[D7,LA](Soyokaze's Forge) High Carbon Content [Expecting]

A gathering of vendors for artistic materials and products
Asahina Soyokaze

Re: [D7,LA](Soyokaze's Forge) High Carbon Content [Expecting]

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:05 am

"Mizuki-sama has had a fascinating life and is very interesting, I'm working on her shield currently." He nodded towards the back of his forge. "I'm not familiar with Utaku Kheree-sama, I've seen her at the events but no where else, same goes for that red haired Bayushi. Moshi Shizuka-sama is very pleasing on the eyes. Unsei-sama and Koi-sama seem like very fun people to spend time with. It really makes me wish there were more large gatherings other than the events and the plays."
Crane Clan | Artisan | Courtier | Weaponsmith | Meek | Paragon of Compassion
Honor: 67 | Glory: 41 | Status: 38
Courtship points: 12
Description
Carries: Clothing, Wakazashi, Fan, Whitwe Gloves. D10+:Netsuke of Ebisu D13+:Delicately carved wooden bracelet with a small Crane token.
Often followed by an attendant.

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:22 am

The Matsu listens attentively, considering what he knows of the mentioned samurai-ko.

"Let me make some efforts to connect you with certain acquaintances of mine then, Asahina-san. I think it will be helpful. And, thank you for the suggestion of a larger gathering. I shall look into the possibility. In the meantime, consider whether you would prefer simply meeting one on one with good samurai-ko, or if you'd prefer myself and a friend to attend as well? I would imagine a Lion is not your preferred, ah, companion in these meetings, but if it is helpful to be in a small group setting, I would be willing to help you in this way."
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Honor: 61 | Glory: 51 | Status: 35
Courtship points: check courtship tracker.
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Wed Aug 25, 2021 1:16 am

There are...few...here I could call a friend. Bai-chan and Raizo-san certainly. You have been kind to me as has Hikimasu-sama strangely. But I don't understand what it is you have in mind. I do not think you mean me harm but the coincidence of you and Moshumaru-san coming to visit me and offer me aid on the same day. After all that has happened both between our clans and between your kin and I...it's hard to shake this unease."
Description
Carries: Clothing, Wakazashi, Fan, Whitwe Gloves. D10+:Netsuke of Ebisu D13+:Delicately carved wooden bracelet with a small Crane token.

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Wed Aug 25, 2021 5:00 am

The Lion grimaces slightly but nods. "It is an unfortunate coincidence, and I understand why it is difficult to believe that. If you wish a specific reason for me to help you, when our clans are seemingly perpetual enemies, it is this: On that night that we spoke after the play, and encountered Shosuro-san and Kaikoga Fujiko-san, she made certain remarks that might have been unfortunate to have repeated, especially by someone of unquestionable honor. And you didn't repeat them, and they went away, and all is well. Why wouldn't I want to be friends with someone of such integrity?"

He takes a drink of tea, the conversation being uncharacteristically long for the Stone Matsu.

"I also happen to believe that working together is wise because, in the end, none of us know the will of the nakodo. We can't substitute for their decision making, but we can try to be as prepared as possible for it. We are all uncertain, and to be at odds here will only increase the uncertainty."
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Wed Aug 25, 2021 5:21 am

Soyokaze gave an earnest and slightly sad smile. "Ahh that, yes well it's an assumption that has been made about me many many times. I'm pretty. I don't say that with any vanity nor do I compare myself to the beauty that surrounds us here but it has been said to me so many times that I just accept it. Even here I haven't escaped it. But I would never, NEVER drag someone else into that kind of talk even if that person were my enemy. It has plagued my life, it shouldn't plague yours."
Description

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:08 am

Ishioka smiles at the Crane.

"For me, it was being too slow. Too much stopping to think and plan, not enough snap decisions," he says wistfully. "But we aren't those things."

"Asahina-san, I should let you return to work, but I will be in touch when I have news for you." He pauses. "Unless you have some other need of me at this time?"
Description

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:17 am

Soyokaze roze and held the curtain open for the Matsu. "Thank you for your kind words and advice Ishioka-sama." He smiled warmly. "Just tell me Murato-san isn't going to come by next I'm not sure I handle another friendly Lion today. Fortunes bless your journey."
Description