(D2 EE) Two for a Secret, but Three for Luck

Walking paths thread their way through flower and tree
Kuni Yasu

(D2 EE) Two for a Secret, but Three for Luck

Post by Kuni Yasu » Thu Aug 05, 2021 3:19 am

(expecting but public space)

A small secret, Yasu couldn't get enough of all these verdant, green spaces. Even the functional fields and greenery of Hida lands were luxurious for one raised in the wastelands of the Kuni. Every time of day had its own elements, but the early evening, you could feel the cool rise off the planted areas and the night scents of dew and damp and night-blooming flowers rose to replace sun-warmed green and earth. Even with the small showers all day and clouds dimming the moon, she's out exploring. A little rain never killed anyone this far north.

She pauses before the trees, offering respect and keeping her natural awareness sharp, but not reaching out in communion. These were not her shrines or spirits, and it seemed rude to interfere in another's lands.
Crab * Purifier * Big Lady * Face Paint * Excellent Bloodlines * Unwealthy * Friendly
Honor is the Ideal * Glory: Unremarkable Retainer * Status: 30 * CP: 16

Commonly worn: Clothes!; wakizashi with crab tsuba; small knife; scroll satchel--tied closed with blue & brown kumihimo braid and dangling apricot pit netsuke; elaborately woven ribbon tying up her hair; a jade necklace carved into a Badger head, carved wooden charms of crab and moth looped around a wrist with lavender ribbon.

Description

Kitsu Murato

Re: (D2 EE) Two for a Secret, but Three for Luck

Post by Kitsu Murato » Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:00 am

In a distant part of the garden, a Lion sat in meditation once more. He was quiet and content in the moment, allowing himself to just be in the moment, releasing thoughts as they entered his mind, acknowledging them but not dwelling on them.

OOC: Enlightenment Passion
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Kasumi

Post by Kasumi » Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:03 am

Kasumi was walking through the garden, just observing things and people. Her eyes roamed towards the lone Lion. A smile crossed her lips, as she moved closer, and sat down next to him. She didn't say a word just yet. Her parrot, meanwhile, decided to fly off. Cause why the hell not?
Mantis * Tenkinja * Wealthy * Has a parrot * Gaudy getup

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:12 am

There had been a sound... he was almost about to release the thought acknowledging it but then he found himself considering that. Was there a sound or did he only think there was a sound? What was the nature of a sound anyway? Did it some how connect what caused it and what heard it? Why do sounds even exist in the first place? Who caused the sound? Wait... who did cause the sound?

His bright orange eyes open to see the Kasumi sitting next to him. "The last time I was meditating and someone just sat next to me, it was a middle aged monk with giant bushy eyebrows and he smelled strongly of the vinegar he used during his last meal. I see the hands of fate have been far more generous this time. I am Kitsu Murato, and it is a pleasure to meet you," he says, giving a pleasant smile, and a seated bow.
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Thu Aug 05, 2021 1:50 pm

Kuni Yasu wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 3:19 am
(expecting but public space)

A small secret, Yasu couldn't get enough of all these verdant, green spaces. Even the functional fields and greenery of Hida lands were luxurious for one raised in the wastelands of the Kuni. Every time of day had its own elements, but the early evening, you could feel the cool rise off the planted areas and the night scents of dew and damp and night-blooming flowers rose to replace sun-warmed green and earth. Even with the small showers all day and clouds dimming the moon, she's out exploring. A little rain never killed anyone this far north.

She pauses before the trees, offering respect and keeping her natural awareness sharp, but not reaching out in communion. These were not her shrines or spirits, and it seemed rude to interfere in another's lands.
Once again, Yuzu got lost in that winding garden. He could still see the castle and the gate to get outside, but the damned path never reached out there. He thinks once more in using his blade to chop down the bushes and go through, but that would be improper. At the other side of the small lake he notices the Kitsu and some other lady. He nearly smirks, but decorum also restraints him into doing so.

As he turns forward, the boy stops abruptly, nearly bumping into a tall figure that seemed to have appeared out of nowhere –– but that was in fact quite blended with the environment. Taking a step back and drawing breath of relief not to have caused a scene, he bows. "I was rude. Good evening. I hope Inari-kami has been kind."
Imperial • Bushi • Kuge • Governor • Blessed • Dangerous • Precocious
Honor: Honor Is the Ideal • Status: Chisei District Governor • Glory: Reputable Samurai
DescriptionTheme

Wears: Iron Sheath, Daisho, (No Knife from D13 on)
Outdoor Gear: Lacquered armor, Naginata, Traveling Pack
Indoor Gear: Sanctified robes

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:23 pm

Seppun Yuzu wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 1:50 pm
Once again, Yuzu got lost in that winding garden. He could still see the castle and the gate to get outside, but the damned path never reached out there. He thinks once more in using his blade to chop down the bushes and go through, but that would be improper. At the other side of the small lake he notices the Kitsu and some other lady. He nearly smirks, but decorum also restraints him into doing so.

