[D1 MA] River Dogs Loose in the Garden

Walking paths thread their way through flower and tree
Susaki Tanabe

[D1 MA] River Dogs Loose in the Garden

Post by Susaki Tanabe » Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:14 pm

(Expecting but it's a public place)

Susaki wanted to get a look at these big ol trees that people kept talking about. Well a closer look at least since trees that big could be seen from pretty far away.

With the morning full of gifts and Clan champions and introductions and some training beside it wasn't until halfway through the afternoon when he finally got the chance to make it to the gardens. The large Otter stands at the base of the tree looking up at it a slight amount of awe at the sheer size of the thing.
Otter Clan * sumai * large * yojimbo * loud * musician?
Honor: 49 Glory: 35 Status: 22 CP: 26
Carries: travelling clothes, daisho, a jade braclet
When allowed: ashigaru armor, tekken.

Usogawa Narumi

Re: [D1 MA] River Dogs Loose in the Garden

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:24 pm

Dressed in river dog browns and bright blues, Narumi decided the gardens would be a relaxing way to spend the afternoon- the overcast sky was much appreciated, so she didn't have to be out in the strain of the shining sun.
She spots the large yojimbo, and paints a smile upon her lips, though this one comes easier than most have. Her pace leads her over to him, and the large tree which has his attention.
"Striking, isn't it, Susaki-san?"
Otter clan • Subtle Observer, Cynic • romantic but shady • apprentice nakodo
Glory 40 | Honor 27 | Status 22 | Description | Courtship Points 22

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.
D10+: A netsuke of a tanuki appears hooked over her obi at her left hip.
Also D10+: sports a split lower lip.
D12+: bruising across the back of both hands

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:50 pm

And with the addition of Emiko, a third Otter made their way to the garden. The little Otter hummed a tune with a smile on her face and bowed as she approached her kin.

"Mina-san, good afternoon! I hope you are all well?"
Otter Clan * Kuge * Heir * Courtier * Dancer * Musician * Very Pretty(Dangerous Allure) * Clumsy * Profile
Courtship points: ?
Equipment: Fan, pretty clothes, makeup/perfume, pillowbooks (sometimes), Tea set (sometimes), Flute (sometimes), odd looking stringed instrument (sometimes)

Susaki Tanabe

Post by Susaki Tanabe » Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:00 am

Usogawa Narumi wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:24 pm
Dressed in river dog browns and bright blues, Narumi decided the gardens would be a relaxing way to spend the afternoon- the overcast sky was much appreciated, so she didn't have to be out in the strain of the shining sun.
She spots the large yojimbo, and paints a smile upon her lips, though this one comes easier than most have. Her pace leads her over to him, and the large tree which has his attention.
"Striking, isn't it, Susaki-san?"
Tanabe himself was in a brown kimono that was just barely too small for him but it didn't look awful, mainly it just emphasized how big he was. The large Otter nodded as he heard Narumi's words and turned to see her. His eyes lit up brightly as if seeing a long lost friend "Ah Usogawa-san! How are you today? I saww you last night at the sake house but was already talking to some people." he smiled at her brightly.
Usogawa Emiko wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:50 pm
And with the addition of Emiko, a third Otter made their way to the garden. The little Otter hummed a tune with a smile on her face and bowed as she approached her kin.

"Mina-san, good afternoon! I hope you are all well?"
The brightness of his expression redoubled as Emiko approached but was then reined in a little "Emiko-sama! I was wondering if I would have to track you down today but it seems you saved me the trouble!"

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:05 pm

Emiko received a respectfully deep bow from Narumi, held for several moments, though when she rose she was smiling with an ease she'd not truly felt since arriving at this miai. "To be among family is a true gift, it's a pleasure to see you, Usogawa-sama,"
with that, her gaze shifted to the large Otter, and she chuckled, "It was a chaotic table! I didn't get a chance to talk with Yasuki Jin-san, either, so I'll have to catch him again at some point in short order."
She regarded Tanabe, and somehow he gave off the impression he was always about to hug her... which was both imposing and desirable in a purely platonic manner.

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:37 pm

"Please, just Emiko. We're all friends and kin here" Emiko said with a smile to Narumi, then she chuckled and looked up at Tanabe.

"I'm so small you didn't even notice me Tanabe-san!"

She drew closer, a warm smile on her face.

"It's good to see you're both well, and enjoying the miai so far I hope? What's this about a chaotic table?"
Otter Clan * Kuge * Heir * Courtier * Dancer * Musician * Very Pretty(Dangerous Allure) * Clumsy * Profile
Equipment: Fan, pretty clothes, makeup/perfume, pillowbooks (sometimes), Tea set (sometimes), Flute (sometimes), odd looking stringed instrument (sometimes)

Susaki Tanabe

Post by Susaki Tanabe » Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:42 am

Tanabe shrugged his ever present smile still on his lips "oh nothing just a crowded table at a sake house. I noticed Narumi-san as she walked in, she'd be hard to miss after all." He said grinning to the other Otter "but with so many at the table we never got the chance to talk." He turned toward Narumi "glad that's getting fixed though."

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Thu Aug 05, 2021 12:12 pm

She nodded to Emiko, and raised a brow at Tanabe and his grin. It was good to be with her cousins again, "Oh hai, the miai so far has been quite the event! I've been socializing, of course, feeling things out, as it were... So many minor clans here!"

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:51 pm

"There are many, which is wonderful" Emiko nodded, smiling "although most here have been quite welcoming, if entirely clueless about who we are. Not a surprise I suppose, the Otter are small and unless you live near a river you may never come across one of us, let alone three."