[D0, EN] Yume-do and Fate are Jerks (Expecting)

Walking paths thread their way through flower and tree
Shosuro Hikimasu

Re: [D0, EN] Yume-do and Fate are Jerks (Expecting)

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:29 pm

He still hadn't advanced much to her, he was hanging in the shadow of the tree just barely, away from the moonlight, enjoying seeing her move in it. He really ought to stop staring, but he hoped being in the darkness would hide that a little longer at least.

"Well...I think, building fame would be helpful to that, or...", he thought about it. "The problem isn't that it's a foreign instrument, it's that people think it is. So if you introduce it as your own invention, it would be rokugani then. A problem is only a problem if people see it as one, isn't that right?"

Well, that was the perfect advice from someone who won't stop hiding in a shadow, isn't it?
Shosuro Hikimasu
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Soldier • Dead Fish Eyes • Friend of Yūdaina

Honor: 41 Status: 35 Glory: 44
Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description
"Fulfillment is just another form of arrogance."

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:33 pm

"Wouldn't that be stealing from the pepole that created it though? It would be a really poor thing to do for someone in my position, and I know my father would be against it" Emiko shook her head "it may make it more acceptable but it would be dishonest."

She looked up from the ground at Hikimasu again.

"Thank you though Shosuro-san. Perhaps one day I can use my influence to make it acceptable instead."
Otter Clan * Kuge * Heir * Courtier * Dancer * Musician * Very Pretty(Dangerous Allure) * Clumsy * Profile
Courtship points: ?
Equipment: Fan, pretty clothes, makeup/perfume, pillowbooks (sometimes), Tea set (sometimes), Flute (sometimes), odd looking stringed instrument (sometimes)

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:38 pm

Dishonesty is a currency in Rokugan, though.

But even as he thought that, he felt a sting from her words. Still, there was a perspective missing from her view, but he could attack that later.

"Maybe some day you will, how did you get the instrument anyway?"
Shosuro Hikimasu

Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:44 pm

"Well, in a trade of course. An instrument for an instrument with special traders that my clan met. It was fun to meet them as well, although I couldn't understand a word they said" Emiko said with a chuckle "they danced, they played music. It was like they had no duty at all, entirely devoted to going whereever and doing whatever. Such a strange life but they said they've walked it for millenia."

She shrugged.

"I don't know if I believe it, but they seemed truthful."
Otter Clan * Kuge * Heir * Courtier * Dancer * Musician * Very Pretty(Dangerous Allure) * Clumsy * Profile
Equipment: Fan, pretty clothes, makeup/perfume, pillowbooks (sometimes), Tea set (sometimes), Flute (sometimes), odd looking stringed instrument (sometimes)

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:49 pm

"I don't see why it's hard to believe, Shinjo's children rode with her for hundreds of years beyond the Empire, apparently she gave birth to horses or something", he pondered that a moment, too much and shook his head.

"There are wanderers in every society, your people ride the rivers, never really settling down either, isn't that right?"

Oh my, that's at least five sentences in a row I haven't caused myself emotional damage, I'm very worried as to what comes next.
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:20 pm

"Hai exactly. We don't have land, we don't really have anywhere to settle. The rivers are our home and we travel place to place. It's quite an exciting life at times, although if you can't swim it's usually not a great one" Emiko said with a small laugh "but hai, the story of the Unicorn is a good example of it. Maybe the Unicorn met these people too in their lives? Maybe they travelled together..."

She looked thoughtful for a few moments before smiling.

"Thank you Shosuro-san. I hadn't really considered it before, now I'm feeling more hopeful for the future. Although I should consider the present, ne? Would you like another song?"

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:29 pm

"Yes, if you don't mind", he answered steadily, being sure that was all he said. Hikimasu stepped out of the tree shadow and found himself a spot on the bench to watch from. He wished he had something to play for her in return. Being a Shosuro he was schooled in performing arts, he wasn't amazing, but he hadn't thought to ask his mother to bring one of her instruments.
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:44 pm

There was a smile and a nod, before she brought the flute to her lips and began to play a lovely tune. Her eyes stayed open this time, looking at the Scorpion as she played to see if he enjoyed it. Even if he was hard to read with that mask on.

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:57 pm

Stress.

Not the music, it was marvelous, peaceful, made him think of wind sweeping an open field he'd want to gallop through on Yūdaina's back.

No, he tried his best to meet her eyes. He owed that for her efforts, he was getting a private performance from a kind, beautiful woman, at least he saw her that way. He'd like to know more, though.

Wasn't it possible she simply enjoyed performing, though? Probably nothing special to her.

Stess, meeting those blue eyes in the moonlight, he thought he'd have to wipe night sweat from his brow, his mask feeling like an oppressive weight.

But he didn't look away as the minutes passed. He was still, too self-conscious to let go and feel the music, too driven to not show something, even if it was gripping white knuckled at his knees to keep himself grounded.

When she finished it took him a moment to get his brain in order, to stop it from telling him everything good he thinks is a mistake.

"Thank you", he managed after a bit and gave her a bow, but then kept staring at her afterwards.
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:31 pm

When she brought the flute back down slightly breathlessly, she bowed deeply.

"I'm glad you enjoyed it Shosuro-san. I was concerned I had made a small mistake in the middle, but if it wasn't noticed I'll accept the praise" she smiled brightly "if someone can enjoy the music as much as I like performing it, then my night is already perfect."