[D8 ME Expecting]Let's get Ramen

A gathering of vendors for artistic materials and products
Kaito Oubaihime

Re: [D8 ME Expecting]Let's get Ramen

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:15 am

The Kaito smiled. "Tea would be lovely."
•Phoenix Clan •Shrine Maiden •Water •Clumsy •Softhearted •Lucky •Medic •Random Samurai #71
Smells like flowers
D7:carried a copper bells.
•H: Idealistic Samurai •G: Apprentice •S: Samurai and Monk

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:26 am

He poured them both some tea but did not drink his, instead he stood back up and went to the table behind him.

“Several days ago I let slip my plans for a gift to you. I curse my weakness in that moment, it would have this moment so much sweeter.” He reached behind a curtain below the table and pulled something out, placing it on the table. He seemed to straighten his kimono for a moment before taking a deep deep breath and turning back to face her. “I hope you like it anyway. In both hands he held a box of lacquered Princess Tree wood about half the size of the tea table and he walked over placing it before the Kaito and sat back down.

“I said during our walk in the garden that I worried about overwhelming you with gifts. If I could I would do nothing but craft things for you, but even if I worked for a hundred years I don’t know that I could make something better than this and if I died tomorrow this is how I would want to be remembered. I give this to you, please accept it.” He gestured for her to open the box.
Crane Clan | Artisan | Courtier | Weaponsmith | Meek | Paragon of Compassion
Honor: 67 | Glory: 41 | Status: 38
Courtship points: 12
Description
Carries: Clothing, Wakazashi, Fan, Whitwe Gloves. D10+:Netsuke of Ebisu D13+:Delicately carved wooden bracelet with a small Crane token.
Often followed by an attendant.

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:45 am

That surprised the Kaito. Her eyes grew wide and the girl blushed. "I... I... I am unworthy of such honor Asahina san... this must be given to someone who would be more worthy than this one."
•Phoenix Clan •Shrine Maiden •Water •Clumsy •Softhearted •Lucky •Medic •Random Samurai #71
Smells like flowers

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:48 am

"No, this is for you, please open it and see for yourself."
Description
Carries: Clothing, Wakazashi, Fan, Whitwe Gloves. D10+:Netsuke of Ebisu D13+:Delicately carved wooden bracelet with a small Crane token.

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:58 am

"anoo..." The Kaito was confused.
Smells like flowers

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:06 am

"Please, let me."

Opening the box it seemed for a moment that it contained the moon itself, so greatly did it shine. Set upon fine crane-blue silk sat a silver hand-mirror. It’s form was seamless, clearly made from a single piece of pure silver it’s surface was polished to an almost impossible shine, like a perfectly still lake on a cloudless night. It’s back was face up and displayed a Winter Jasmine blossom, ivy etching crawled around the edge, the mon of the Phoenix placed at the base of the handle.

Nearly hidden by the attention the mirror demanded was a small piece of paper that read:

In the hope that you can see yourself the same way others do.

You are not plain.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Silver Mirror take 2
Fire/Smithing w/Assistance
| TN: 3 | Success: 4 / Opportunity: 0 / Strife: 2
Image Image Image Image

Redundantly polishing a mirror
Air/Smithing w/ Assistance
| TN: 2 | Success: 2 / Opportunity: 2 / Strife: 1
Image Image Image Image

[Mirror has the Resplendent keyword.]
Description

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:41 am

"Anoo..." She was really confused and now surprised. She blinked a few times. "I am.... not lady Doji... to have such beautiful thing." The Kaito said softly.
Smells like flowers

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:43 am

“No one else is worthy of this, no one. You could leave this place hating me forever and I would still want you to have it. When I came to this place I did not know what love was, my father had convinced me that it did not exist, a weakness, a failing, a lie. One week, less really, that’s what it took for all his lies to come crumbling down.”

“You did that “
Description

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:53 am

"Soyo kun" If the lanterns didn't shine the Kaito's smile would have lighten up the place. The girl hugged the Asahina with tears of joy in her eyes. It was such a beautiful gift that it escaped her awe.
Smells like flowers

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:02 am

“I am not sure how you feel about me, I know you care but I don’t know how much, and I am happy to wait as long as I must before finding out; but the warmth, the kindness, the love you have given me has changed me forever. I may never know your heart but just once here in this rare privacy I want you to know without a doubt mine.”

“I love you Kaito Oubaihime. No matter what happens here, in this tent or in this Miai you will always have my heart.”
Description