[D10 LA expecting]The Sunflower Samurai

Walking paths thread their way through flower and tree
Kaito Oubaihime

Re: [D10 LA expecting]The Sunflower Samurai

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:37 pm

"Sama you misunderstand my words. Lost souls are not people who are damaged but people that are not filled with... other things beside honor and glory. Some people need a place or a person to relate, to tell things that are relevant to you but not necessarily to someone else. An advisor of sorts, to keep you in the path that you seek."
•Phoenix Clan •Shrine Maiden •Water •Clumsy •Softhearted •Lucky •Medic •Random Samurai #71
Smells like flowers
D7:carried a copper bells.
•H: Idealistic Samurai •G: Apprentice •S: Samurai and Monk

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:47 pm

The Seppun cocks his head in ever further estrangement. "Indeed I misunderstand. I do have places and some people I relate to talk about imporant things. Although I am sort of missing an advisor... perhaps..."

Frowning, he asks, "What exactly are these other things, if not soul, honor and glory Kaito-san is considering to be relevant?"
Imperial • Bushi • Kuge • Governor • Blessed • Dangerous • Precocious
Honor: Honor Is the Ideal • Status: Chisei District Governor • Glory: Reputable Samurai
DescriptionTheme

Wears: Iron Sheath, Daisho, (No Knife from D13 on)
Outdoor Gear: Lacquered armor, Naginata, Traveling Pack
Indoor Gear: Sanctified robes

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:10 pm

"Compassion, honesty... and not just honesty to the people that you talk to but to yourself. Some people think that honesty is about telling people the truth but it is far more than that. Honesty is knowing what you are capable of and trying your best to achieve betterment. Honesty is asking for help when one know it is incapable of doing a task by oneself.... you understand those sort of thing?" She looked to the horizon. "The tenants of Bushido are not just what make a samuraii a samuraii."
•Phoenix Clan •Shrine Maiden •Water •Clumsy •Softhearted •Lucky •Medic •Random Samurai #71
Smells like flowers

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:14 pm

"Kaito-san is sounfing very much like a Dragon, for a Phoenix." He says, raising en eyebrow. "I consider myself painfully honest, specially with my very self. My soul descended from Yomi into the Imperial Families for a great reason, and I must honor this calling, and the will of my Ancestors, for such. Asking for help is not an issue. I've asked yours before, didn't I?"

He blinks and shakes his head, "I fail to see the conceived message. Shitsurei shimassu."
Honor: Honor Is the Ideal • Status: Chisei District Governor • Glory: Reputable Samurai
DescriptionTheme

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:25 pm

"My father is a Togashi, Lord Seppun sama. So I show my Dragon roots... My teachings are of monks in a temple. If I tend to do this odd teachings it is in my lineage." She frowned. "Have you?" The Kaito sat on one of the rocks. "I may be a soul of tenshi that has come from Yomi but you may think I am impure." Again her gaze to the heavens. "Have you ever considered that? Some of the people here are souls of beings of the different realms or have a bloodline that is far from before the fall?" It wasn't a rhetorical question it was a very real question.
Smells like flowers

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:30 pm

"Ha!" He chuckles, as if he had guessed it right that she's Dragon related. His ego expands.

But that makes him stop to delve into what she just said. It doesn't take long and he nods, as an answer –– the correct one –– is formed very quickly in his mind. "I don't believe Kaito-san is impure, yet she is not as connected to the Heavens as those of my lineage, and that of the lineage of Togashi-kami himself. Is she?"

He disregards the mention of bloodlines older than the Kami.
DescriptionTheme

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:40 pm

"I have never delved that far back on my father's lineage, nor my mother. Because that ties to the past are not as important as the ties one does for the future." She sighed. "Do you aspire to join your ancestors in Tengogku? Or do you prefer to join those who had aid you in your path in Yomi?"
Smells like flowers

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:50 pm

The boy coughs a bit, finding no offense, but clearly in the need to point a correction, "Our past is extremely important. It is what made us here. We owe our ancestors a great deal of praise, admiration and honor. I disagree, nearly completely, with Kaito-san in this topic. Our past is what guide us into the future. To learn from past mistakes and be grateful that those that passed paved our path into what's next."

With that, he claps twice in thanks to ancestors, trying to defuse odd thoughts that pass through his mind about the Phoenix.

Then, she says, "If I am ever blessed to join Tengoku, as my Ancestors did, I would be honored beyond measure. But that is not for me, since I am not the Imperial Heir. I prefer to do my best so that my dutiful service to my most sacred uncle and cousins bring me to Yomi to serve along the Blessed Guard."
DescriptionTheme

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:22 pm

"I am not one of status. This one is just a humble monk." She looked down as in giving a seated bow. "Your wish will be granted if you try hard enough."
Smells like flowers

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:37 pm

"Desire is a sin. So, I simply to train in hopes the Heavens smile on me, and serve dutifully, regardless." He says, looking to Bai, "Many think that being someone of status is just fun and joy. I assure you is quite the opposite. There are certain thoughts I simply cannot allow to surface, as well as... certain emotions."
DescriptionTheme