, offering the Otter a seat by him under the cover of the pagoda.

"The rain has to fall some time, lest the crops never grow. That said, I'm especially glad you decided to join me - I was worried for a moment I would be stuck in the dawn alone."
PM if thread desired

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Sun Aug 08, 2021 11:14 am

"There's plenty of water in the rivers for our plants, but I'm sure others don't have that same luxury" Emiko said with a nod "you also don't need to be concerned, if I give my word then I will be here. A musical performance was promised after all, ne? I hope you weren't waiting too long."
Otter Clan * Kuge * Heir * Courtier * Dancer * Musician * Very Pretty(Dangerous Allure) * Clumsy * Profile
Equipment: Fan, pretty clothes, makeup/perfume, pillowbooks (sometimes), Tea set (sometimes), Flute (sometimes), odd looking stringed instrument (sometimes)

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Sun Aug 08, 2021 11:24 am

The Kitsu gave the floor.

"My attention is all yours."
PM if thread desired

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Sun Aug 08, 2021 12:48 pm

Emiko nodded, moving over slightly and taking out the small flute from her sleeve. After a little bit of fiddling she found a way to hold her parasol under her arm and keeping it over her head while bringing her flute to her mouth. She began to play the flute, quite a high-pitched sounding flute that seemed to have quite a range to it.

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Sun Aug 08, 2021 5:50 pm

Meanwhile, under the cover of the pagoda, the Kitsu... seemed to lay out a paper and brush? As he listened, he seemed to enter a trance, his entire body moving with each motion of the tune. With each sharp swing of the melody, a stroke of the brush followed suit, the motion between music and poetry forming a vibrant, unpredictable motion.

D3 EM - Compose an accompanying poem to the flute playing [Void-Composition] | TN: 2 | Success: 3 / Opportunity: 0 / Strife: 0
Image Image Image

At the end of the piece, the Kitsu breathed once before seeming to awaken.

"I must say, that was an exhilarating performance. I admit I expected to join you on a peaceful stroll musically, not to be whisked alongside you across the mountains themselves on horseback. Nevertheless, your passion for the flute is moving, and it shows. In the presence of such a powerful piece I was... compelled to accompany with one of my own."
He offered over the poem he had constructed while she had performed.
"It is far from my usual work, but I hope it is enjoyable nonetheless."
PM if thread desired

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Sun Aug 08, 2021 8:49 pm

Emiko bowed at his words, smiling.

"Thank you, I'm glad you enjoyed it Kitsu-sama."

She looked at the paper.

"Hmm, you wrote something for me?" She accepted the piece of paper and looked at it.

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Sun Aug 08, 2021 10:39 pm

The Kitsu smiled.

"Depending on how you look at it, you could say I wrote it with you, considering I was lead entirely by your music. But yes, I did. The form is a rare one, pioneered at the start of the Seventh century but mostly forgotten in the chaos preceding the regency of Otomo Tanaka-sama. I uh, hope you like it."

The poem itself, currently untitled, is a Haibun following two unknown travelers looking for the fortune. As they set off they encounter five mountains of prose, describing the breathtaking sights and stunts they overcome to cross each mountain. Between each is a short haiku, phonetic in its writing, as they conquer each mountain and imagine the heavens. Each verse detracts from the action to focus more on the traveler's endearing descriptions of each other. Finally, they stare into the water and see the shrine of benten where they started - they have found the fortunes.

((OOC:If needed, I can write the poem in full, but may need to put aside a day for it))
PM if thread desired

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:28 pm

"I've never seen this style before? It's so interesting. Why did it fall out of style?" Emiko read it happily "is it because of the length? I feel like haiku is supposed to be short so it can fit on smaller paper which makes it easier to pass it around discretely. "