[D13 LM] Well You Said This, but Also Said That (Open)

Walking paths thread their way through flower and tree
Shosuro Hikimasu

[D13 LM] Well You Said This, but Also Said That (Open)

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:50 pm

Seeing set up done for the festival, Hikimasu kept away from the workers and dove deeper into the garden's more hidden spaces. He had a lot to think about now that this was all coming to an end.

Would he marry Emiko? Would things work out between them if he did? He had to say, he enjoyed every moment with the young woman, it would be a surprise if they couldn't make a happy marriage.

Yet there was also Utaku Kheree. What would he do about her? What should he do about her? Did she need him? Perhaps not, but he felt as though she may. He didn't know if that was cold feet for Emiko, possibly seeing something so good in his future and being unable to accept that he could be allowed such a thing.

He kicked a small rock into the pond Raizo had been sitting on. He almost thought to try his luck, but Phoenix are as Phoenix are and he doubted his own messiah powers.

Kheree didn't seem to, but...he also knew he wasn't what she desired, and sin or not, that had to be considered. He was being taken for her own benefit, for her peace of mind, for his ability to forgive. He didn't begrudge that, really. He'd offered it, but a part of him wondered why he was so eager to please someone who didn't want from him what he sought in them.

Maybe that would change, but...likely not. The truth was he liked her, and not simply for her beauty. Something something sucker for broken birds.

At least Khar seemed to be on his side.
Shosuro Hikimasu
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Soldier • Dead Fish Eyes • Friend of Yūdaina

Honor: 41 Status: 35 Glory: 44
Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description
"Fulfillment is just another form of arrogance."

Seppun Unsei

Re: [D13 LM] Well You Said This, but Also Said That (Open)

Post by Seppun Unsei » Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:08 pm

As the Shosuro thought to himself, Unsei had arrived on soft steps. They seemed... different now. More reserved and quiet than what they had been days before this damnable miai. No wide smiles adorned their pale cheeks, though their head was still held high. Oddly, more like the Seppun their parents probably wanted them to be this entire time.

The shugenja was dressed in their usual attire with their hair braided and hat firmly on their head. In their fingers was a multi-faceted gemstone that they were rubbing between their fingers in a calming motion, but the largest thing was the faint trace of smoke and fire that had yet to be scrubbed from their skin, no matter how much they had tried.

When they finally noticed the familiar Scorpion, they paused. Then they bowed politely. "Shosuro-san." They said in a neutral, quiet voice.
Imperial ❀ Shugenja ❀ Professional Dumbass ❀ Benten's Curse ❀ Sixth Sense ❀ Affect of Harmlessness
Glory: Reputable Status: Average Imperial Honor: Average Profile!
Carries: Fan, smol knife, wakizashi, finger of jade, divination kit!

Wears: Unsei often is seen wearing star-covered robes in shades of black, dark blues, and gold. In the center of their forehead is a small birthmark in the shape of a diamond/star, and they always wear a hat with a short veil and tassels on it. Their hair is kept in a long ponytail that reaches down to their ankles.

"You might've heard of me. I was the Imperial that broke their toe falling out of a tree at Shiro Kuni."

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:13 pm

Hearing a soft voice behind him, Hikimasu turned around to bow and saw it was Unsei.

He definitely did not hesitate to return the bow, nor remark on their distinctly different demeanor. That's what bowing low to an imperial is for, to hide such things.

When he rose, he was quite composed.

"Seppun-sama, good morning", he said, not missing that he'd been called Shosuro-san quite properly. "Have you had rice today as yet?"

What is going on here...?
Shosuro Hikimasu

Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:20 pm

"No, I have no. Haven't felt much in the mood to eat." They admittedly plainly in their vaguely deep voice. "Am I interrupting? I had sought out a quiet place for a moment or two of peace, yet I have no doubts that you are in a similar position."

They made no move to go further and seemed prepared to leave if it was needed.
Imperial ❀ Shugenja ❀ Professional Dumbass ❀ Benten's Curse ❀ Sixth Sense ❀ Affect of Harmlessness

Wears: Unsei often is seen wearing star-covered robes in shades of black, dark blues, and gold. In the center of their forehead is a small birthmark in the shape of a diamond/star, and they always wear a hat with a short veil and tassels on it. Their hair is kept in a long ponytail that reaches down to their ankles.

"You might've heard of me. I was the Imperial that broke their toe falling out of a tree at Shiro Kuni."

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:25 pm

"I've had many thoughts already, and they seem to drag me in circles rather than resolve the matter", the Scorpion admitted. "If I may, I would be honored to listen if I can be of aid to you, Seppun-sama. Perhaps we can share our troubles, as I would trust you with my burden."
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:29 pm

They waved their hand dismissively before returning it to their sleeves. "There is no matter I have to speak of. As I said, I had only wished for a moment or two of peace yet if there are issues you wish to air then I will do my best to be of service."

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:33 pm

Inner Hikmasu felt as though he'd just been bent over a barrel and thrown out to sea.

Maybe he still deserved it, he wasn't certain.

After a moment of complete stillness where he certainly didn't look exasperated, he stood straighter and nodded.

"I am feeling a little uncertain as to whom I shall marry."
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:39 pm

What Unsei said wasn't done in malice. They genuinely had nothing to talk about other than general complaining. Complaining on a topic which they were loathe to even speak about.

"I believe many of us are. Would you care for a reading to see if that could help clear things up some? That is as far as my help can go in matters of love realistically. Cursed as I am."

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:45 pm

"You are hardly the only one cursed in love", he said with a chuckle. "I myself have been blessed with being asked politely never to speak with several women again just after greeting them. There was also the other time I was told my presence offended the kami by a Soshi who I asked, not for a pleasant evening, but for directions to find the nearest scribe. I was attacked once by an older man who said I had besmirched his daughter's honor, and in the end I had to admit i recalled her as someone I had accidentally made eye contact with while walking in the temple quarter of Ryoko Owari."

He looked thoughtful a moment.

"If the Thunder Guard hadn't been on hand and owed me money I might have had a real fight on my hands, the man was drunk enough to start it, but his house was perhaps too flammable."

He cleared his throat and bowed. "Apologies for such an unsettling display, perhaps I am too self conscious, do not be alarmed by what you see when you do a reading of me, as I would feel quite blessed to have it done."
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:57 pm

Unsei watched and listened on emotionlessly until he was finished. Once he was, they spoke simply. "Just because I said I was cursed does not mean that I don't remember that you are as well. My apologies for bringing it up and for any insinuations that alluded to me believing that you weren't cursed." They bowed slightly, though it was more akin to a deep nod.