(D2 EE) Two for a Secret, but Three for Luck

Walking paths thread their way through flower and tree
Kuni Yasu

Re: (D2 EE) Two for a Secret, but Three for Luck

Post by Kuni Yasu » Sat Aug 07, 2021 5:15 pm

Seppun Yuzu wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 1:15 pm
He nods, and takes a deep sigh, "I've been trained all my life to recite those names. Even being easy, I actually failed to understand the true purpose Shika-sama wanted to achieve and named one that should have been forgotten."
There's a sharp increase in the Kuni's focus. "True purpose?" She shifts to more fully face the young Seppun. "Did you pick up something more behind her probing, Seppun-sama? She really seemed oddly focused on such strange little things." She pauses, lips pressing into a thoughtful line. "Particularly if she seemed to dig at those that even the Seppun chose to forget." If anyone was happy to believe that even the Imperial families held their black sheep, it would be a Kuni.
Crab * Purifier * Big Lady * Face Paint * Excellent Bloodlines * Unwealthy * Friendly
Honor is the Ideal * Glory: Unremarkable Retainer * Status: 30 * CP: 16

Commonly worn: Clothes!; wakizashi with crab tsuba; small knife; scroll satchel--tied closed with blue & brown kumihimo braid and dangling apricot pit netsuke; elaborately woven ribbon tying up her hair; a jade necklace carved into a Badger head, carved wooden charms of crab and moth looped around a wrist with lavender ribbon.

Description

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Sat Aug 07, 2021 10:42 pm

Kuni Yasu wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 5:15 pm
There's a sharp increase in the Kuni's focus. "True purpose?" She shifts to more fully face the young Seppun. "Did you pick up something more behind her probing, Seppun-sama? She really seemed oddly focused on such strange little things." She pauses, lips pressing into a thoughtful line. "Particularly if she seemed to dig at those that even the Seppun chose to forget." If anyone was happy to believe that even the Imperial families held their black sheep, it would be a Kuni.
Yuzu has no idea of what just happened, but having Yasu's full attention onto him was quite alluring –– and intimidating at the same time. He tries to reply at his best, "Eto."

He takes a moment to complete, "The fault was mine. Shika-sama didn't probe anything. I did notice the frown in her face when I mentioned the name..."

The boy shakes his head, "In any fashion. Best let forgotten, ne?"

A deep inhale, and he adds on, trying to change the subject, "What does Kuni-san enjoy doing as a hobby?"
Imperial • Bushi • Kuge • Governor • Blessed • Dangerous • Precocious
Honor: Honor Is the Ideal • Status: Chisei District Governor • Glory: Reputable Samurai
DescriptionTheme

Wears: Iron Sheath, Daisho, (No Knife from D13 on)
Outdoor Gear: Lacquered armor, Naginata, Traveling Pack
Indoor Gear: Sanctified robes

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Sun Aug 08, 2021 2:05 am

Yasu takes a long breath herself. She's not supposed to interrogate people here. Probably. Almost certainly. But what unmentionable name was he hiding? It was almost, but not quite, as interesting a secret as what Pei Pei was up to.

"I read quite a lot, you never know what little bit of information might be important some day. My parents have encouraged some pursuit of poetry. The symbolic thinking and wordplay is surprising useful when studying interactions with elemental spirits or attempting to commune with them." Yes, even her hobbies required some element of usefulness to make them worth pursuing. "And Seppun-sama? Does governing offer much time for hobbies?"
Crab * Purifier * Big Lady * Face Paint * Excellent Bloodlines * Unwealthy * Friendly

Commonly worn: Clothes!; wakizashi with crab tsuba; small knife; scroll satchel--tied closed with blue & brown kumihimo braid and dangling apricot pit netsuke; elaborately woven ribbon tying up her hair; a jade necklace carved into a Badger head, carved wooden charms of crab and moth looped around a wrist with lavender ribbon.

Description

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Sun Aug 08, 2021 2:26 am

"I've been governing for..." He raises one finger, then the other, adding, "two weeks now. So, forgive me, I am unsure how much time I'll have to pursue my hobbies." There's a shrug, "Not that I had much free time at the Dojo. The Seppun Guest Home sensei are very, very strict. I was often sent to do either menial work which I always failed to see the wisdom behind, or to train more. I often chose the latter."
Honor: Honor Is the Ideal • Status: Chisei District Governor • Glory: Reputable Samurai
DescriptionTheme

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Sun Aug 08, 2021 6:54 am

"Well, menial work means that you know where everything is when something goes wrong. Not a bad bit of knowledge to have." Yasu says thoughtfully.

"But, I had no idea your promotion was so recent. Congratulations, Seppun-sama."

Description

Kasumi

Post by Kasumi » Sun Aug 08, 2021 5:40 pm

Kitsu Murato wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 2:47 pm
"Well, if you wanted to lean in and whisper it so as to not offend anyone else, I would not object. And you would merely be relaying your feathered friend's words so I would not hold that against you," he says with a smirk.
Kasumi let out a laugh, while idly flipping her hair with her hand. "I wouldn't wish to cast any doubt on the honorable behavior of a noble Lion Kitsu-san, so perhaps another time."

"Cocktease." The bird was relentless apparently.
Mantis * Tenkinja * Wealthy * Has a parrot * Gaudy getup

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Sun Aug 08, 2021 5:57 pm

He laughs at that. "Was that it? Or was he just making commentary?" he asks with a mischievous smirk.
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:50 am

Kuni Yasu wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 6:54 am
"Well, menial work means that you know where everything is when something goes wrong. Not a bad bit of knowledge to have." Yasu says thoughtfully.

"But, I had no idea your promotion was so recent. Congratulations, Seppun-sama."
He bows again, "Thank you, Kuni-san." The boy doesn't go over the work related issue longer and asks, "I train, most of the times, but I guess it is time that I learn something more in depth like... I don't know... poetry. Ii really don't even know how to start."
DescriptionTheme

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Mon Aug 09, 2021 2:54 pm

"Well, you start by reading, really. Or listening. Some of them are best spoken aloud, others rely a little more on," her hands mime holding a brush and writing, "the shape of the words on the page, or the character used for something." She stops, slipping her hands back into her sleeves to still them. "But reading's easier than arranging for readings here I guess. Lots of written stuff in the market."

Description

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Mon Aug 09, 2021 3:38 pm

He nods, quite distracted by her hands, then asks, "Alright. I'll do that. Read, listen and then write off my poem. What does Kuni-san often use as inspiration –– or to get inspiration?"
DescriptionTheme