[D12 LA Open] Trying something new

Walking paths thread their way through flower and tree
Kaito Oubaihime

[D12 LA Open] Trying something new

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Sun Sep 05, 2021 2:51 pm

A change of scenery for the Kaito today. With her materials to paint, the priestess wanted to see how well she could do this. The girl had told the Kitsu that she would try to learn the art so this is the first step. It was just not to good as the colors clashed.

//D12 LA Aesthetics Painting air playful | TN: 1 | Success: 1 / Opportunity: 2 / Strife: 2 Image Image Image

opportunities to lower strife
•Phoenix Clan •Shrine Maiden •Water •Clumsy •Softhearted •Lucky •Medic •Random Samurai #71
Smells like flowers
D7:carried a copper bells.
•H: Idealistic Samurai •G: Apprentice •S: Samurai and Monk

Moto Mitsuki

Re: [D12 LA Open] Trying something new

Post by Moto Mitsuki » Sun Sep 05, 2021 6:52 pm

Mitsuki was observing, transfixed, an ornamental shishi-odoshi slowing down and finally becoming silent as the rain eventually ceased with the approaching evening.

Clearly, this wasn't a tool she had ever seen in the Burning Sands. Her bad, maybe she had focused too much on the forest outside instead of the one on the inside, to only notice it so late in her stay. On the other hand, nice to see there were always new things to discover even after two weeks in one place.

Her study completed, she looked around, to find out there was (at least) another observer in the garden today.

"Kaito-sama! Long time no see. Trying to craft a souvenir of the landscape for yourself?"

---

Passion: Travel (-3 strife)
Unicorn Clan | Bushi | Cavalry | Commander | Goth | Barbarian
Honor: 31 (Honor is the Ideal) | Glory: 47* (Reputable Samurai) | Status: 30 (average Great Clan samurai) | Profile
Usually dressed in white and black. Gaijin-style "daisho" (scimitar, buckler, wakizashi).
Famously Reliable/Gaijin Culture/Omen of Bad Luck

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Sun Sep 05, 2021 8:39 pm

"Moto sama... I hope Inari no kami has blessed you on this day." She looked at her piece. "Yes but I seem to not be very good at the arts. I tried origami earlier today and I am an expert in making paper balls." The girl chuckled.
•Phoenix Clan •Shrine Maiden •Water •Clumsy •Softhearted •Lucky •Medic •Random Samurai #71
Smells like flowers

Moto Mitsuki

Post by Moto Mitsuki » Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:03 pm

"If you tried for the first time today, isn't failure the way the world goes? Humans need time to learn new things.

The question is more if you feel it's an activity worth persevering until you become good at it or not. Any reason for this sudden craving for art?"
Honor: 31 (Honor is the Ideal) | Glory: 47* (Reputable Samurai) | Status: 30 (average Great Clan samurai) | Profile
Usually dressed in white and black. Gaijin-style "daisho" (scimitar, buckler, wakizashi).

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Mon Sep 06, 2021 1:25 pm

"The miai is coming to an end and well... I want to gift something personal for people. My balms may be a reminder..." She realizes, something but continues the line of thought. "but they are utilitarian. I am trying this for the first time here in hopes that the inspiration and the promise I made a friend comes to this one before the end."
Smells like flowers

Moto Mitsuki

Post by Moto Mitsuki » Mon Sep 06, 2021 3:43 pm

"Is that a memento you intend to give to another participant before you two part ways, or is this something you plan to leave here as a trace of your passage in these woods?

Now I'm wondering what the Shika did with the things we gifted them at our arrival. Throw them in a warehouse probably."

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Mon Sep 06, 2021 3:57 pm

"A memento for another participant before we part ways." She nodded and tried a different approach. "Have you learned new things Moto sama?" The painting still looked bad.

//D12 LA Aesthetics Painting air playful | TN: 1 | Success: 1 / Opportunity: 2 / Strife: 2 Image Image Image
Smells like flowers

Moto Mitsuki

Post by Moto Mitsuki » Mon Sep 06, 2021 10:46 pm

"Oh I learned a lot of things I certainly would have never guessed. For example [through the magic of a still ongoing previous slot conversation, so weirdness might happen] that Phoenix shrine maidens are apparently in high demand this year, with many respectable boys literally fighting for her hand."

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:32 pm

"We are a rare sighting... outside of the Phoenix lands." She shrugged. "Like some see gaijin objects to be of high demand."
Smells like flowers

Moto Mitsuki

Post by Moto Mitsuki » Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:20 pm

"Uh? If I am in high demand, no one told me, and certainly not the Shika."

Mitsuki racked her brain:

"I mean, sure a weirdly high number of people have shown interest in going for a ride with me or listening about my explanations about western mythology... But very few have dared broach the subject of marriage.

And none ended up with a duel at dawn with my honor on the line.

Though honestly, if someone had tried to duel in my name, I likely would have kicked their ass. I'm big enough to take care of my own problem myself."