(D2 EE) Two for a Secret, but Three for Luck

Walking paths thread their way through flower and tree
Kuni Yasu

Re: (D2 EE) Two for a Secret, but Three for Luck

Post by Kuni Yasu » Fri Aug 06, 2021 4:51 am

Seppun Yuzu wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 3:03 pm
"Hajimemashite!" The young boy says with another bow and presents himself, "Seppun Yuzu, Governor of Chisei. Please, treat me kindly."

Then, he straightens up and comments with a tiny shrug at the end, "Interesting that you mentioned festival. A good approach to it. I am also here to... eto... celebrate –– perhaps."
"Festivals have many purposes, Seppun-sama," the shugenja says. "Celebration. Honoring a spirit," she gestures toward the trees, "chasing out bad luck or raking in the good." The dark smile broadens. "And, of course getting folks matched up and married off."

There's a small pause, "the Seppun show the Deer quite a bit of favor sending the Governor of Chisei for them to match. I hear the Otter Champion's daughter is here too. Don't follow the flow of any courts, but that sounds like they've risen in some kind of favor through the Empire, yes?"
Crab * Purifier * Big Lady * Face Paint * Excellent Bloodlines * Unwealthy * Friendly
Honor is the Ideal * Glory: Unremarkable Retainer * Status: 30 * CP: 16

Commonly worn: Clothes!; wakizashi with crab tsuba; small knife; scroll satchel--tied closed with blue & brown kumihimo braid and dangling apricot pit netsuke; elaborately woven ribbon tying up her hair; a jade necklace carved into a Badger head, carved wooden charms of crab and moth looped around a wrist with lavender ribbon.

Description

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Fri Aug 06, 2021 11:44 am

Kuni Yasu wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 4:51 am
"Festivals have many purposes, Seppun-sama," the shugenja says. "Celebration. Honoring a spirit," she gestures toward the trees, "chasing out bad luck or raking in the good." The dark smile broadens. "And, of course getting folks matched up and married off."

There's a small pause, "the Seppun show the Deer quite a bit of favor sending the Governor of Chisei for them to match. I hear the Otter Champion's daughter is here too. Don't follow the flow of any courts, but that sounds like they've risen in some kind of favor through the Empire, yes?"
Mention of Otter Champion does trigger some source of strife into him, but Yuzu keeps that to himself. The boy nods and clears his throat to precisely point it out, "The Minor Clan Embassy is located a Chisei district. It is with great honor that my Family has sent me into the Deer's care for my marriage, so they can choose the best approach that would bring the Minor Clans even closer to the Imperial Families. The Great Clans, themselves, are bound by blood since the very Dawn, after all."

He looks at the pond at the garden and reminds himself of Hikimasu's tips on relaxing a bit. With a calm breath, the very young Governor adds as he looks up into her smile, "Kuni-san mentioned spirits, bad luck and raking good. I understand she's a priest. Correct?"

--
Swaying your fellow PCs (Government/Void): Strengthen the ties between the minor clans and the Imperial Families. Distinction Blessed Lineage. | TN: 2 | Success: 6 / Opportunity: 0 / Strife: 4
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Imperial • Bushi • Kuge • Governor • Blessed • Dangerous • Precocious
Honor: Honor Is the Ideal • Status: Chisei District Governor • Glory: Reputable Samurai
DescriptionTheme

Wears: Iron Sheath, Daisho, (No Knife from D13 on)
Outdoor Gear: Lacquered armor, Naginata, Traveling Pack
Indoor Gear: Sanctified robes

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Sat Aug 07, 2021 3:55 am

Seppun Yuzu wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 11:44 am
Mention of Otter Champion does trigger some source of strife into him, but Yuzu keeps that to himself. The boy nods and clears his throat to precisely point it out, "The Minor Clan Embassy is located a Chisei district. It is with great honor that my Family has sent me into the Deer's care for my marriage, so they can choose the best approach that would bring the Minor Clans even closer to the Imperial Families. The Great Clans, themselves, are bound by blood since the very Dawn, after all."

He looks at the pond at the garden and reminds himself of Hikimasu's tips on relaxing a bit. With a calm breath, the very young Governor adds as he looks up into her smile, "Kuni-san mentioned spirits, bad luck and raking good. I understand she's a priest. Correct?"
"Ah, I wasn't aware of the layout of things in the Capitol." Considering that she never expected to visit it in her life, it had never seemed like something to spend much time learning about. "But that makes sense then. Does that mean you are hoping for a match from one of the minor clans then?" She'd consider him awfully young to be governor, but obviously it could do without him for the weeks he'd be spending here, so probably the bureaucrats ran it just fine, governor or no governor, so you could put the title on, say, a cat, and it would run along all the same.

