[D13 LM] Well You Said This, but Also Said That (Open)

Walking paths thread their way through flower and tree
Shosuro Hikimasu

Re: [D13 LM] Well You Said This, but Also Said That (Open)

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Thu Sep 09, 2021 4:11 pm

His dead eyes met Unsei's.

"You've lacked a curiosity for such matters in all of our previous meetings until now. What has become of you? You act as if you are not yourself."
Shosuro Hikimasu
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Soldier • Dead Fish Eyes • Friend of Yūdaina

Honor: 41 Status: 35 Glory: 44
Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description
"Fulfillment is just another form of arrogance."

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Thu Sep 09, 2021 4:15 pm

"Because I am trying to continue the conversation, Shosuro-san, without switching the topic." They answered in their neutral voice, though it seemed to go a bit more dead than it was before. The smell of smoke that surrounded them came anew as they shifted some.
Imperial ❀ Shugenja ❀ Professional Dumbass ❀ Benten's Curse ❀ Sixth Sense ❀ Affect of Harmlessness
Glory: Reputable Status: Average Imperial Honor: Average Profile!
Carries: Fan, smol knife, wakizashi, finger of jade, divination kit!

Wears: Unsei often is seen wearing star-covered robes in shades of black, dark blues, and gold. In the center of their forehead is a small birthmark in the shape of a diamond/star, and they always wear a hat with a short veil and tassels on it. Their hair is kept in a long ponytail that reaches down to their ankles.

"You might've heard of me. I was the Imperial that broke their toe falling out of a tree at Shiro Kuni."

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Thu Sep 09, 2021 4:22 pm

"Despite that, I can't go further into the conversation you are inquiring about, so changing the subject seemed proper", he admitted.
Shosuro Hikimasu

Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Thu Sep 09, 2021 4:28 pm

"The conversation was less about the Scorpion and more your own feelings in it." They said before waving their hand dismissively. "Anyway. This is for you."

They produced a small rectangular box from inside their sleeve and offered it to him.

Inside of it was a small inked drawing of two figures under an umbrella in the rain. One figure was taller than the other, but they were both looking at each other.

"To being who we aren't."
Imperial ❀ Shugenja ❀ Professional Dumbass ❀ Benten's Curse ❀ Sixth Sense ❀ Affect of Harmlessness

Wears: Unsei often is seen wearing star-covered robes in shades of black, dark blues, and gold. In the center of their forehead is a small birthmark in the shape of a diamond/star, and they always wear a hat with a short veil and tassels on it. Their hair is kept in a long ponytail that reaches down to their ankles.

"You might've heard of me. I was the Imperial that broke their toe falling out of a tree at Shiro Kuni."

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Thu Sep 09, 2021 4:34 pm

His natural response was ready, the standard polite refusal was on his lips as his hand started toward the box, but he stopped himself on both counts.

"That is quite thoughtful, are you certain?" it wasn't the gift he was refusing.
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Thu Sep 09, 2021 4:47 pm

"Why not." They said faintly with a shrug of their lean shoulders.

"Though, I believe this marks the longest conversation we've had without getting angry or annoyed with each other."

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Thu Sep 09, 2021 4:54 pm

"Why not?" he echoed them and chuckled. "Of the many reasons we do things, why not often has a ring to it we don't explain, very well. Though..." he kept his hands in his lap. "You are perhaps wrong, actually." He reached out and took the drawing to examine it. "There was another moment, where we both took a different manner of pressure onto ourselves rather than fight, wasn't there?"
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Thu Sep 09, 2021 5:19 pm

The painting was well done, though obviously not of Unsei's hand. Commissioned by some painter down in the marketplace. There was a little border around it, but overall was simple and plain in its beauty.

"True. Once. Yet that was when we were both pretending. Being who we weren't."

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Thu Sep 09, 2021 5:35 pm

Much like now.

"If this is a simple gift of memory from Seppun Unsei-sama, then in the end I must accept." He said now that the ritual was more or less complete, if not put in stranger ways than usual. "Though, if I may", he said and scooted closer. "Might I share something in return as we are alone?"
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Thu Sep 09, 2021 5:52 pm

They blinked and seemed almost spooked as he moved closer. Then they narrowed their gaze some.

"You aren't going to do anything weird, are you?"