(D0 EA) A deer garden

Walking paths thread their way through flower and tree
Usogawa Emiko

Re: (D0 EA) A deer garden

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:45 am

"I don't like it when people let me win, I prefer to feel like I've earned a victory" Emiko said with a small frown "however, I will happily play Go with anyone. I brought my Go set, although it's at the inn rather than with me now. I would like to get hold of a traveller Shogi set but they seem more difficult to get hold of."
Otter Clan * Kuge * Heir * Courtier * Dancer * Musician * Very Pretty(Dangerous Allure) * Clumsy * Profile
Courtship points: ?
Equipment: Fan, pretty clothes, makeup/perfume, pillowbooks (sometimes), Tea set (sometimes), Flute (sometimes), odd looking stringed instrument (sometimes)

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:52 am

"I didn't mean that I literally let people win, more that I'm so bad that me being in the game is giving the win to my opponent," he clarified with a smile. "Traveling shogi sets... lots of folks back home have them. My home may be a traditional Kitsu home, but the castle has the largest Akodo dojo in Lion lands. And they love their shogi. They usually either come in with a set passed down from a parent, or get a set when they're there. Lots of craftsman can make a living on that alone."
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:30 am

"Oh, my apology" Emiko bowed "I would love to get hold of a travelling Shogi set. I think Go is considered easier to transport on our vessels. I'll look into Shogi sets though, so thank you for giving me some hope on this."
Otter Clan * Kuge * Heir * Courtier * Dancer * Musician * Very Pretty(Dangerous Allure) * Clumsy * Profile
Equipment: Fan, pretty clothes, makeup/perfume, pillowbooks (sometimes), Tea set (sometimes), Flute (sometimes), odd looking stringed instrument (sometimes)

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:32 am

"Of course," he says with a nod. "Perhaps, if you can't get one here, I might be able to have one sent to you later."
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:32 pm

"Oh please do, I would owe you one for that" Emiko said with her eyes lit up slightly at the idea "it would be wonderful to be able to play Shogi more. I haven't played for over a year."

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:37 pm

"Well, at the very least there should be at least a few boards at the castle. You may be able to borrow one to play a few games."

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:16 pm

"I'll have to ask. I did intend to visit the governor but they appear to be quite busy right now. A lot of people appearing in a short space of time, it makes a lot of sense" Emiko sighed softly "hopefully they will have time soon so I can thank them for being able to attend. It's only been a single day and yet I feel that I will enjoy my time here already."

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:13 pm

"I certainly hope you do. And I plan to try and enjoy myself as well. Perhaps we can find plenty of opportunities to enjoy time here together?" Murato smiles pleasantly at her with that.

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:58 pm

"I'm sure we will, we already promised to come back and play games ne?" Emiko said with a smile, bringing her flute up to her lips to begin playing another tune. When she was playing she really did look at peace, it was clearly something that brought joy to her life.

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:20 pm

He listens to the song, though he doesn't know a shamisen version and he's not overly familiar with it. But he did enjoy it. "So, are the rumors that every otter is a better swimmer than every non otter true?'