She nods once at the question. "Hai. Born with a sense of the spiritual and ability to command the elemental spirits as most of my family are." Her head moves only slightly as she looks the young man up and down. "And while Many of Seppun-sama's family are priests, do I guess right that you are not?"
Crab * Purifier * Big Lady * Face Paint * Excellent Bloodlines * Unwealthy * Friendly

Commonly worn: Clothes!; wakizashi with crab tsuba; small knife; scroll satchel--tied closed with blue & brown kumihimo braid and dangling apricot pit netsuke; elaborately woven ribbon tying up her hair; a jade necklace carved into a Badger head, carved wooden charms of crab and moth looped around a wrist with lavender ribbon.

Description

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Sat Aug 07, 2021 4:32 am

Kuni Yasu wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 3:55 am
-snip-
"I've been given notes placing the Minor Clans in high remark, hai. I only intent to do that which will please my Family and Emperor, with the guidance of the Deer... and my mother's list with that." He mentions, looking up to the skies.

Then, he looks back at the tall girl, analyzing further her makeup as her eyes might run up, after going down... maybe just in that awkward moment they cross. He says "I am not shugenja. Mother is, though."
Honor: Honor Is the Ideal • Status: Chisei District Governor • Glory: Reputable Samurai
DescriptionTheme

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Sat Aug 07, 2021 5:58 am

Clouded night makes the contrast between pale face paint and dark eyes sharp, obscuring the much smaller bit of white within, so there was only a hint of gazes meeting, perhaps more felt than seen. "Hmm, she sent a list? I guess that's a prerogative of an Imperial family, though I think the Deer will do as they think best once they have the chance, hmm?"

"I hope Seppun-sama's enjoyed the miai so far, at least? I'd guess today's interview was pretty easy for you."

Description

Kasumi

Post by Kasumi » Sat Aug 07, 2021 10:22 am

Kitsu Murato wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:52 pm

He smiled back at her. "I will be sure to do so next time I am offering prayers. And, yes, I am here for the miai. I hope that your night is going well. I know mine just improved."
Kasumi smiled. "Well, I am glad to be the bringer of good fortune then." She gave a small bow, while the parrot...snorted? Is that possible,

"Traveled from far away, oh noble Kitsu-san?"
Mantis * Tenkinja * Wealthy * Has a parrot * Gaudy getup

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Sat Aug 07, 2021 10:42 am

Kasumi wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 10:22 am
Kasumi smiled. "Well, I am glad to be the bringer of good fortune then." She gave a small bow, while the parrot...snorted? Is that possible,

"Traveled from far away, oh noble Kitsu-san?"
"Less than others," he says with a shake of his head. "The opposite side of Lion lands from the Lion-Deer border. It was not so bad a walk."

He smiles at her. "But judging from that exotic friend of yours, I would guess you've done a fair bit of traveling yourself to get here. What is your bird's name?"
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Sat Aug 07, 2021 1:15 pm

Kuni Yasu wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 5:58 am
Clouded night makes the contrast between pale face paint and dark eyes sharp, obscuring the much smaller bit of white within, so there was only a hint of gazes meeting, perhaps more felt than seen. "Hmm, she sent a list? I guess that's a prerogative of an Imperial family, though I think the Deer will do as they think best once they have the chance, hmm?"

"I hope Seppun-sama's enjoyed the miai so far, at least? I'd guess today's interview was pretty easy for you."
He nods, and takes a deep sigh, "I've been trained all my life to recite those names. Even being easy, I actually failed to understand the true purpose Shika-sama wanted to achieve and named one that should have been forgotten."
DescriptionTheme

Kasumi

Post by Kasumi » Sat Aug 07, 2021 2:33 pm

Kitsu Murato wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 10:42 am

"Less than others," he says with a shake of his head. "The opposite side of Lion lands from the Lion-Deer border. It was not so bad a walk."

He smiles at her. "But judging from that exotic friend of yours, I would guess you've done a fair bit of traveling yourself to get here. What is your bird's name?"
"Ah, I see." She nodded, without any understanding of actual geography. "Oh, I come from the high seas, riding the Rolling Thunder over the thundering waves of mysterious isles with mysterious birds with foul language." She nodded vigorously. "No name so far, when I asked what he wanted to be called...well, I wouldn't repeat it in polite company."
Mantis * Tenkinja * Wealthy * Has a parrot * Gaudy getup

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Sat Aug 07, 2021 2:47 pm

"Well, if you wanted to lean in and whisper it so as to not offend anyone else, I would not object. And you would merely be relaying your feathered friend's words so I would not hold that against you," he says with a smirk.
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen