[Day 14, Late Afternoon] Goodbye to All That (Expecting]

Walking paths thread their way through flower and tree
Shiba Raizo

Re: [Day 14, Late Afternoon] Goodbye to All That (Expecting]

Post by Shiba Raizo » Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:38 pm

I could burn this place to the ground without compunction and slaughter anything with a Deer mon that tried to escape the blaze.

"Well. I already figured them for a pack of fuckers, but now it's clear. But, I, uh... I gather, since you're not visibly distraught, that Bo-san took it better than they probably expected?"
Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Soldier* Blunt * Cynical * Seasoned * Strong
Your Wingman Anytime, Whether You Want It Or Not
Glory: 42 * Honor 41 * Status: 30
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:45 pm

Lips pushed together in a thin line before she shook her head slowly. "They gave him everything he needs to have me arrested for breaking Imperial law. He still loves me, despite that. He believes I'm better than am I, and my past deserves to stay in my past. But the Emerald Magistrate says otherwise, and everything I was before I came here is dead." she says flatly, clearly reigning in an explosion.
Otter clan • Subtle Observer, Cynic • romantic but shady • apprentice nakodo
Glory 40 | Honor 27 | Status 22 | Description | Courtship Points 22

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.
D10+: A netsuke of a tanuki appears hooked over her obi at her left hip.
Also D10+: sports a split lower lip.
D12+: bruising across the back of both hands

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:47 pm

"Well. Cheer up. I'll probably give this miai a scandal to wipe your little indiscretions under the rug. 'Cause if they think I'm going along with this shit, they're as stupid as they are vicious."
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:49 pm

She spares him a look, curious. Prompting him to go on with the uprising of one manicured brow.

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:51 pm

"Let's just say that for Shiba Raizo to marry Shika... Whoever, Shiba Raizo needs to exist. A solution of sorts has been worked out- with the help of our mutual associate- and with this bit, friend- Kasuga Yoshi."
Remember to Breathe

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:54 pm

She let out an incredulous laugh. "She got matched with Yoshi?" Her eyes narrow again. "So you're running?"

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:02 pm

"After a fashion. But goodness, how awkward, it seems that the Deer's research missed that Aimi is actually a Tortoise on Musha Shugyo. And thus, when her pilgrimage ends, the ronin Aimi no longer exists, and thus cannot be married to Kasuga Yoshi. Truly, a sad oversight."

He bared his teeth in an approximation of a grin.

"And heaven forbid they try to gainsay it, since their research missed a much more crucial aspect of her background than the polite fiction Yoshi-san has brought up. So. Kasuga Aimi will wed a ronin named Raizo sometime soon as a purely internal Tortoise matter."
Remember to Breathe

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:46 pm

"That... sounds incredibly complicated, my moon and stars. Are you sure your simple brain can manage it?"
Her way of wishing him the best, and admitting she worries for him.

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:55 pm

"Oh, probably not, but Aimi and Yoshi are both apparently onboard."

He sighed, a ragged sound.

"Two weeks ago, I cared about none of this shit. And now... Fuck me, Narumi-chan, what a colossal mess things ended up being."

He sighed.

"But at the same time... it's... strangely liberating. Fuck them all. From my parents who took so little interest in my life to the lords who sent me to this farce to the shitbags who put it on. Fuck them all."
Remember to Breathe

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:58 pm

She sidesteps closer to the bastard soon-to-be-not-Phoenix, and rests her head against his shoulder while taking his hand and squeezing gently.
"Do the thing, Raizo-kun." she encourages quietly. "Burn everything down, and start over."