[D3, MA, Open] To Smell the Flowers

Walking paths thread their way through flower and tree
Seppun Unsei

Re: [D3, MA, Open] To Smell the Flowers

Post by Seppun Unsei » Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:30 am

"See, this is why I'm glad we're cousins. Finally, somebody in this kyuden gets it. The ones who don't ask what flavors get just red bean like any regular person. But, for the true mochi connoisseurs, I have matcha and two flavors that are a bit harder to get. Peach and vanilla. I don't have too many of them, but they're good." Like this was some sort of weird drug deal, Unsei returned the red bean mochi box back into their sleeve.

"So, what kind?"
Imperial ❀ Shugenja ❀ Professional Dumbass ❀ Benten's Curse ❀ Sixth Sense ❀ Affect of Harmlessness
Glory: Reputable Status: Average Imperial Honor: Average Profile!
Carries: Fan, smol knife, wakizashi, finger of jade, divination kit!

Wears: Unsei often is seen wearing star-covered robes in shades of black, dark blues, and gold. In the center of their forehead is a small birthmark in the shape of a diamond/star, and they always wear a hat with a short veil and tassels on it. Their hair is kept in a long ponytail that reaches down to their ankles.

"You might've heard of me. I was the Imperial that broke their toe falling out of a tree at Shiro Kuni."

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:37 am

The boy nearly smirks, but then he just raises both eyebrows. “Not that I am a big fan, but peach has been an aroma that has been kind of following me around. So why not sink some teeth into that.”

He looks sideways, to check if anyone else was around, as any guard would do to defend valuables. “Never had vanilla, though. You Astrologers do get quite spoiled at the dojo.”
Imperial • Bushi • Kuge • Governor • Blessed • Dangerous • Precocious
Honor: Honor Is the Ideal • Status: Chisei District Governor • Glory: Reputable Samurai
DescriptionTheme

Wears: Iron Sheath, Daisho, (No Knife from D13 on)
Outdoor Gear: Lacquered armor, Naginata, Traveling Pack
Indoor Gear: Sanctified robes

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:49 am

"Oh, the vanilla wasn't from the dojo. I had heard about it from this one mantis and after consulting with a few different charts and my stones, I was able to get my grubby little hands on a few. After all, you can't hide much from a determined astrologer. The power to see into the future is something that can't be beat and a lot of people underestimate it." He withdrew another box of mochi from his other sleeve and offered it to Yuzu. "Here's the good stuff."

"I don't know if I'd really call us spoiled though, but it's really hard to get in trouble when you can see glimpses of what will get you in trouble and then do whatever you need to not then get in trouble. Saves on the yelling and chastising... unless you're shit and in which case will get pulled aside to be told that you're just going to get sent off to a clanner shugenja school because your abilities to see into the future suck. It was a blessing getting to watch that because that student was such a pain and then she cried, but such is life. If she couldn't see such a massive, future defining moment then how could she even protect the Emperor?"

Unless stopped, Unsei really enjoyed talking and could and would just keep talking while going on tangents.
Imperial ❀ Shugenja ❀ Professional Dumbass ❀ Benten's Curse ❀ Sixth Sense ❀ Affect of Harmlessness

Wears: Unsei often is seen wearing star-covered robes in shades of black, dark blues, and gold. In the center of their forehead is a small birthmark in the shape of a diamond/star, and they always wear a hat with a short veil and tassels on it. Their hair is kept in a long ponytail that reaches down to their ankles.

"You might've heard of me. I was the Imperial that broke their toe falling out of a tree at Shiro Kuni."

Kakita Akihiro

Post by Kakita Akihiro » Sun Aug 08, 2021 1:54 pm

A blue blob of Kakita goodness turns the corner to happen upon the pair of Seppun. His white metal mask is polished to shine in the sun. Akihiro had chosen his layers carefully to start from the outside with a dull grey and end with a bright teal inner layer. Layers within layers.

