(D1, LM) Getting the Gang Together (Expecting)

Walking paths thread their way through flower and tree
Bayushi Mitsu

Re: (D1, LM) Getting the Gang Together (Expecting)

Post by Bayushi Mitsu » Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:25 pm

Mitsu stared at the trees for a moment further, but then just shivered and took another step back. "I can't sense anything... Perhaps it's the fourth of us, like you said." He glanced at Luixian. Straigtening up a bit - but still shifting back slightly - he fixed the set of his clothes officiously. "Of course, were there anything amiss, I'd have handled it. I know how to deal respectfully with the spirits, you know," he informed them.

(D1, LM) Investigating the spirits in the gardens - Meditation (Void) | TN: 2 | Success: 1 / Opportunity: 1 / Strife: 0
Image Image Image

"Now then. Bayushi Minae, I presume? It's a pleasure." He introduced himself, then looked from the newcomer back to Luixian. "And Shosuro-san's gardening technique? I've been on the receiving end of that before," he advised, rubbing his upper arm absently. "Of course, these days I expect I could take the both of you on myself!" he boasted.
Scorpion Clan ❖ Retainer
Glory: 46 ❖ Honor: 30 ❖ Status: 35
Carries: fine clothing, deep burgundy full face mask with gold trim, dark steel daisho with burgundy wrappings
“Right isn’t always right.”

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:50 pm

Yes, gardening. Let's all talk about the Shosuro stereotype while one is standing right here.

Hikimasu laughed slightly, but didn't add in. Hen knew he'd been mentioned, but he wasn't being addressed.

Moving off to the side, he wanted to keep out of the way, but his eyes watched too much.
Shosuro Hikimasu
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Soldier • Dead Fish Eyes • Friend of Yūdaina

Honor: 41 Status: 35 Glory: 44
Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description
"Fulfillment is just another form of arrogance."

Bayushi Luixian

Post by Bayushi Luixian » Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:11 pm

Bayushi Minae wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:21 pm
Minae grins at Luixian.

"Oh so? If Shosuro-san breaks out his gardening skills, might he not decide that you're a bit overgrown, Bayushi-san? He might have to break out his strongest pair of clippers." she said, her voice rich with humor at the idea....which was a nice ward against the creepiness.
She snorted. "If anyone is a bit overgrown of this bunch here, it would have to be you. Have Shosuro-san here trim down a bit on your pompousness, ni?" It was said teasingly in much the same way that Minae's had been spoken.
Bayushi Mitsu wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:25 pm
"And Shosuro-san's gardening technique? I've been on the receiving end of that before," he advised, rubbing his upper arm absently. "Of course, these days I expect I could take the both of you on myself!" he boasted.
"Been on the receiving end and survived? Should consider yourself lucky no doubt."

Then her gaze turned to the Shosuro in question.

"Where ya going, Shosuro-san? Stop moving away and start moving closer. You're as much part of this as any of us are. I'd drag you back in myself but as much as I tease the last thing I want to do is have someone get truly upset because I touched them or was manhandling a cousin."
Scorpion ~ Bushi ~ Blunt ~ Large Stature ~ Blessed Lineage ~ Pet Quail ~ Kitsu Heritage
Glory: 44 ~ Honor: 40 ~ Status: 45
Has: Oni mask, Daisho, Pet Quail,
Wishes she could wear: Lacquered armor, Otsuchi
Profile/Description

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:30 pm

"Touching won't be necessary, you're all quite too impeccable for further gardening", he said, chuckling nervously.
Shosuro Hikimasu

Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description

Bayushi Mitsu

Post by Bayushi Mitsu » Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:58 pm

Bayushi Minae wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:21 pm
"Speaking of plotting..." Mitsu straightened his clothes again a bit more calmly and looked over towards Minae. "I noticed there are several samurai from the Topaz Championship here; one even had a problem with his travel papers."

He paused to let the moment linger.

"I recall that you also attended the championship."
Scorpion Clan ❖ Retainer
Glory: 46 ❖ Honor: 30 ❖ Status: 35
Carries: fine clothing, deep burgundy full face mask with gold trim, dark steel daisho with burgundy wrappings
“Right isn’t always right.”

Bayushi Minae

Post by Bayushi Minae » Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:16 pm

Minae looks shocked, positively shocked at the news.

"Awww, Hiroto-san had trouble with his paperwork did he? Such a shame. That seems to be a running theme with him having trouble with paperwork whenever the Crane...or their descendants of the Crane, the Deer offer him their hospitality." she says with mock sympathy.

"Then again, perhaps he's very lucky. Not many can say that Kakita Toshimoko personally humiliated them in a duel and are still alive."
Scorpion Clan *Duelist * Miai Candidate

"Oh my, however did that get there?"

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:52 pm

Hikimasu thought that odd.

"Another crane vouched for.his honor at the gates. A.blind woman."
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Bayushi Minae

Post by Bayushi Minae » Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:17 pm

Shosuro Hikimasu wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:52 pm
Hikimasu thought that odd.

"Another crane vouched for.his honor at the gates. A.blind woman."
Minae shrugs a bit.

"What can I tell you, Shosuro-san? The Crane are not a hive-mind. I can vouch that most of the Crane in Tsuma do not like Hiroto, I cannot claim that ALL the Crane in Tsuma dislike Hiroto."

She grinned a bit.

"Well, I could claim that, but not even Shosuro-san would believe it."
Scorpion Clan *Duelist * Miai Candidate

"Oh my, however did that get there?"

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:42 pm

"Doesn't matter, she did it to interrupt me, not to be helpful to him "
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Bayushi Luixian

Post by Bayushi Luixian » Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:40 am

"You going to do anything to remind her not to interrupt you again then?" She glanced to the Shosuro then away.

"And since it's us and we rarely don't have anything going on behind the scenes then I ask if there's anything extra I need to be doing with my time other than drinking away my memory of being here."
Scorpion ~ Bushi ~ Blunt ~ Large Stature ~ Blessed Lineage ~ Pet Quail ~ Kitsu Heritage
Glory: 44 ~ Honor: 40 ~ Status: 45
Has: Oni mask, Daisho, Pet Quail,
Wishes she could wear: Lacquered armor, Otsuchi
Profile/Description