[D1: LN: Open] A Dream within a Dream

Walking paths thread their way through flower and tree
Kaikoga Koi

[D1: LN: Open] A Dream within a Dream

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:59 pm

Koi couldn't sleep, it simply wasn't meant to be at least not this night. She has always enjoyed her ability as a Moth Clan, and the responsibly to observe Yume-do and protect it where she could. She took this single role seriously, and in all that she does, in every breath her duty is to understand and to protect those that do not know anything about the realm of dreams and Baku spirits. The only downside to being one of her clan is that sleep comes quickly but easily disruptive, often meaning that once she was awake she'd find it hard to drift off again immediately.

The Moth train your mind to know if you are dreaming or awake, and to be able to distinguish those factors the best you possibly can so should you require it you can immediately make a report of what you witnessed - though it's not always perfect, and fantastical or nightmares can lead to questionable results by the less trained.

Still, it meant that she could at least do her studies in quiet and in usually peace except for the uneducated guard. The Moth rose from her bed, and changed into slightly thicker clothes of simple lilac hues and silver moons. Fetching a lantern that she always carried with her, a small wooden lantern made from spruce carved with wooden shutters that allow light to emit through small holes on the side that took the shape of Moths, except the cardinal directions that allowed the full light to be emitted. She took her katana with her, a fine piece made in the colours of her clan decorated with whimsical masks used for acting in decoration - just in case as well as a travelling blanket to sit on.

The Moth rose from her chambers, quiet not to disturb those around her that might be sleeping and descended into the city of the deer before the breaking of dawn. Once she had stepped outside of the Inn, being respectful to Cat-sama just in case they also were taking a cat nap she lit her lantern and began her walk through the city in quiet. Koi was not dodging guards like someone that might climb roofs, or those hiding in dark allies but she was not going to make herself as apparent target for continued interrogation by some average Joe guard.

Sticking out of sight, and less travelled roads she made her way towards the garden within the Castle progressing slowly the lantern bobbing as she walked emitting a low and rather atmospherically spooky mood lighting. She was vigilant as she walked, keeping the light as out of the way as possible and waited to feel that pin prickle of hair rising, the coldness of breath, the scent of ozone all the things she recalls that are signs from the realm of Yume-do and anything related to that field of knowledge.

As she prowled, she felt a poem drift into her head that her Father said to her on their first adventure into the realm of Yume-do even as she remained prepared for anything.

Bring me all of your dreams,
You dreamer,
Bring me all your
Heart melodies
That I may wrap them
In a blue cloud-cloth
Away from the too-rough fingers
Of the world.
Moth Clan ★ Glory 44 ★ Honour 49 ★ Status 28 ★ Courtship Points 23 ★ Scent of Lilacs, Citrus oils and Almond ★

Update: Day 13. Koi is wearing a kimono in much higher quality, lilac in hues with green lunar moths and silver lanterns. She is wearing a jade green choker. She is wearing a katana that largely is peace tied, and at night has a very fine lantern. She is being followed at all times by a Shika Guard at a distances. She wears a fine wooden carved bracelet with the Moth Clan symbol on it.

Dangerous Allure ★ Wood working tools ★ Unsavoury Past ★ Shaking Hands ★ Anxiety Attacks ★ A Purple Choker with a wooden sphere of a Moth ★

Female ★ Actress ★ Vitiligo on the left eye ★ I'd never really found a place in the outside world, but had stayed away too long to fit in at home. ★ Wait so LongProfile

Saibankan

Re: [D1: LN: Open] A Dream within a Dream

Post by Saibankan » Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:02 am

The gardens had an eerie calm to them at this hour. The overhead cloud cover made it quite difficult to see without a source of one's own light. But if there were any late-night hookups, they'd already done the walk of shame home. There was the occasional guard, though much to Koi's relief, not that guard, and the occasional servant. The guards weren't very numerous, mostly looking out for accidental fires rather than inspecting some sort of invasion. The odd servant up were either around to deal with...well the odd samurai who were up at this hour, or were already starting their day of labor, for example getting breakfast going in the inn's kitchen.

But that had little to do with Koi. Just the dark outlines of the garden, and the gentle rustling of leaves as the breeze pushed by.
Non-Human * Gamemaster * Headmaster of Hope's Peak Academy * Mastermind

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:40 am

Koi simply enjoyed the late night scents and smells as the city slowly began to start again. A cycle that repeats itself, never ending. She wished she had brought some onigiri.

Once she knew that she was going to not be disturbed she began to roam the garden holding the lantern aloft, allowing her eyes to scan the old trees and other plants.

She remembered a song her Sensi had taught her when she was younger, a song of the Dreamweavers and she felt the memories of the song curl into her lungs as she searched for hidden spirits of dreams that walked about still hoping to draw them to her.
From the mound of my kin,
I pulled up the words
Dug the songs
up from the earth
Wondrous tunes
rode the winds
Wardens of fate
bid me visit,
bid me view,
my own thread,
in the web of fate

The loom is set
with threats of fate
Mighty rhymes,
strengthen bonds
Whirlwinds,
bound into spirits
Life and fortune
bred by their words..

On behalf of my child, I offer gifts
So none are weaving with ill will
By stick, stone and sorcerous distaff
They spin your fate without ill intent...
Koi did not sing as powerfully as she could but she put her mind into her words, her intention into the words allowing the to flow and float freely giving it a haunting feel in the late night.

