(D1, LE) Musical Evening

Walking paths thread their way through flower and tree
Kitsu Murato

Re: (D1, LE) Musical Evening

Post by Kitsu Murato » Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:26 am

"Well, I understand why bringing it with you might have been uncomfortable, but I am glad you did," he reassured her. "It's something unique and I appreciate the chance to listen to it."

Again he provides minimal accompaniment, but this time gets to watch. His orange eyes dancing along the strings with the bow before finding her own eyes and meeting them with a warm smile.

When the song eventually finished he leaned closer so he could speak quieter. "I find that the expression shared while having fun is the most beautiful, because it is so vibrant even when we try to subdue it. You can see the joy playing behind the eyes. I love that you have shared it with me."
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:53 pm

Emiko clearly had gotten lost in the music, her eyes closing and a smile on her face. So as it finished and her eyes opened, she met his and blushed slightly at his words, not able to hide it quickly enough with the instrument where it was.

"Ah...thank you Kitsu-sama. Your words are very nice" she bowed to him "I love to perform. To play instruments, or dance, or act. It's part of the Otter way of life and it's something I embrace with both hands."
Otter Clan * Kuge * Heir * Courtier * Dancer * Musician * Very Pretty(Dangerous Allure) * Clumsy * Profile
Courtship points: ?
Equipment: Fan, pretty clothes, makeup/perfume, pillowbooks (sometimes), Tea set (sometimes), Flute (sometimes), odd looking stringed instrument (sometimes)

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Wed Aug 04, 2021 4:01 pm

"That is clear," he says with a nod. "I assume that days and nights on the river are relatively full of music when you are around? Everyone gathering to listen to those with the inclination to perform?"
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Wed Aug 04, 2021 4:30 pm

Emiko chuckled, shaking her head.

"I do perform a lot, but I don't think many gather to listen to me. The Usogawa are performers, and there are many far better than I am. Still, I'm young and I can improve more. Especially in regards to acting or performing."
Otter Clan * Kuge * Heir * Courtier * Dancer * Musician * Very Pretty(Dangerous Allure) * Clumsy * Profile
Equipment: Fan, pretty clothes, makeup/perfume, pillowbooks (sometimes), Tea set (sometimes), Flute (sometimes), odd looking stringed instrument (sometimes)

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Wed Aug 04, 2021 4:51 pm

"We all have room to grow here," he says with a nod. "Some more than others. But this festival is about growing in a way, with all the budding relationships. Connections taking root and our social circles branching."

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:12 pm

"This is true" Emiko nodded with a smile "growing, then reborn into a new life ne? I try not to wonder what the future will hold and just ride with the wave, but it's tough not to think about it. Who you might end up with, what might happen."

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:20 pm

"I try to just figure out where and why I belong anywhere personally. Think more on my current state than past or future. That is where everything is anyway. Memories are for the past, hope the future, but we actually feel in the present," he says with a nod.

"But you are right, it doesn't stop the mind wandering." He smiles at that.

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:26 pm

"And where does Kitsu-sama think he should belong? It's only the first day, but Kitsu-sama strikes me as a person that thinks head. I wouldn't be surprised if he has planned everything out already!" Emiko said with a laugh

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:52 pm

"I have a grand design. The first step is meeting people, the second is to have the Shika pass judgement, the third is to have a betrothed, and the fourth is something that would cause most people to blush if they spoke or heard about it in public," he says. "But four steps is about all I can manage. Anymore and I may mess up the steps. Wouldn't want to accidentally skip to step four... would we?" His tone and expression were playful, and he was definitely teasing her, right?

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:20 pm

Emiko brought a hand up to cover a giggle.

"I don't know, I think skipping step three would be the bigger sin in all of this, ne? So Kitsu-sama hasn't considered what he wants in a bethrothal? Not set his eyes on some lovely man or woman already after one day? If you're not careful you might end up stuck on a boat for the rest of your life."