D9EE So Fancy! (expecting)

A gathering of vendors for artistic materials and products
Usogawa Narumi

D9EE So Fancy! (expecting)

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Thu Aug 26, 2021 4:39 pm

The Stone Matsu had invited her out to the market to find something new to wear to the mixer they'd set up, and so Narumi was more than happy to meet up with him when requested. For her efforts, she tried valiantly to keep her On in place while she waited.
Otter clan • Subtle Observer, Cynic • romantic but shady • apprentice nakodo
Glory 40 | Honor 27 | Status 22 | Description | Courtship Points 22

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.
D10+: A netsuke of a tanuki appears hooked over her obi at her left hip.
Also D10+: sports a split lower lip.
D12+: bruising across the back of both hands

Matsu Ishioka

Re: D9EE So Fancy! (expecting)

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Thu Aug 26, 2021 5:06 pm

The Lion approached her with a certain amount of swagger, perhaps uncharacteristically so for the stoic man. His favored copper-colored kimono with the dual golden Matsu mons made him look both natural and regal at the same time. As he approaches, she can see affection and confidence in his eyes.

"Usogawa," he starts to say from a step away. "Narumi-san," he says, in a lower, warmer voice when he's close enough for just the Otter to hear.
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Honor: 61 | Glory: 51 | Status: 35
Courtship points: check courtship tracker.
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:29 pm

Spotting him, a manicured eyebrow ticks skyward and she stands straighter, almost beaming. "Ohayo, stranger," she turns her face up to regard him, though keeps her hands to herself, buried in her sleeves.

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:16 pm

The Lion's broad smile and happy eyes are accompanied by a slightly frustrated exhale as the setting is inappropriate to the sort of greeting he wants to give.

"I'm glad that you could join me," he says honestly. "I thought tonight's event might warrant... something new." Speaking softer, he adds, "A token of my deep affection."

"Shall we explore? I've had no complaints about anything that you wear, but if it pleases you to accept something new from me, I would be most honored."
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Honor: 61 | Glory: 51 | Status: 35
Courtship points: check courtship tracker.
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:19 am

Her dark eyes sparkled with amusement and agreement at his frustration, and motioned that she'd follow him wherever he led her.
"Do I have the opportunity to deny you three times this time?" She laughed lightly, gaze darting around them before returnjng to him happily, though trying so hard to keep some semblence of reservation.