(D11EA) How far we’ve come (expecting)

Walking paths thread their way through flower and tree
Agasha Inoshishi

(D11EA) How far we’ve come (expecting)

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:22 pm

Inoshishi strolls through the garden, remembering other days, standing close to her Matsu, wondering where everything would go. She’s expecting him, shortly, but for now, she happily reminisces, looking towards the entrance of town, smiling to herself. It’s been the most eventful half month of her life and it isn’t even over yet.

She has feathers in her hair again. Lion colors, of course. She wasn’t planning on being a Lion when she came here, though in hindsight, she wasn’t surprised. She smiles. Life is good!
Dragon * Chronicler * Too Thin * smells like mochi * fireworks
Starting day 5, Shichi charm with braided ribbon, yellows, greens, and a red
Starting day 6, LE has weirdly mottled hands, all colored in browns and yellows, as if her skin had changed color. (fading D10, gone d13)
Starting day 9, LA, has ink stains on fingers. (gone d11)
Starting D13, new bracelet
Honor is the ideal. Unremarkable Retainer. Average Samurai

Matsu Ishioka

Re: (D11EA) How far we’ve come (expecting)

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:52 pm

With the rains slackening significantly, the Matsu appears in the gardens without an umbrella. A but of Inoshishi's influence perhaps that he doesn't seem to mind some light rain anymore.

He waits until he's close to call the Agasha by his preferred name. "Good afternoon, Ino-chan," he says warmly, reaching almost immediately for one of her hands to hold.
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Honor: 61 | Glory: 51 | Status: 35
Courtship points: check courtship tracker.
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Agasha Inoshishi

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:43 am

Inoshishi turns at the voice of her beloved. She reaches for his hand as well then keeps going, heedless of those who might see, for a brief squeeze. “Maybe instead if standing, today we sit? There are benches. Though I don’t mind looking up at you, and likely still will, if we sit close enough.”

She gestures with her chin towards the rain gutter off the roof, flowing in this gentle rain. “There. I first told you how I felt there. Well, privately. I suppose I rather told everyone with the poem. Did you know, before I spoke, that I had decided who you were to me?”

Both of her small hands are grasped onto his large one, eyes shining bright as she reminisces. “It seems so long ago.”
Starting day 6, LE has weirdly mottled hands, all colored in browns and yellows, as if her skin had changed color. (fading D10, gone d13)

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:15 am

The big Lion is long past resisting the closeness, even in this setting. He smiles and lets her lead him to the bench.

"It does seem long ago, and yet... Like there was no time before that," he says, looking a little uncomfortable with that honesty but h he lets the remark stand. "Just when did you decide you love me?" he asks warmly.
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Agasha Inoshishi

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:25 am

Matsu Ishioka wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:15 am
"Just when did you decide you love me?"
She ponders this question in silence, which is somewhat unlike Inoshishi, staring up at the big Matsu contemplatively.

"I don't think I did. Do you know where the sun is when in it's in the sky? You don't...decide it exists. It just is. I decided you loved me after you didn't realize I was saying you were handsome. Then I just had to help you see it.

When did you decide you love me? And also Narumi?"

From some, this could be catty, but it really wasn't from Ino, just curiosity and her damned integrity not letting her pretend it was ever going to be any different. She let's her small feet touch the Matsu's shins, smiling cutely as he prepares to answer.

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:23 am

Ishioka smiles, watching Ino's thoughtful answer. When she turns the question to him, he chuckles a little, but instead of looking away like one might do nervously, his eyes remain with hers.

"You're better with the words, again," he says happily, not surprised. "I didn't realize I love you both right away... couldn't even say it once I had, until Yasu-san helped straighten me out... But I finally heard what my heart was telling me." He squeezes her hand gently, looking at her thankfully.
Description

Agasha Inoshishi

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:35 am

Under that contemplation, Inoshishi stills, worried at how Ishioka will respond.

“I am worried about..” her hand waves in the general direction of the inn. “About her and you. She carries great anger and you carry great sorrow. I felt her anger combine with my Fire two nights ago. But where your sorrow and my Fire change into a beautiful thing, as Fire in the hand of an Agasha will, her anger and my Fire could burn the world down.

Even that would not worry me, I have trained to contain my Fire. I worry that you are despondent and she fragile after spending time together. I broke her with a kiss, Ishi-kun, a kiss. Your dark Water is powerful as is her dark Fire. Are you so certain this should be released upon the world? Or that in so doing, either of you remain?”

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:50 am

The Lions eyebrows rise slowly, surprised but thoughtful at the Dragon's words. It's a lot to process, and Ishioka in some ways doesn't know what to say. But the thought that jumped to the fore was, "What do you mean you broke her?"
Description

Agasha Inoshishi

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:04 am

Inoshishi’s eyes roll. “Men. All you think of…”

She shakes her head once, sharply, as if clearing her mind. “Oh, she’s fine. She’s a samurai, same as you and I. If she can’t take the stress of courtship, she should retire to a monastery. And trust me, she shouldn’t retire to a monastery! I don’t know about her, but you act as if I’ve never killed anyone. How many human lives have you taken for your Emperor? How many have I? How many has she? Do you have a guess?”

Her fire banks as she watches his face. “I appreciate your protecting. I think it’s adorable. But only because I know it’s not necessary.”

She takes another breath, Fire banking further. “What I meant is that I left her neither knowing nor able to act on lust or love or hate. With a kiss. Since you are courting us both, I am unable to know for certain, but I believe she has eyes mostly for you. I send her away happy, in the few times I have been with her, she comes back sad or embarrassed. I send you off sated, happy, and knowing the love in my heart, you come back sad, your mind elsewhere. I, aside from when I’m irritated, am happy and content. So I am not the problem.”

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:16 pm

Agasha Inoshishi wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:04 am
Inoshishi’s eyes roll. “Men. All you think of…”

And more...
"I meant her spirit, Ino-chan. I am not quite so simple as you think I am," he says with a wry smile before she continues.
Her fire banks as she watches his face. “I appreciate your protecting. I think it’s adorable. But only because I know it’s not necessary.”

She takes another breath, Fire banking further. “What I meant is that I left her neither knowing nor able to act on lust or love or hate. With a kiss. Since you are courting us both, I am unable to know for certain, but I believe she has eyes mostly for you. I send her away happy, in the few times I have been with her, she comes back sad or embarrassed. I send you off sated, happy, and knowing the love in my heart, you come back sad, your mind elsewhere. I, aside from when I’m irritated, am happy and content. So I am not the problem.”
The Matsu's eyes narrow and he sits quietly to process this. "Hmm. This perhaps confirms a worry I had. That the problem is me." The voice is the quiet, distant, logical Stone Matsu that so often gets overruled when Inoshishi is around.
Description