(D1, LE) Musical Evening

Walking paths thread their way through flower and tree
Kitsu Murato

Re: (D1, LE) Musical Evening

Post by Kitsu Murato » Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:29 pm

"Is that a promise?" he asked, meeting her eyes. "One that comes with vilolin music?" He definitely had to be saying that wrong.

"Or are you trying to say you will arrange to have me sent off with the Mantis?" He chuckled at that. "Because there are worse fates I imagine. Like spending the rest of ones life with me. A person might go mad from that."
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:39 pm

"Depends what the letter say, ne?" Emiko brought a hand up to cover a laugh remembering the earlier play "I don't think Kitsu-sama should be so harsh to himself. He seems like a very caring and wonderful person, and someone will be very blessed to spend their life with him."
Otter Clan * Kuge * Heir * Courtier * Dancer * Musician * Very Pretty(Dangerous Allure) * Clumsy * Profile
Courtship points: ?
Equipment: Fan, pretty clothes, makeup/perfume, pillowbooks (sometimes), Tea set (sometimes), Flute (sometimes), odd looking stringed instrument (sometimes)

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:47 pm

"We'll have to communicate a bit more clearly than they did then," he says with a smile. "Make sure we don't end up having to go all the way across the empire just to meet up."
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:38 am

"The Otter do sail across the Empire, can't promise that unless you join us from the start of the voyage" Emiko said with a smile "we'll have to see, ne? There are some who are determined to remain within their own clan, and others who are looking forward with no expectations. "
Otter Clan * Kuge * Heir * Courtier * Dancer * Musician * Very Pretty(Dangerous Allure) * Clumsy * Profile
Equipment: Fan, pretty clothes, makeup/perfume, pillowbooks (sometimes), Tea set (sometimes), Flute (sometimes), odd looking stringed instrument (sometimes)

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:23 am

"The fates of individuals are tied and influenced by others. The only expectation I have is that I will end up betrothed at the end of the miai. I don't know what the circumstances will be, but that is just part of this opportunity. I can honestly say that if it were to be with you, whether in the Lion or the Otter, I would consider myself to have been wonderfully blessed by Musabi," he says with a warm smile. "And even if with someone else, there would be a curiosity about what a life filled with your music would be like. So I do hope to continue sharing moments like these with you, and to continue knowing you."

His eyes expressed a desire. Not a carnal or base desire, but one that seemed born out of curiosity and interest. There was obviously a physical attraction he held for her, the way he continued to make regular eye contact. He also gave occasional glances to other features like her hair, her hands, her neck... but always back to her eyes.

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:47 pm

Emiko considered correcting parts; she wouldn't leave the Otter, her position made it so, but it wouldn't help the situation. So she smiled and nodded.

"Thank you Kitsu-sama. I can't say my life will always be filled with music though, there are times where I have to help sail the ships after all" she chuckled "and important meetings. However, if it were with you I'm sure it would be an enjoyable life. Still, there are many people here at the miai that are interesting too! Although if you have set your heart on the river life the Otter welcome all who will help us grow."

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:40 pm

He chuckled at that. "I am sure," he replied. "But I am not one to just run off and join another clan without cause. Duty and loyalty tend to trump personal desires in my experience."

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:28 pm

"I should hope not. That wouldn't be good at all" Emiko nodded with a small frown "no matter how I felt about someone, the Otter would be most important. I'm glad Kitsu-sama is sensible."

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:58 pm

"Only mostly sensible. Need to allow our hearts to guide us a little bit, now and then. Otherwise we risk missing out on the things that might make us happy," he says warmly. "And I would like to know happiness in my life."

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:58 pm

"Hai, but one should be careful they don't allow the heart to guide too much" Emiko said, picking up the box with her violin in "but I don't think I need to say that. Forgive me, I don't mean to dampen the evening. Maybe I'm just feeling tired."