As he turns forward, the boy stops abruptly, nearly bumping into a tall figure that seemed to have appeared out of nowhere –– but that was in fact quite blended with the environment. Taking a step back and drawing breath of relief not to have caused a scene, he bows. "I was rude. Good evening. I hope Inari-kami has been kind."
Yasu notes the voices, elsewhere in the gardens; distantly notes approaching footsteps, but doesn't really look until nearly run into. Turning, the stark white of her 'mask' almost floats in the air as dark clothing blends into the dark garden. The eye on her forehead isn't entirely discernible, becoming more of a void to match the dark eyes beneath. "Ah! No harm, I'd never have known if you hadn't spoken." Dark lips offer a smile, that looses some of its natural cheer when one can't see it mirrored in her eyes.

"But so late, yes, I've found favor with Inari a few times now. Hope you've done the same?" With a slight bow, she adds, "Kuni Yasu, apprentice to Kuni Mari, resident here for the festival," in introduction.
Crab * Purifier * Big Lady * Face Paint * Excellent Bloodlines * Unwealthy * Friendly
Honor is the Ideal * Glory: Unremarkable Retainer * Status: 30 * CP: 16

Commonly worn: Clothes!; wakizashi with crab tsuba; small knife; scroll satchel--tied closed with blue & brown kumihimo braid and dangling apricot pit netsuke; elaborately woven ribbon tying up her hair; a jade necklace carved into a Badger head, carved wooden charms of crab and moth looped around a wrist with lavender ribbon.

Description

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Thu Aug 05, 2021 3:03 pm

Kuni Yasu wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:23 pm
-snip-
"Hajimemashite!" The young boy says with another bow and presents himself, "Seppun Yuzu, Governor of Chisei. Please, treat me kindly."

Then, he straightens up and comments with a tiny shrug at the end, "Interesting that you mentioned festival. A good approach to it. I am also here to... eto... celebrate –– perhaps."
Imperial • Bushi • Kuge • Governor • Blessed • Dangerous • Precocious
Honor: Honor Is the Ideal • Status: Chisei District Governor • Glory: Reputable Samurai
DescriptionTheme

Wears: Iron Sheath, Daisho, (No Knife from D13 on)
Outdoor Gear: Lacquered armor, Naginata, Traveling Pack
Indoor Gear: Sanctified robes

Kasumi

Post by Kasumi » Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:47 pm

Kitsu Murato wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:12 am
There had been a sound... he was almost about to release the thought acknowledging it but then he found himself considering that. Was there a sound or did he only think there was a sound? What was the nature of a sound anyway? Did it some how connect what caused it and what heard it? Why do sounds even exist in the first place? Who caused the sound? Wait... who did cause the sound?

His bright orange eyes open to see the Kasumi sitting next to him. "The last time I was meditating and someone just sat next to me, it was a middle aged monk with giant bushy eyebrows and he smelled strongly of the vinegar he used during his last meal. I see the hands of fate have been far more generous this time. I am Kitsu Murato, and it is a pleasure to meet you," he says, giving a pleasant smile, and a seated bow.
Kasumi smiled, and bowed. "Kasumi, of the Rolling Thunder, of the Mantis. Well met Kitsu-sama." Her own green eyes looked him over, stopping at his orange ones.

Weird.

"Fate is mysterious in many ways. I am told. Here for the miai, I presume? Also, I dislike vineager, so that might be something to thank the fates for." She raised her hand to hide a smile, gold rings encircling her fingers.
Mantis * Tenkinja * Wealthy * Has a parrot * Gaudy getup

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:52 pm

Kasumi wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:47 pm
Kasumi smiled, and bowed. "Kasumi, of the Rolling Thunder, of the Mantis. Well met Kitsu-sama." Her own green eyes looked him over, stopping at his orange ones.

Weird.

"Fate is mysterious in many ways. I am told. Here for the miai, I presume? Also, I dislike vineager, so that might be something to thank the fates for." She raised her hand to hide a smile, gold rings encircling her fingers.
He smiled back at her. "I will be sure to do so next time I am offering prayers. And, yes, I am here for the miai. I hope that your night is going well. I know mine just improved."
Last edited by Kitsu Murato on Fri Aug 06, 2021 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:03 pm

Koi found herself wanting to spend more time on working the wooden deer she had been crafting today, she wanted to spend time carving each clan Mon into it delicately but she needed some fresh air.

Koi took her blanket, as much as she didn't want too and went back to the garden with a glower.

For a spell she sat, and worked under the Cedar trees mostly lost in her hobby simply happy existing and working on the Deer patiently.
Hobby Pursued. Recover 3 strife.
Moth Clan ★ Glory 44 ★ Honour 49 ★ Status 28 ★ Courtship Points 23 ★ Scent of Lilacs, Citrus oils and Almond ★

Update: Day 13. Koi is wearing a kimono in much higher quality, lilac in hues with green lunar moths and silver lanterns. She is wearing a jade green choker. She is wearing a katana that largely is peace tied, and at night has a very fine lantern. She is being followed at all times by a Shika Guard at a distances. She wears a fine wooden carved bracelet with the Moth Clan symbol on it.

Dangerous Allure ★ Wood working tools ★ Unsavoury Past ★ Shaking Hands ★ Anxiety Attacks ★ A Purple Choker with a wooden sphere of a Moth ★

Female ★ Actress ★ Vitiligo on the left eye ★ I'd never really found a place in the outside world, but had stayed away too long to fit in at home. ★ Wait so LongProfile