[D0, LE] Evening Exercises

Walking paths thread their way through flower and tree
Kitsuki Hajime

Re: [D0, LE] Evening Exercises

Post by Kitsuki Hajime » Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:30 am

"They're famous matchmakers, rivaling the Doji and Otomo." Hajime lifted one shoulder in a gesture toward shrugging. "Which should mean that we are in quite good hands. They also are famed in yarijutsu." Hajime smiled. "Or so I hear."
* Dragon Clan * Courtier * Dangerous Allure * Fashion-conscious * Preening * Striking a Pose * Inquisitive *

Courtship Points: 17 Honor: 52 Glory: 44 Status: 30

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:02 am

"Yeah, they have some... well, their yarijutsu takes up as much space s some of us would need to use a bisento, but it's very fast- very precise. Interesting to observe. And matchmakers, well... I guess that figures."

He made a face.

"I think they'll have their work cut out for them."
Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Soldier* Blunt * Cynical * Seasoned * Strong
Your Wingman Anytime, Whether You Want It Or Not
Glory: 42 * Honor 41 * Status: 30
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Kitsuki Hajime

Post by Kitsuki Hajime » Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:59 pm

"If the sounds I heard coming from the sake house mean what I suppose they do, then I think you are absolutely right." He smiled. "Some clan samurai figure that a Minor Clan's lands are a good place to cut loose. Less chance of permanent social injury, and so on. The marriage aspect ought to mute some of that tendency, but, well, some people are incautious."
* Dragon Clan * Courtier * Dangerous Allure * Fashion-conscious * Preening * Striking a Pose * Inquisitive *

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:54 pm

"Reckon we'll see. I think they may find that social... injury has a way of lingering."
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Kitsuki Hajime

Post by Kitsuki Hajime » Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:06 pm

Hajime's smile turned a little sad. "It certainly does."

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:08 pm

A Scorpion wanders into the garden that night. He finds a large landmark of some sort, a statue or particularly large bush or colorful flower arrangement, then has a seat, clad in a nice yukata. He hums a tune for a bit, seems to fidget slightly, then eventually sets his blades down on a bench and gets out a pillow book.
Shosuro Hikimasu
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Soldier • Dead Fish Eyes • Friend of Yūdaina

Honor: 41 Status: 35 Glory: 44
Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description
"Fulfillment is just another form of arrogance."

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:51 am

Kitsuki Hajime wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:06 pm
Hajime's smile turned a little sad. "It certainly does."
"No personal experience with it myself, but I suspect that merciful state of affairs won't survive my time here."
Remember to Breathe

Kitsuki Hajime

Post by Kitsuki Hajime » Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:03 am

Hajime frowned slightly. "I hope not, Shiba-san. And I hope that you do not feel it a foregone conclusion. Nothing is inevitable." He smiled. "For example, one could hardly have such an open exchange of views without some one of Bayushi's people catching wind of it..." He inclined his head in the direction of the Shosuro across the way.

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:07 am

Raizo turned, looked at the Scorpion for a moment... and waved.

"I find being open around people who ferret out secrets is the best," he muttered to the Dragon. "It drives them crazy."
Remember to Breathe

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:29 pm

[/quote]
Kitsuki Hajime wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:03 am
"...some one of Bayushi's people catching wind of it..."
Shiba Raizo wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:07 am
"It drives them crazy."
Hikimasu's dead eyes cast up at the two of them, they lingered for a while but oddly didn't seem to directly make contact with either of them. An air of displeasure seemed to spill off the Scorpion as they went back to their book.

A Phoenix and a Dragon talking about Scorpion, who better, honestly?

He sighed, slapped the book closed and stood up.

Oh well, just until Usogawa-san arrives, i'll test the waters once more.

Of course, Hikimasu standing and brushing himself off, then picking up his blades again, all took some time, maybe he was leaving and not actually going over there.
Shosuro Hikimasu
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Soldier • Dead Fish Eyes • Friend of Yūdaina

Honor: 41 Status: 35 Glory: 44
Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description
"Fulfillment is just another form of arrogance."