[D12 EE, Open] - Within the eye of the stars

Walking paths thread their way through flower and tree
Kitsu Moshumaru

[D12 EE, Open] - Within the eye of the stars

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Sat Sep 04, 2021 3:20 pm

Finally, the storm had broken.

And with it, a grand array of stars.

Under the pagoda, Moshumaru sat, looking at the stars.

Not really looking for anything just... looking.
Lion Clan - HGS: 51/41/35 - Kitsu Red Hair, Missing fingers
"Mark my words, your descendants will remember you."
Gift giving ritual: Feel free to skip due to timezones
Ideal Lewdness level: Ftb, raunchy/lewd is fine
PM if thread desired

Suzume Senseki

Re: [D12 EE, Open] - Within the eye of the stars

Post by Suzume Senseki » Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:10 pm

Kitsu Moshumaru wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 3:20 pm
Finally, the storm had broken.

And with it, a grand array of stars.

Under the pagoda, Moshumaru sat, looking at the stars.

Not really looking for anything just... looking.
The last time the Sparrow had been to the gardens had been... memorable. Important, he felt. It might be life-changing... although that was still to be determined.

Going back to walk the gardens alone today felt both pleasant and somewhat odd. It almost felt as if something was missing...

... a look up at the stars, and that feeling got even stronger. Although, as he deep down knew, a moment like that was definitely something one could enjoy by oneself.

Or with others as company, he thought as he saw the Lion sitting down. After slowly making his way closer to him, the Sparrow bowed low to the Kitsu. "It is a fine night, isn't it, Kitsu-sama", he said simply, for now.

OOC:
Hoping you're ok with me throwing an Agenda roll (and a story!) somewhere here? ;)
Sparrow Clan * Woodsman * Herbalist * Wicker hat * Disheveled hair * Clothes never fully clean
Not a penny to his name * A simple life is a good life * Life is sacred * The truth is always simple

Carries: Common clothes, Wicker hat, Daisho, Knife, Sling, Daisho (as allowed), Medicine Kit, Pillow books.
In the field: Ashigaru armour, Wicker hat, Daisho, Sling, Knife, Bo, Hunting Yari, Travelling pack, Rations, Pillow books.

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:13 pm

The Kitsu nodded, rising to bow.

"Yes, it is a lovely night Suzume-san. One I fear we will not see for a very long time."

(OOC: Absolutely, but I'll be throwing some back.)
PM if thread desired

Suzume Senseki

Post by Suzume Senseki » Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:23 pm

Kitsu Moshumaru wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:13 pm
The Kitsu nodded, rising to bow.

"Yes, it is a lovely night Suzume-san. One I fear we will not see for a very long time."

(OOC: Absolutely, but I'll be throwing some back.)
"It is one we haven't had much chance to see while here, ne?"

The Sparrow looks up and seems to lose himself either just looking at the stars, or thinking about something.
Sparrow Clan * Woodsman * Herbalist * Wicker hat * Disheveled hair * Clothes never fully clean
Not a penny to his name * A simple life is a good life * Life is sacred * The truth is always simple

Carries: Common clothes, Wicker hat, Daisho, Knife, Sling, Daisho (as allowed), Medicine Kit, Pillow books.
In the field: Ashigaru armour, Wicker hat, Daisho, Sling, Knife, Bo, Hunting Yari, Travelling pack, Rations, Pillow books.

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:30 pm

"It makes you think - if you could choose to give these stars away for someone else... would you?"

Yet again, Moshu looked to prevent the war from happening in the first place.
- - - -
D12 EE - Agenda; Stop the Deer giving military assistance to the Crane | TN: 2 | Success: 3 / Opportunity: 1 / Strife: 2
Image Image Image
Opp: Reduce Senseki's strife by 2
PM if thread desired

Suzume Senseki

Post by Suzume Senseki » Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:59 pm

Kitsu Moshumaru wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:30 pm
"It makes you think - if you could choose to give these stars away for someone else... would you?"

Yet again, Moshu looked to prevent the war from happening in the first place.
"Hm... " The Sparrow seemed to consider these words for a long time before answering. "I... I hardly imagine being able to give someone stars, I guess", he finally says. "If it were something 'mine' to give, and if giving them would help someone I deeply care for... I suppose so? But then if I were to give away something that would take it away not only from me, but also from others... that is a harder one to think about, I guess."

Another long silence before he speaks again. When he does, he tells a story he remembers having heard a long time ago - one about a young man who sees a shooting star fall in a forbidden land near the village where he lived and promises the one he loves to bring it back to her. As it turns out... the woman he loves didn't really love him and was already promised to someone else, and the star he had sought and gone through great dangers to bring back - who was also, or in fact, a spiritual creature - actually did love him. The young man ends up troubled, as he had grown fond of her, but he feels he cannot be with her as a mortal. He tries to bring the star back home... but as he looks at her after crossing back from the forbidden area, she turns into only a rock. Looking up, though, he sees a shooting star going upwards to the sky again. After he wipes away his tears, he retires to a monastery, where he prays for the star he tried to take back every night.

OOC:
Sorry for the delay, wasn't feeling too well during the last few days and ended up dropping the ball!
I'd rolled an Agenda roll before dayflip to D13 as Sai had suggested, the story being how he put it out there, but hopefully we can at least RP a bit more here ;)

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:57 pm

The Kitsu nodded at the Sparrow's answer, before the story began.

"That is why I want the Deer to not join this war, Suzume-san. The Crane demand their future for a claim that isn't rightfully the Crane's to make."

He listens to the story intently, but can only really end commenting

"That was a... beautiful tale, Suzume-san, but what does it mean for you and I?"
PM if thread desired