(D1, LE) Musical Evening

Walking paths thread their way through flower and tree
Kitsu Murato

Re: (D1, LE) Musical Evening

Post by Kitsu Murato » Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:01 pm

He nods. "Am I allowed to peek now?" he asks, having honestly kept his eyes closed. "You play beautifully, but it is a shame to not be able to enjoy your eyes alongside your music. It's a bit like having a moon without stars."
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:17 pm

Emiko frowned. She really shouldn't have brought it.

I guess I don't really have a choice...

"The instrument is...gaijin, Kitsu-sama. I was hoping that you could enjoy listening to it, rather than judging the instrument on it's gaijin look."
Otter Clan * Kuge * Heir * Courtier * Dancer * Musician * Very Pretty(Dangerous Allure) * Clumsy * Profile
Courtship points: ?
Equipment: Fan, pretty clothes, makeup/perfume, pillowbooks (sometimes), Tea set (sometimes), Flute (sometimes), odd looking stringed instrument (sometimes)

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:48 pm

He didn't open his eyes quite yet.

"If I judged by appearances, I would not try to help lost or tormented spirits as often as I do," he said with a smile. "But I don't find it difficult to appreciate their life or help them seek peace even when they have visages of terror. Things not of our world do not upset me just because they are not of our world. And an instrument only has the potential to create something enjoyable."
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:02 pm

Emiko looked slightly confused at that.

"Ano...I understand your duty is important, and helping those who have not passed on move on is very important for their souls. Is this the same as accepting objects from outside the borders of the Empire? As was explained to me when I was younger, these things are generally frowned upon especially by high society."
Otter Clan * Kuge * Heir * Courtier * Dancer * Musician * Very Pretty(Dangerous Allure) * Clumsy * Profile
Equipment: Fan, pretty clothes, makeup/perfume, pillowbooks (sometimes), Tea set (sometimes), Flute (sometimes), odd looking stringed instrument (sometimes)

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:14 pm

"It is the same in that some spirits do not originate from within our borders," he clarified. "Some do not even originate from Ningen-do. This is certainly rare, but it is not something that stops me from helping if able."

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:40 pm

Emiko didn't see these as the same, but she didn't want to argue against the man. It would spoil the evening.

"As you say Kitsu-sama, my apology" she bowed "I did not wish to offend, so I took precautions. I hope it doesn't sour the evening of playing music?"

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:33 pm

"Of course not," he says. "Next time I meet a gaijin ghost I'll let them know I've heard one of these instruments." He smiled at her.

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:06 pm

Emiko chuckled at that.

"It's pronounced vi-oh-lin if that helps."

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:55 pm

"Vi-lo-lin," he said, but can't shake the feeling he had said it wrong. "Well, it's a beautiful sounding instrument. And even if it is a gaijin creation, I'd be willing to bet you can make better use of it."

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:10 am

"Thank you" Emiko bowed "I don't think I had ever seen or heard one before, and first time I heard it I felt the music deep into my soul."

She brought it up to her neck again and played another song.