[D3, MA, Open] To Smell the Flowers

Walking paths thread their way through flower and tree
Seppun Yuzu

Re: [D3, MA, Open] To Smell the Flowers

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Mon Aug 09, 2021 9:43 pm

Something Unsei said did strikes a nerve, for some odd reason. Yuzu replies, "Alright. Before this drives us mad: please, call me Governor. Call my cousin Seppun-sama." A sigh, and he offers the mochi he was holding to Akihiro. "Care for this mochi?"
Imperial • Bushi • Kuge • Governor • Blessed • Dangerous • Precocious
Honor: Honor Is the Ideal • Status: Chisei District Governor • Glory: Reputable Samurai
DescriptionTheme

Wears: Iron Sheath, Daisho, (No Knife from D13 on)
Outdoor Gear: Lacquered armor, Naginata, Traveling Pack
Indoor Gear: Sanctified robes

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Mon Aug 09, 2021 9:50 pm

Unsei blinked, not sure what he did wrong, and looked between the two. "I mean... I can also just leave if that would make it easier for everyone? I'm likely to catch a cold out here anyway."
Imperial ❀ Shugenja ❀ Professional Dumbass ❀ Benten's Curse ❀ Sixth Sense ❀ Affect of Harmlessness
Glory: Reputable Status: Average Imperial Honor: Average Profile!
Carries: Fan, smol knife, wakizashi, finger of jade, divination kit!

Wears: Unsei often is seen wearing star-covered robes in shades of black, dark blues, and gold. In the center of their forehead is a small birthmark in the shape of a diamond/star, and they always wear a hat with a short veil and tassels on it. Their hair is kept in a long ponytail that reaches down to their ankles.

"You might've heard of me. I was the Imperial that broke their toe falling out of a tree at Shiro Kuni."

Kakita Akihiro

Post by Kakita Akihiro » Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:30 am

"As I told Seppun-sama, I do not wish for mochi. But your kindness is appreciated all the same. Enjoy your mochi without reservation Governor." Akihiro nods his head. "And I will not speak for Governor-sama, but I am glad enough to have you around Seppun-sama. You are a light among the roses, a firefly in the dark if you will allow me my metaphors."
Crane | Kakita | Duelist | Newest Fashions | Disfiguring Scar

Honor: 66 | Glory: 42| Status: 35
ceremonial kimono or traveling kimono, daisho, silver chopsticks for hairpins, mempo, if needed palanquin, Ryuusuke the attendent

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:40 am

He turns to Unsei with a squint in his eyes. It wasn't about the presence, but something else. He asks, "Why would you leave? Nonsense. Kakita-san is already following up as requested. One might have an issue with the -hime appendix to non-kuge, another might have an issue with people addressing family members with their family names only. It is rather confusing."

The boy nods to Akihiro and then takes a bite of the mochi. That makes him very silent for quite a long time, as he delights on it slowly, savoring the rarity of such peach flavored sweet.
Honor: Honor Is the Ideal • Status: Chisei District Governor • Glory: Reputable Samurai
DescriptionTheme

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:55 am

"Do not get me started on people with hime in their name or trying to get people to call then hime. I will rant." He said plainly and with a surprising amount of seriousness in his voice.

Then he shook his head. "I would leave make things easier, cousin, and to get out of this rain."

Finally he looked to Akihiro and arched a brow. "Laying it on a bit thick there, eh?" Though, he chuckled, amused at it more rather than upset.
Imperial ❀ Shugenja ❀ Professional Dumbass ❀ Benten's Curse ❀ Sixth Sense ❀ Affect of Harmlessness

Wears: Unsei often is seen wearing star-covered robes in shades of black, dark blues, and gold. In the center of their forehead is a small birthmark in the shape of a diamond/star, and they always wear a hat with a short veil and tassels on it. Their hair is kept in a long ponytail that reaches down to their ankles.

"You might've heard of me. I was the Imperial that broke their toe falling out of a tree at Shiro Kuni."

Kakita Akihiro

Post by Kakita Akihiro » Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:04 am

"I spend most of my time in my head. Sometimes the phrases come out more colorful than they appeared within my imagination." Akihiro half explained, half excused. "I will not continue, except to note that anyone would be lucky to enjoy an astrologer for a spouse, especially a wise and good looking one."

He decided that was a good place to end and move elsewhere with the conversation. "As for everything else, I am actually sad that I have not gotten to duel yet...I expected to run into more fiery personalities before now."

ceremonial kimono or traveling kimono, daisho, silver chopsticks for hairpins, mempo, if needed palanquin, Ryuusuke the attendent

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:51 am

The young boy shows a nearby pagoda with a roof on top, and says to Unsei with a short bow, "I was comparing dislikes. Triggering a rant wasn't the intention. Shitsurei shimasu."

To Akihiro's comment on dueling, he simply raises an eyebrow. He had a different idea of the Kakita from a previous encounter. So, he asks, "Are these poems Kakita-san quoted?"

"I understood that admirers would use indirect approaches, such as game of letters... yet," Yuzu's eyes get back to his cousin, "they were pretty much very direct."
DescriptionTheme

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:03 am

"This particular astrologer is cursed by Benten-no-kami, but he appreciates your optimism on his future marriage... given at the hands of a Deer..." He trailed off, letting a moment of silence linger before clearing his throat. "If you want, I can see if I can't find anyone to get upset at and ask you to duel them for me? It's easier looking for duels when there's two people doing it."

Slowly then he looked over to Yuzu. "What are you getting at?"

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:46 pm

The boy finishes the mochi and blinks a bit before looking at Unsei again, "I wonder if tomorrow will be poetry. I am not that used to compose things. So I wondered how it would be the proper way of doing it. The Crane often knows best about that."
DescriptionTheme

Kakita Akihiro

Post by Kakita Akihiro » Fri Aug 13, 2021 1:28 am

"I am no poet Governor-sama, but I am sure that at least one of our number might be. I hope merely not to embarrass myself." Akihiro bowed to both of them. "I would not ask for Seppun-sama to inconvenienced. But if you wish some small amount of action...I would be willing to oblige on a target."

A smile towards both and then he made his excuses to leave.