[D7 LA] Acquiring Materials

A gathering of vendors for artistic materials and products
Susaki Tanabe

Re: [D7 LA] Acquiring Materials

Post by Susaki Tanabe » Wed Aug 25, 2021 1:37 am

"Kuni Yasu and I have spent a great amount of time together here. Our feelings are known we only wait to see if the Deer agree with us. I do not know if I will be so lucky but I certainly hope so." He replies with a light springy attitude his smile widening just a fraction as he says her name.

He thought for a moment "A Lion in Crab lands....do you mean Matsu Ishioka-sama? Yasu-san has mentioned him before saying he was stationed in Crab lands, I believe Kyuden Hida."
Otter Clan * sumai * large * yojimbo * loud * musician?
Honor: 49 Glory: 35 Status: 22 CP: 26
Carries: travelling clothes, daisho, a jade braclet
When allowed: ashigaru armor, tekken.

Bayushi Luixian

Post by Bayushi Luixian » Wed Aug 25, 2021 2:12 am

"I hope it goes well for you." She said with a surprising seriousness. Just because she knew she would never be happy didn't mean she wished others wouldn't be happy.

"That would be the one. Stone Matsu is what we would call him. Rather boring man when on patrol but is a bit better once you get some drinks in him." She nodded. "So far he's the only Lion I've dealt with and the only one I'd care to deal with."
Scorpion ~ Bushi ~ Blunt ~ Large Stature ~ Blessed Lineage ~ Pet Quail ~ Kitsu Heritage
Glory: 44 ~ Honor: 40 ~ Status: 45
Has: Oni mask, Daisho, Pet Quail,
Wishes she could wear: Lacquered armor, Otsuchi
Profile/Description

Susaki Tanabe

Post by Susaki Tanabe » Wed Aug 25, 2021 2:21 am

He nodded at her well wishes smile set in place as it often was. "I have not met Matsu-sama yet but Yasu-san has spoke of him, they were apparently friends. He seems like a good man if not a bit too serious as you say."

He thought for a second before speaking again "just a minute ago you said a minor clan would work as long as they didn't get in the way of your duty. Which duty is that? And how would they get in the way?"

Bayushi Luixian

Post by Bayushi Luixian » Wed Aug 25, 2021 3:06 am

"He is. Just doesn't know when to lighten up a tad. Can't say I blame him though. It's not easy out there to find something to laugh about." A shrug.

"It's nothing important Susaki-san. Just the ramblings of someone who would rather not be married as a whole." Her gaze shifted over to some of the nearby stalls. "If you were looking to get something while you're here then don't let me stop you. Figured it would be better to not have two big demons blocking everyone's little path.The merchants might not take too kindly to us stopping the peasants from buying their wares."
Scorpion ~ Bushi ~ Blunt ~ Large Stature ~ Blessed Lineage ~ Pet Quail ~ Kitsu Heritage
Profile/Description

Susaki Tanabe

Post by Susaki Tanabe » Wed Aug 25, 2021 6:41 am

Tanabe shrugged "A conversation with an interesting person is more valuable than materials I will likely butcher anyway." He said with a grin.

"So you are a Scorpion at a miai that wishes not to be married an unfortunate place to find yourself then. Surely you've met one or two people here that wouldn't be entirely insufferable to be pair with eh?"

Bayushi Luixian

Post by Bayushi Luixian » Wed Aug 25, 2021 3:25 pm

"Never will learn if you don't butcher it first. That's how you learn the best techniques. That or being taught. What are you to learn anyway?" She seemed a bit curious.

At his next word she took longer to answer. "I haven't met anyone not paired up actually. Which is exactly why I laid low at the beginning of all of this. Everyone would pick out who they wanted to focus on to court in the early days. Now I am able to go about doing what I want here with no one gawking at me and wasting my time trying to court me."
Profile/Description

Susaki Tanabe

Post by Susaki Tanabe » Thu Aug 26, 2021 5:47 am

He shrugged "I haven't the faintest yet. Was hoping I might get some inspiration. Or maybe see something that seemed that it would make a good gift. But I might stick to what I know, maybe write a song or something I've no claim to fame as a musician but I can play alright." He said with a thoughtful tone

He grinned when she talked of her plan "Body like a Crab, mind like a Scorpion." He chuckled "Thats a clever plan for someone that doesn't want to get a match. Hope maybe everyone finds their match and the Deer see you not compatible with anyone. Though then you risk getting match with a perfect stranger since you didn't get to know people. Bit of risk/reward."

Bayushi Luixian

Post by Bayushi Luixian » Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:12 pm

"Would always try weaving something small. I've heard scarves are a good way to start. Makes good homemade gifts too and a decent way to help stay warm in the winter." She offered up. "If you're trying to learn something instead of going with what you know that is."

There was likely a smile under her mask at his first words. "I had to inherit something from my clan and it wasn't going to be their dangerous allure." Then a nod. "That's what I'm hoping for. A stranger for a stranger. That gives us the ability to learn more about each other on our own terms. I must admit I'm hoping that they're someone that hasn't dealt with the miai either. Last thing I need is to be stuck with someone who is stuck yearning for someone they're never going to get."
Profile/Description

Susaki Tanabe

Post by Susaki Tanabe » Sun Aug 29, 2021 5:13 pm

Tanabe nodded "yeah maybe I'll try something like that. I'll admit I'm a bit lost when it comes to all this gift giving stuff. It's nothing that the Ptter or the Badger talk about much. I'm sure I can muddle through it." He said with a smile

About her plan he nodded again "that makes sense, easier that way. Though with time I'm sure they could find happiness with you even if they had their heart set on another while here." He said with a shrug.

Bayushi Luixian

Post by Bayushi Luixian » Sun Aug 29, 2021 7:50 pm

"I'm sure you'll be able to do it, Susaki-san." She said. "Though I do believe it's time for me to head back to looking for what I needed. It's been pleasant speaking with you."
Profile/Description