The Kakita approached carefully and bowed at a distance so that he could be waved on if necessary. One didn't want to piss off a pair of Imperials by appearing to easedrop. "Seppun-sama. Well met this fine afternoon."
Crane | Kakita | Duelist | Newest Fashions | Disfiguring Scar

Honor: 66 | Glory: 42| Status: 35
ceremonial kimono or traveling kimono, daisho, silver chopsticks for hairpins, mempo, if needed palanquin, Ryuusuke the attendent

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Mon Aug 09, 2021 11:05 am

The peach mochi being held by chopsticks was nearly getting into Yuzu's mouth as a sudden Kakita appears all dressed up. Deciding it would be rude to greet while chewing, the mochi stands still in the air, being pinched just enough that it shows a delicious squish to the sides. Yuzu looks to Unsen and provides a nod of appreciation and then turns to the Crane. "Did you foresee this?"

There's a bow and he says with a bow –– while the mochi is still there, being captured by the hashi, "Good morning Kakita-san. I hope Inari-kami has been kind."
Honor: Honor Is the Ideal • Status: Chisei District Governor • Glory: Reputable Samurai
DescriptionTheme

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Mon Aug 09, 2021 11:41 am

"I've foreseen a lot that happens during my day to day, but I find it best to act surprised. Freaks people out less than when I greet them with abother cup of tea served or stop just moments away from running into them, yet never actually looking in their direction so I couldn't have known they were there." He answered before turning to the Crane and bowing as well. A small smile danced across his pale lips, enjoying the conversation and people so far.

"Good morning, Kakita-san. It's a pleasure to meet you."

Kakita Akihiro

Post by Kakita Akihiro » Mon Aug 09, 2021 2:36 pm

"This one is Kakita Akihiro, of the Kakita Academy. It is also a pleasure to meet you Seppun-sama." He replied with a polite smile. A year of not moving his face and two days in his cheeks were already sore.

"Inari-no-kami has blessed me heartily this morning. So much so that I felt a need to bleed off the excess with some light exercise. And I had heard the gardens were beautiful and that it behooved me to visit them at least once. Combining exercise with appreciation for the gifts of Benten-no-kami seemed appropriate." He put his arms out with his level to his shoulders to gesture to the bushes and other greenery around them. "And Seppun-sama and Seppun-sama have decided to enjoy a snack?"

ceremonial kimono or traveling kimono, daisho, silver chopsticks for hairpins, mempo, if needed palanquin, Ryuusuke the attendent

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Mon Aug 09, 2021 3:35 pm

"Hai. My cousin was discussing a few oddities we find when going into the country, such as different names." The young boy trained Miharu –– not by profession, just trained –– remarks as the mochi still hands there, pinched in midair, "And mochi..." One filled with flavours and the other not so much. "Quite the difference from the more populates areas of the Empire, such as Otosan Uchi itself."
DescriptionTheme

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:29 pm

Unsei just looked between the two, rather confused with what was going on. So,he just introduced himself since he remembered he hadn't.

"Seppun Unsei, Astrologer and soon member of His Majestys guard once I get married and can go back to actually doing my job. But yes, also enjoying snacks. Would you care for a mochi?"

Kakita Akihiro

Post by Kakita Akihiro » Mon Aug 09, 2021 9:34 pm

"I would not wish to deprive Seppun-sama of their own food, and I am trying to walk off some food. It wouldn't be good to eat a sugary snack while exercising." Akihiro patted his belly underneath the layers of cloth. "It is good to meet you Seppun-sama. I noted that there were a few Imperials within the city and wondered if I would be lucky enough to speak with more than the soon to be governor."

A nod towards Yuzu. "Whose abilities in the kemari this morning were more than adequate. You have my praise, my own familiarity was not great. Not great at all..."

He taps his mask and wondered if he would ever find a good match. More prayer would be necessary later. "And have Seppun-sama been finding the miai all they had hoped for?"