[D9, EA] Licking the bowl [Expecting]

A gathering of vendors for artistic materials and products
Asahina Soyokaze

Re: [D9, EA] Licking the bowl [Expecting]

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:16 am

"I know she has many vying for her attention and affection. But he will not want to become a Crane and give up his position and the Crane don't want to lose her, even to an imperial I would guess. I mean to seek out Doji Oharu-sama, I have a few questions for him I suppose that may just be one more."
Crane Clan | Artisan | Courtier | Weaponsmith | Meek | Paragon of Compassion
Honor: 67 | Glory: 41 | Status: 38
Courtship points: 12
Description
Carries: Clothing, Wakazashi, Fan, Whitwe Gloves. D10+:Netsuke of Ebisu D13+:Delicately carved wooden bracelet with a small Crane token.
Often followed by an attendant.

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:20 am

"Do that, make him see the advantages of a marriage between them. You'll be doing yourself a huge favor."

Sip.
Shosuro Hikimasu
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Soldier • Dead Fish Eyes • Friend of Yūdaina

Honor: 41 Status: 35 Glory: 44
Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description
"Fulfillment is just another form of arrogance."

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:29 am

"I'm not sure I convince a man of Oharu-sama's caliber of anything but you are aright, I will try. no doubt if she is to be marry off he would rather it be a Unicorn, we need their strength in the war to come against the Lion. We would welcome the Scorpion in this too no doubt. If the Lion succeed against the Crane it will embolden them, the southern end of Biden Pass would be very tempting to them fresh off a victory. The Scorpion and the Crane together could stop this war before it even starts.
Description
Carries: Clothing, Wakazashi, Fan, Whitwe Gloves. D10+:Netsuke of Ebisu D13+:Delicately carved wooden bracelet with a small Crane token.

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:33 am

"Uh-huh", he said and drank. "Maybe Bayushi Mitsu-san could tell you all about that." He glowered a bit. "Stick to what you are trying to do, i know you care if people die, it's not that. Though I'm not a diplomat and I'm also not a messenger for the Crane. Even more still, I've killed more Crane than Lion in my time."
Shosuro Hikimasu

Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:25 am

"It saddens me to hear that, killing is bad for the soul and I think it weights on you even if you don't see it. I am also no diplomat, just one hopeful for a day when we stop waring with each other and find better ways to serve the Emperor, blessed be his name." He refilled their cups, a slight wobble in his hands as he does so. "But I am eager for you to view this piece and see if it meets your requirements."
Description

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Fri Aug 27, 2021 4:17 pm

"It saddens me to do it", he said with his blank stare, it gazed off far beyond the stall they were in. "But enough of that nonsense, we'll look at your work, honestly it's burning a hole in me to not have done it already."

he started to open the bag, pulling the red cord.

"Though tell me, have you still been taking time to talk about what we discussed some days ago? About music and people getting together?"

OOC: Agenda Ambush Complete!
D9 Agenda, Soyokaze. | TN: 2 | Success: 2 / Opportunity: 1 / Strife: 3
Image Image Image
(take 1 strife, dropping 2 with water opps)
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Fri Aug 27, 2021 7:40 pm

"I am sorry Hikimasu-sama, I am embarrassed to say I had forgotten. I give you my that I will do so with what time I have left." He slid the silk bundle over to the Scorpion.
Description

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Fri Aug 27, 2021 7:49 pm

"Well, let's see here then", he said and reached into the bag, gently drawing the contents and opening what appeared to be a fan with a metal frame.

The real description which will be given in another thread very soon!

He eyed it carefully, looking particularly at the ends. He tested snapping it shut. It came together softly, without a loud tang and the imagery was perfect. The Asahina clearly had talent.

He spent several moments shifting it in his hand, holding it up, closely inspecting every last detail where steel met brass, where form met function.

"The gem is a bit understated, and I like that. It should give a good flash when it reflects light, but it isn't gaudy", he said. "Yet then again, I should expect such classy resplendence from a Crane."
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description