[D0, EN] Yume-do and Fate are Jerks (Expecting)

Walking paths thread their way through flower and tree
Shosuro Hikimasu

[D0, EN] Yume-do and Fate are Jerks (Expecting)

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:53 pm

After a long wait, most of it spent reminding himself over and over that this was the only possible outcome, Hikimasu found himself finally being claimed by sleep. He'd told himself to go back to the inn, several times in fact, but being used to sleeping outdoors and the fact that he hadn't slept the previous day destroyed any such rational thought. Sitting up against a tree and passing out was as good as a futon, right?
Shosuro Hikimasu
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Soldier • Dead Fish Eyes • Friend of Yūdaina

Honor: 41 Status: 35 Glory: 44
Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description
"Fulfillment is just another form of arrogance."

Usogawa Emiko

Re: [D0, EN] Yume-do and Fate are Jerks (Expecting)

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:34 am

At some point there was a sound. Not a normal sound, nor one heard in Rokugan. Not a dangerous one, but a soothing, beautiful sound on an instrument. It carried in the night like a beautiful melody.

Should the sleeper awaken, standing nearby bathed under the moons light was the player. Eyes closed, and with what looked like a strangely shaped lute against her neck, the player drew a shaped bow across the instruments strings, creating this hauntingly beautiful sound.

Otter Clan * Kuge * Heir * Courtier * Dancer * Musician * Very Pretty(Dangerous Allure) * Clumsy * Profile
Courtship points: ?
Equipment: Fan, pretty clothes, makeup/perfume, pillowbooks (sometimes), Tea set (sometimes), Flute (sometimes), odd looking stringed instrument (sometimes)

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:12 pm

That sound, was it his captain running her fingers across the koto? No, soothing still, but different. His sister trying to tune mother's shamisen?
No...too pleasant.

What was it? In his dream? He was dreaming right?

Shit, he was dreaming, he fell asleep.

Oh well, at least it was summer so he wouldn't catch a cold and the dream was quite soothing.

To anyone who saw the Scorpion under the tree, they'd note he shifted, looking more comfortable and seeming to be relaxed.
Shosuro Hikimasu

Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:24 pm

The player noticed the movement and smiled to herself. Emiko had felt guilty for being late and seeing Hikimasu asleep under a tree made her feel worse, but at least the music was soothing.

Speaking of Violin music, the player continued to play. The music remaining as soothing as it was before.
Otter Clan * Kuge * Heir * Courtier * Dancer * Musician * Very Pretty(Dangerous Allure) * Clumsy * Profile
Equipment: Fan, pretty clothes, makeup/perfume, pillowbooks (sometimes), Tea set (sometimes), Flute (sometimes), odd looking stringed instrument (sometimes)

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:35 pm

Hikimasu could be quite imaginative. He could create a world in his mind where he was infinitely worse off than he actually was, only needing the smallest of cues from his environment. Secretly a skilled musican, even in his dreams, he was not.

Then, I must be awake.

Sighing ever so slightly, he sat up straight and rubbed his eyes before opening them. Then lord moon gave him a scene so unimaginable that he needed to rub them further, and question again as to his state of consciousness.

Fortunatly Emiko was focused on her music, eyes closed, and couldn't see the Scorpion's jaw dropping far enough to taste the water in Jigoku.
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:13 pm

As the song started to finish, Emiko's eyes opened slowly. Blue eyes almost shining in the moons light. She couldn't see him well but he was standing where the Hikimasu shaped person was sleeping before, so she guessed it was him.

"Oh, Shosuro-sama" Emiko bowed "ohayo. Forgive me for arriving late, I hope the music was enjoyable."

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:20 pm

"Shosuro-sama is busy, telling servants what to do and being terribly disappointed in everyone around him", Hikimasu said of his father as he had stood up. "Shosuro-san is here, and is very unsure as to what is going on."

He rubbed his eyes one more time and stepped out from under the tree, trying to meet her with a clear gaze.

Predictably, his eyes were still dead. "But, I have to say...you're beautiful-"

He suddenly died a little more inside, can he just say what he's supposed to for once?

"You're music, I mean, it's very-" Wow that summer heat is really doing a number on me, humid too! Couldn't sweat like that otherwise, right? "...I like", he paused and gulped so he could say what he wanted to instead of what his nerves were trying to get it. "...it. I like it."

No, he still couldn't really look at her. Tsk.
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:22 pm

Emiko brought a hand up to cover her laugh.

"Shosuro-san is too kind. I'm glad you liked it, a lot of people don't realise the beauty of the unknown. Although I also don't play this often because people look down on it."

She carefully placed her odd stringed instrument back into its case, before standing up and taking out a flute from her sleeve.

"This is more expected, ne?"

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:41 pm

"No, no...it's...", his eyes continued shifting around, trying to not talk so fast as to keep his mind steady. "I wouldn't go showing it to some old man who has over practiced etiquette and would be scared of a piece of fruit he didn't recognize but...", he cleared his throat. It was really dry, sleep didn't help. He was glad he wore a mask, he probably drooled on himself a bit. "I liked it, and you played it here with just me, so...thank you."
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:22 pm

There was a slight blush at that, and Emiko looked down at the ground.

"I wanted to offer an apology for being late, and you were sleeping. The v....vi-oh-lin is a really calming instrument, and it can fill ones heart with joy or sorrow. The range of emotion it can produce is more than any other instrument I've used. It's my favourite now."

She sighed softly.

"I wish more would give it a chance..."