D1; LN. Alluring Song. Air/Performance + Void | TN: 2 | Success: 2 / Opportunity: 1 / Strife: 2

Takes the 2 strife. Opportunity used to make the song more alluring.
Moth Clan ★ Glory 44 ★ Honour 49 ★ Status 28 ★ Courtship Points 23 ★ Scent of Lilacs, Citrus oils and Almond ★

Update: Day 13. Koi is wearing a kimono in much higher quality, lilac in hues with green lunar moths and silver lanterns. She is wearing a jade green choker. She is wearing a katana that largely is peace tied, and at night has a very fine lantern. She is being followed at all times by a Shika Guard at a distances. She wears a fine wooden carved bracelet with the Moth Clan symbol on it.

Dangerous Allure ★ Wood working tools ★ Unsavoury Past ★ Shaking Hands ★ Anxiety Attacks ★ A Purple Choker with a wooden sphere of a Moth ★

Female ★ Actress ★ Vitiligo on the left eye ★ I'd never really found a place in the outside world, but had stayed away too long to fit in at home. ★ Wait so LongProfile

Saibankan

Post by Saibankan » Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:10 am

The quiet song of the moth fades into the still of the night. For a breath or two, the quiet returns.

But then, a song that is not her own in a much deeper timbre reaches her ears.

"I am a moth.....Who just wants to share your light.....

I'm just an insect.....trying to get out of the night.....

I only stick with you.....

Because there are no others....

You are all I need.....

You are all I need...."

Koi could not see the singer, but the song seemed to be getting louder....and hungrier.

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:42 am

Koi did not even miss a beat, she moved, relocated herself as she heard the song reply and she was aware of what might come to her.

She moved quickly and as quietly as she could through the Garden, lantern rised and hand resting on her Katana. She knew where she wanted to be before this creature arrived, and she hauled ass to reach it.

She positioned herself nearest to the ponds which she had grown familiar with, but underneath the cedar trees still expecting a spirit of dreams to have answered her call however she is aware that they aren't always good.

Once the Moth got into her position lowering her body as low to the ground she could without laying on it, she readied her katana the one given to her by June and half drew the blade praying to the Kami for strength and protection.

[D1: LN] Trying to hide. Air/Fitness. | TN: 1 | Success: 0 / Opportunity: 1 / Strife: 0

Using opportunity to hug as close to the Cedars as possible.

Saibankan

Post by Saibankan » Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:47 am

In her rush of movement, Koi heard little but plants slapping against her, but she could still hear the sinister tune:

"Da da da da da......

Hm hm hm hm hm....

Da da da da da...

Hm hm hm hm hm"

As she held fast by the cedar, she could still not hear the source of the song....but slowly...slowly it started to fade until the quiet of the garden returned.

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:10 am

Koi did not move from her position under the cedar tree, in fact she even solidified her position. She sat, and waited holding her breath as just waiting for it to strike like a shark.

She kept scanning the area. "What was that?" She frowned, chewing her lip.

Saibankan

Post by Saibankan » Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:19 am

Kaikoga Koi wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:10 am
Koi did not move from her position under the cedar tree, in fact she even solidified her position. She sat, and waited holding her breath as just waiting for it to strike like a shark.

She kept scanning the area. "What was that?" She frowned, chewing her lip.
The quiet of the garden offered no clue. She could not see anything that could have produced such a sound, nor could she hear anything amiss.

Shika Nesshin

Post by Shika Nesshin » Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:22 pm

A quiet voice behind her will say "Kaikoga-san, what brings you out so late?"

Nesshin is there, having approached nearly silently, dressed simply. "Or was I simply not the only one who couldn't sleep tonight?"
Kaikoga nee Shika Nesshin
Male Deer Clan Gamekeeper / Security Personnel
Glory 42; Honor 36; Status 41
Profile here: http://kyudenshika.fallenash.com/viewto ... 80&start=4
Normally in traveling clothes with a blue-and-gold obi, carrying a wakizashi, a fancy damned fan, and an omamori; carries a tsunoyari outside, too; carries a tsunoyari and wears ashigaru armor on watch, too; has trinkets, etc. at most times

Starting D1, has a silver and purple ribbon tied to his obi, as well.
D9, has a broom in hand and bandages on his hands.
D10-12, has a small whisk broom also thrust through his obi.
D11+, has a second fan.

Playful, irrepressibly flirtatious, blessed by Benten, blessed in lineage. Often smells of cedar.

Courtship Points: 31

"You look lost. Let me show you the way to something nice."

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:57 pm

Koi emitted a noise that somewhere, off the coast of some far island of Mantis lands a dophile is confused as what the kami was the noise that could be heard.

She lifted a good three inches off the ground as she started, her katana drawing as Shika drew nearer the blade beautifully designed in the lantern light...not a blade made from a Crane though.

"Oh, by the beard of Osano-wo Shika-san!" She exclaimed resisting the urge to punch him in his stupid, scaring face as she exhaled.

"Ah, its a bit complicated at this time. Stay vigilant for me." She said flustered, placing a travel blanket down and unrolled it revealing a travel pack.. "I don't know if we are alone, stay close to the cedar trees. Something dark is out there but my eyes can no see it, and I do not know if it is from the realm of Yume-do or another." She said seriously, as she began to fumble through her bag she carried with her trying to find some small red posies flowers from a pillow book that she carried with her.

"Did you hear the song?" She said, her eyes wide and alert. Koi was deadly serious as she spoke, no flirtation or playfulness this was serious Koi, and in the moonlight the vitiligo made Koi look particularly spooky.