[D9, EA] Licking the bowl [Expecting]

A gathering of vendors for artistic materials and products
Asahina Soyokaze

Re: [D9, EA] Licking the bowl [Expecting]

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:51 pm

Soyokaze's lip curled into an uncharacteristic snarl at mention of the young Seppun. "Has he really been doing that poorly? I've usually fled in shame before he takes his turn in an event."
Crane Clan | Artisan | Courtier | Weaponsmith | Meek | Paragon of Compassion
Honor: 67 | Glory: 41 | Status: 38
Courtship points: 12
Description
Carries: Clothing, Wakazashi, Fan, Whitwe Gloves. D10+:Netsuke of Ebisu D13+:Delicately carved wooden bracelet with a small Crane token.
Often followed by an attendant.

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:54 pm

"He is a mighty Seppun governor and in no sight of the top of Pei Pei-sana's considerations", the Scorpion explained. "If he were in direct competition with me, I'd have shamed him into going home until he's grown a pair."
Shosuro Hikimasu
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Soldier • Dead Fish Eyes • Friend of Yūdaina

Honor: 41 Status: 35 Glory: 44
Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description
"Fulfillment is just another form of arrogance."

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:00 am

"He is a selfish child." Soyokaze said flatly. "He DEMANDED I stop courting Bai-chan. Said that my love for her was improper. Demanded I give him the name of the Lion who also courts her. I have never never risen to violence, I detest it, but I felt it in those moments. I told him NO."
Description
Carries: Clothing, Wakazashi, Fan, Whitwe Gloves. D10+:Netsuke of Ebisu D13+:Delicately carved wooden bracelet with a small Crane token.

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:09 am

"I thought the Asahina were a little more pious than that", the Scorpion remarked after staring at the bottle a bit. "Orders from our betters are one thing, though a Seppun of his weight? Well whether it was a good thing to do or not, it took courage so at the very least you can take that for arguments with Emma-O."
Shosuro Hikimasu

Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:17 am

"I wanted to be sick and I feel ill even now thinking about it. But to make that kind of demand, who would do that?"

Father would.

"I am no warrior, were her and I to wed and our home were attacked she would be defending me not I her. But I have to TRY to be strong, and a bloodless battlefield is the only one I CAN fight on. He tried to challenge me to a duel but took it back, I think because he realizes who my champion would likely be. I do not wish him ill but he still has a lot of growing up to do I think. I also think that he seeks Bai-chan himself, but that may just be paranoia."
Description

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:19 am

He shrugged. "I'm not the one who needs it explained, i know exactly what you did. Question is what does Kaito-san want you to do?"
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:01 am

"She would want me to find peace with him." He said begrudgingly. "But I am not the one threatening someone's life and honor and happiness. How do I even speak to him to rectify this when he has such an all or nothing stance?"
Description

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:09 am

"People never have an all or nothing stance, they can only make you think they do", he told the Crane. "Someone says hard no, but that only means something until you offer them a tempting alternative, or some other reason to change stance." He refilled his cup yet again. "Two men at a river bridge with only enough room for one, the man who threatens to toss the other in if they try to go first could be convinced to wait if they're made to think the bridge might be faulty."

He sipped.

"Or in this case, two men meet a girl, one makes demands and the other gives gifts. So what should the gift giver do? They grant the man making demands a great boon and gain a debt."

Sip sip.

"Classic Crane "
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:12 am

"He's an Imperial and Governor I know nothing about and have a short amount of time to make anything what could I possibly gift him? I would offer him Reina-sama's hand if it were mine to give just to keep him at bay."
Description

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:14 am

"Who says it isn't yours to give?" He asked. "Have you even asked her about her trials here? If you don't know, then find out. You can't win a shouting match with a Seppun."

They throw you through a dojo.
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description