[D13 LM] Well You Said This, but Also Said That (Open)

Walking paths thread their way through flower and tree
Shosuro Hikimasu

Re: [D13 LM] Well You Said This, but Also Said That (Open)

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Wed Sep 08, 2021 5:50 pm

H picked up dice 2 and 5, then rolled a bit until casting them one at a time.

(no worries, i got time)
Shosuro Hikimasu
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Soldier • Dead Fish Eyes • Friend of Yūdaina

Honor: 41 Status: 35 Glory: 44
Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description
"Fulfillment is just another form of arrogance."

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:29 pm

They looked over the one for the Otter and blinked. "Huh. Well. That's about what they showed for the first part..." They muttered to themself before speaking out loud.

"Hm. Well. Going into it, there could be a lot of mistakes that lead to some rather unfavorable outcomes in the marriage. A lack of self-awareness and failure could bring about an unhappy thing. Compromise and moderation would be best, and remember that a marriage is a two way street. It is not always on just one party."

Then for the Unicorn.

At least I'm getting consistent readings. Both bodes well and poorly...

"There is a place for everyone, whether it's believed or not. Whatever happens, your community, your family, will be welcoming of such a marriage. Long-standing traditions will be continued and compassion will ring through the halls."

"A bit worse for wear on how it looks going forward with the Otter, but the Unicorn appears brightly. Yet, as always, the future can change. The fates of this world are... somewhat malleable."
Imperial ❀ Shugenja ❀ Professional Dumbass ❀ Benten's Curse ❀ Sixth Sense ❀ Affect of Harmlessness
Glory: Reputable Status: Average Imperial Honor: Average Profile!
Carries: Fan, smol knife, wakizashi, finger of jade, divination kit!

Wears: Unsei often is seen wearing star-covered robes in shades of black, dark blues, and gold. In the center of their forehead is a small birthmark in the shape of a diamond/star, and they always wear a hat with a short veil and tassels on it. Their hair is kept in a long ponytail that reaches down to their ankles.

"You might've heard of me. I was the Imperial that broke their toe falling out of a tree at Shiro Kuni."

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:35 pm

"Quite true, though I am a jittering ball of self awareness even on my worst days", he said with a sigh. "Facing fate and portends is a nice way to gain a new perspective, but I have to admit it has only helped create a bigger divide in my thinking."
Shosuro Hikimasu

Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:53 pm

"That it normally does. Rarely does it ever really help, but it's always nice to know what's going to happen, or rather what might happen. Maybe just... ask them? They might be looking at someone else, too, and might not... you know.."
Imperial ❀ Shugenja ❀ Professional Dumbass ❀ Benten's Curse ❀ Sixth Sense ❀ Affect of Harmlessness

Wears: Unsei often is seen wearing star-covered robes in shades of black, dark blues, and gold. In the center of their forehead is a small birthmark in the shape of a diamond/star, and they always wear a hat with a short veil and tassels on it. Their hair is kept in a long ponytail that reaches down to their ankles.

"You might've heard of me. I was the Imperial that broke their toe falling out of a tree at Shiro Kuni."

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Thu Sep 09, 2021 12:40 am

"Oh, no, no", he said hastily. "I need not ask either, I've been told. It's only now...hmm."

He shrugged, thinking about the past few days and the previous night in particular.

"I may have to please my family but disappoint the clan."
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Thu Sep 09, 2021 1:00 am

"Would your family want that thought? I thought Scorpion were all about the clan rather than the family?" They asked softly, politely.

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Thu Sep 09, 2021 1:17 am

"It depends on how one colors it, I suppose", he replied. "It can be complicated."
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Thu Sep 09, 2021 1:23 am

"How would you color it then? How do you view it?" They asked in that same polite and calm voice as always, like the Imperial they were always supposed to be. As they spoke, they arranged their stones in a few different spreads in what used to be a rather soothing motion for them.

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Thu Sep 09, 2021 2:17 am

"I think the Scorpion will do quite well this miai", he said. "My own contribution being the talents needed for our miiitary to retain it's strength, while others have pursued influence in imperial courts. I am simply playing my role."

"I would say it thus, and the gains would be both soon and in the future."
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Thu Sep 09, 2021 4:04 am

"Why do you think that? Do you anticipate the Scorpion marrying in here, giving the clan more resources and samurai to command?" They asked in a mildly curious way. "Though I can't say I've seen much of imperial court pushing from you or Bayushi-san."