D0ME, A Stroll (Open)

Walking paths thread their way through flower and tree
Shika Nesshin

Re: D0ME, A Stroll (Open)

Post by Shika Nesshin » Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:00 pm

Nesshin sees the subtle shifting, her glance towards the pond. "There's a stone bench just the other side of the pond," he says softly. "Footing might be a bit treacherous, though; I can help you, if you'd like.

"But as to your question," he continues, "there'll be a series of events the matchmakers will use to ascertain people's skills, talents, and spirit. And that information will allow the matchmakers to make the best available matches for all involved."

He smiles. "Pei-Pei-sama does not say much ahead of time about what the events are, though. Says the surprise is part of the assessment."
Kaikoga nee Shika Nesshin
Male Deer Clan Gamekeeper / Security Personnel
Glory 42; Honor 36; Status 41
Profile here: http://kyudenshika.fallenash.com/viewto ... 80&start=4
Normally in traveling clothes with a blue-and-gold obi, carrying a wakizashi, a fancy damned fan, and an omamori; carries a tsunoyari outside, too; carries a tsunoyari and wears ashigaru armor on watch, too; has trinkets, etc. at most times

Starting D1, has a silver and purple ribbon tied to his obi, as well.
D9, has a broom in hand and bandages on his hands.
D10-12, has a small whisk broom also thrust through his obi.
D11+, has a second fan.

Playful, irrepressibly flirtatious, blessed by Benten, blessed in lineage. Often smells of cedar.

Courtship Points: 31

"You look lost. Let me show you the way to something nice."

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:16 pm

Koi made a small throaty chuckle spotting the bench by the lake, and saw that it was a bit bothersome to get to in this kimono but tonight she would act the demise (totally not because her feet were killing her.) "Thank you, I would appreciate that though I only accept the offer because I do not wish to disturb the garden with any nonsense like tripping and harming oneself - its for the kami, solely. You understand?" She said confidently, nodding her head with a small playful smile and headed in the direction of the benches.

I might be a single moth but I am not fragile like a Crane. She thought, and accepted any aid to find the bench for sitting down trying not to sigh in relief as that became her sole focus for the briefest moment.

"Yosh, I have heard stories related to Pei-Pei-sama. All good things, I promise." She quirked a smile.

"You dodged my question earlier, Shika-sama. You did not answer if you were joining in with the Miai or not." She said, sheepishly enjoying the view from there new position watching as the child from earlier play with a younger sibling.
Moth Clan ★ Glory 44 ★ Honour 49 ★ Status 28 ★ Courtship Points 23 ★ Scent of Lilacs, Citrus oils and Almond ★

Update: Day 13. Koi is wearing a kimono in much higher quality, lilac in hues with green lunar moths and silver lanterns. She is wearing a jade green choker. She is wearing a katana that largely is peace tied, and at night has a very fine lantern. She is being followed at all times by a Shika Guard at a distances. She wears a fine wooden carved bracelet with the Moth Clan symbol on it.

Dangerous Allure ★ Wood working tools ★ Unsavoury Past ★ Shaking Hands ★ Anxiety Attacks ★ A Purple Choker with a wooden sphere of a Moth ★

Female ★ Actress ★ Vitiligo on the left eye ★ I'd never really found a place in the outside world, but had stayed away too long to fit in at home. ★ Wait so LongProfile

Shika Nesshin

Post by Shika Nesshin » Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:23 pm

"Of course," he says, and Nesshin takes the opportunity, since invited, to take her arm and let her lean on him at a couple points. And, once she is seated, he sits beside her and says "I am a participant this time, yes. But I don't know what the events are, as such. It'd ruin the fun."

He looks at her in the evening light. "And I'd hate to have fun with you ruined."

She'll note the smell of cedar about him at this point. They're close enough to each other for it. And he breathes deeply, as well.

"Is that...almond?"
Normally in traveling clothes with a blue-and-gold obi, carrying a wakizashi, a fancy damned fan, and an omamori; carries a tsunoyari outside, too; carries a tsunoyari and wears ashigaru armor on watch, too; has trinkets, etc. at most times

D11+, has a second fan.

Playful, irrepressibly flirtatious, blessed by Benten, blessed in lineage. Often smells of cedar.

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:35 pm

Shika would notice that she does particularly lean on him more than perhaps one might in this situation, perhaps she was unstable? Or having some mild discomfort from walking such a distances to Kyuden Shika.

She felt the bicep in his arm, and mused. "Ara ara, one must play with his spear alot to have strength such as yourself." She teased playfully.

Koi glanced around and took a small scent of him into her mind. "Hm, yes it is one of my favourite scents, I get an oil from my sister in Kyuden Kakita once a New Years but I wish I could from some to eat they are some of my favourite things and cedar for yourself if I am not mistaken. An excellent choice. At least it isn't sake." She teased, and nodded. "I see, good I think a prize of this gathering should inspire you to excell like anything worth doing its worth doing at least better than your clan mates."

She smiled. "It would not ruin this fun it only fills my imagination with potential. Plus the air Kami seem to enjoy the shenanigans they are up to, and we are blessed to have them watching over us."
Moth Clan ★ Glory 44 ★ Honour 49 ★ Status 28 ★ Courtship Points 23 ★ Scent of Lilacs, Citrus oils and Almond ★

Update: Day 13. Koi is wearing a kimono in much higher quality, lilac in hues with green lunar moths and silver lanterns. She is wearing a jade green choker. She is wearing a katana that largely is peace tied, and at night has a very fine lantern. She is being followed at all times by a Shika Guard at a distances. She wears a fine wooden carved bracelet with the Moth Clan symbol on it.

