[D7 LA] Acquiring Materials

A gathering of vendors for artistic materials and products
Susaki Tanabe

Re: [D7 LA] Acquiring Materials

Post by Susaki Tanabe » Sun Aug 22, 2021 1:13 am

Tanabe grinned and nodded "Hai it was a long shot, not many schools focus on such things but I would still take the chance to watch you work with a tetsubo. I've been told I have the bulk for the weapon. Couldn't hurt to know how to use it."
Otter Clan * sumai * large * yojimbo * loud * musician?
Honor: 49 Glory: 35 Status: 22 CP: 26
Carries: travelling clothes, daisho, a jade braclet
When allowed: ashigaru armor, tekken.

Bayushi Luixian

Post by Bayushi Luixian » Sun Aug 22, 2021 1:20 am

"It's not difficult to learn how to use in the slightest. Just like swinging an oversized stick with spikes." A pause. "I'm not against sparring though. Unless we both use what we're good at the other is going to have an advantage though."
Scorpion ~ Bushi ~ Blunt ~ Large Stature ~ Blessed Lineage ~ Pet Quail ~ Kitsu Heritage
Glory: 44 ~ Honor: 40 ~ Status: 45
Has: Oni mask, Daisho, Pet Quail,
Wishes she could wear: Lacquered armor, Otsuchi
Profile/Description

Susaki Tanabe

Post by Susaki Tanabe » Sun Aug 22, 2021 2:31 am

Tanabe made a dismissive gesture "it is a spar to learn not a competition to declare one of us better than the other. I see one of the big benefits of this trip, besides meeting interesting people I otherwise wouldn't, but getting to learn things I wouldn't have the chance to."

"So what's your story? You dress like a scorpion but have the size and fighting style of a Crab. How does that all come together?"

Bayushi Luixian

Post by Bayushi Luixian » Sun Aug 22, 2021 2:59 am

A shrug. "If you say so. Guess it would be a good chance to learn. Tomorrow then? Or another day for all of this?"

For his question she shrugged yet again. "Father was a Crab. Wanted the first and biggest child to go to his school to follow in his footsteps. That was me and so I went to the Crab to be taught their techniques. Served over there for several years after my gempukku but my family has decided that it's time for me to get out of their hair. Was going to marry into the Crab but the Lion took some offense to that and said I should go to them instead." She explained as if she had done this often. "So now I'm here."
Scorpion ~ Bushi ~ Blunt ~ Large Stature ~ Blessed Lineage ~ Pet Quail ~ Kitsu Heritage
Profile/Description

Susaki Tanabe

Post by Susaki Tanabe » Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:27 am

He nodded with a grin "Yes tomorrow should be good, really any day you're free works. I make time to work out at least a couple times a day." it had almost been some kind of divine intervention that they had not run into each other sooner with as oft as he frequented the dojo.

"Hmm." he said thoughtfully hearing her tale "Interesting, seems he got lucky the first was also the biggest then." his brow knit together in a little confusion "but why did the Lion get involved? if one parent a Scorpion and the other a Crab. Even if you had distant relatives why should the Lion get a say in who you marry?"

Bayushi Luixian

Post by Bayushi Luixian » Sun Aug 22, 2021 2:02 pm

Luixian though she worked out often rarely went to the dojo to do so. "Tomorrow it is then. I've got nothing better planned and this seems like it could be a good time to learn. See what the mighty yojimbo of the heiress has in store." Though her mask covered it she was likely smiling under there even just a little.

Then she pointed to her fiery red hair. "Kitsu blood or something like that. Grandfather on my mother's side was a Kitsu that was married out because they thought he didn't have any worth in that regard. When I popped out it wasn't too long before some Lion dignitaries in Scorpion lands saw and that was that. Sacred bloodlines or something. Their claim is just a thin line, but I'm sure you know the Lion's reputation."
Profile/Description

Susaki Tanabe

Post by Susaki Tanabe » Sun Aug 22, 2021 5:49 pm

Tanabe grinned "it's a date then."

"But it seems strange the Lion would care about one person with a Kitsu two generations back. Surely similar things happen all the time as Kitsu marry out and such." He shrugged "but I'm just a yojimbo that loves on the river so what do I know?"

"What is it that you want? You talk a lot about what others want and expect but do you have feelings about your future?"

Bayushi Luixian

Post by Bayushi Luixian » Sun Aug 22, 2021 11:21 pm

"I'm sure whichever girl your going for would hate to hear you say that." She joked.

"As for all of that. I don't know either. They could be saying it because they want to take something from the Scorpion. Maybe they felt they didn't get a good enough deal back then. Maybe they're just using my hair as an excuse to annoy the Scorpion or keep me out of the Crab. Could be any number of true reasons but the one they've told me about is the hair."

When it came to questions about her wants she ignored them with the subtilty of a brick wall as her mask stared unblinking at him.
Profile/Description

Susaki Tanabe

Post by Susaki Tanabe » Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:12 am

"I'm sure she has a bit thicker skin than that." He joked back brightly "it's not as if I asked to sleep with you, that she might take issue with." He said with a chuckle.

"As for your little situation with the Lion seems like there's more to it than what they say. But I guess if you are here your odds of going to either clan is pretty small, only a couple Crab and I guess about three Lion running around. Equal chances of pulling a minor clan into the Scorpion at this rate."

He thought about her story for a second "So you served with the Crab for a few years eh? Was that on the Wall?"

Bayushi Luixian

Post by Bayushi Luixian » Wed Aug 25, 2021 1:33 am

"Who are you even interested in?" Luixian didn't care but was more curious on who everyone was looking at.

"Minor clan might do as long as they stay out of my way of completing my duty. I've met some of the Lion they have here though. One only actually. He was someone I knew from Crab lands. A guard at Kyuden Hida."

A pause and a nod. "It was. I did my training in the Crab lands. Felt it was wrong to leave after learning without giving something in return so they got another body for the Wall for a few years."
Profile/Description