Dangerous Allure ★ Wood working tools ★ Unsavoury Past ★ Shaking Hands ★ Anxiety Attacks ★ A Purple Choker with a wooden sphere of a Moth ★

Female ★ Actress ★ Vitiligo on the left eye ★ I'd never really found a place in the outside world, but had stayed away too long to fit in at home. ★ Wait so LongProfile

Shika Nesshin

Post by Shika Nesshin » Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:49 am

"I believe we can find you some nuts to eat," Nesshin replies, a grin on his face and in his voice. "I'm told they're quite good salted."

Settling in a bit more comfortably--although the bench is a bit narrow, so his thigh almost touches hers as they sit--he adds "Nobody's complained about how I handle my spear, either," and he chuckles a bit. "And as to cedar--I'm out in the woods enough, I've gotten quite fond of the scent.

"As to the kami--I'll have to take your word for it." He sighs. "I serve as I can, and enjoy what can be enjoyed. Which is more than seems, at first."

D11+, has a second fan.

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:06 am

Koi allowed, for the briefest of seconds a small little snort of laughter to escape giving Neeshin the pleasure to know that he had won the bout of innuendos and blushed. "Ah, I have yet to visit the market. I am resisting until I have a goal in mind otherwise I will simply spoil myself with items to make items that I do not have room for."

She mused, allowing their legs to almost touch as she allowed him to make himself comfortable. "Good, a man who knows how to handle his spear should do well in the up in coming Miai.." She chuckled unable to control it for a moment and stopped to collect herself. "Benten seems to have blessed you, Shika-sama."

"I like cedar, it is a strong wood to work with when carving. It has this beautiful colour to it that you do not get in trees commonly to the north of here." She said. "It is blessed to resist the weather compared to some woods, plus it's durable and resistant to warps and cracks." She said confidently. "I'm hoping to find some for sale in the market to do some work with before I leave here."

She smiled. "There are moments when you sound similar to my Father with your views on how you live your life, Shika-sama. He was a good man, and I live by his teachings - believe in oneself, try, dream. Do good. If a life is filled doing those things, I see nothing to complain about."

Shika Nesshin

Post by Shika Nesshin » Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:10 am

"Where are you staying?" Nesshin asks. "I can have some delivered to you."

He sits in companionable silence with her for a bit before he puts in again. "You said your father was a good man; I'm flattered by the comparison. I gather he has passed; my condolences, or my apologies if I've misread."

He shifts slightly to allow himself to face her more fully. If his knee brushes hers, well, that's purely incidental and due to the narrower bench, right?

D11+, has a second fan.

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:30 am

"Oh, I am staying in the local inn - " She tried to recall the name for a moment, and said comfortably. "The Sleeping Fox Inn." Her brow furrowed for a moment and said softly. "That is too kind, I couldn't accept such an gift it would be to much of a hassle for you."

She enjoyed the silence as small moths began to appear in the evening twilight fluttering and dancing around the lanterns set out by servants. "My father was a bushi, not skilled with using the kami such as myself but he was honourable and courageous. Unfortunately, his lungs became infected with a disease that tore them apart from the inside and he left us very early. He was loved by many within my clan, we believe he would have made a good Lord had he remained alive long enough." Ah, the life of a Minor Clan so out in the sticks that life is swift and cruel.

She allowed it, her eyes swiftly glancing and curious what the bushi was up too. So bold...careful, Koi. You are unwed, and not giving off signals that you are not interested in men. Play carefully. She played with the fan in her hand for a moment touching the tip with her finger before opening the fan half way over her face before drawing it down to fan at herself as it was still quite warm. Take the hint, but dont run away...you would be a good candidate going forward if you can handle my secret...

Shika Nesshin

Post by Shika Nesshin » Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:54 am

Nesshin nods. "My sympathies for his loss," he says.

There's not much else to say in that line, and he drops it, letting there be quiet between them for a bit. More lanterns are lit, and fireflies dance out on the other side of the little koi pond. A breeze carries the soft scent of far-away petrichor and a hint of coolness to them both.

He sighs. "Looks like we'll have rain soon. Some would bemoan it. I happen to like the gray curtain falling across this little stage where we play out our parts. And the trees do well from the watering."

D11+, has a second fan.

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:03 pm

Koi was concerned that she had turned him away, scared him off. Well done, you idiot. She heard the voice of her Mother scream in the back of her mind as she smiled absentmindedly for a moment.

"I love the rain - it is so involved in my understanding of the kami, it plays an important part to my connection to the world compared to anything else." She smiled, and inhaled the scent that came from the earth around them. She sat a little straighter, seemingly drawing in on herself a bit as if trying to remember something before she said quite carefully allowing her vocal cadence to flow and roll like a small river as she recited.

We knew it would rain, for all the morn,
A spirit on slender ropes of mist
Was lowering its golden buckets down
Into the vapoury amethyst

Of marshes and swamps and dismal fens—
Scooping the dew that lay in the flowers,
Dipping the jewels out of the sea,
To sprinkle them over the land in showers.

We knew it would rain, for the poplars showed
The white of their leaves, the amber grain
Shrunk in the wind— and the lightning now
Is tangled in tremulous skeins of rain!

She smiled at him, hoping that would surprise him or at least impress him. She was - after all - a skilled performer, at least this is something she should be confident in.