[D7,LA](Soyokaze's Forge) High Carbon Content [Expecting]

A gathering of vendors for artistic materials and products
Asahina Soyokaze

[D7,LA](Soyokaze's Forge) High Carbon Content [Expecting]

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Thu Aug 19, 2021 8:13 pm

Location Description: Inside a small stall at the far end of the artisan's market lives Soyokaze's temporary forge. A pair of cushions sit upon a single tatami mat just inside the stall's curtains, a small table for taking tea sits to one side. A waist high shelf covered in tool serves as a divider between the "reception area" and the heart of the forge. A number of unfinished pieces of varying quality sit about the space, while others are obscured by silk covers. A peg on one of the support beams holds Soyokaze's kimono when he is working.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Soyokaze's hands were filthy as he finished cleaning out the forges firebox. "Someday someone will find a better way of doing this."
Crane Clan | Artisan | Courtier | Weaponsmith | Meek | Paragon of Compassion
Honor: 67 | Glory: 41 | Status: 38
Courtship points: 12
Description
Carries: Clothing, Wakazashi, Fan, Whitwe Gloves. D10+:Netsuke of Ebisu D13+:Delicately carved wooden bracelet with a small Crane token.
Often followed by an attendant.

Matsu Ishioka

Re: [D7,LA](Soyokaze's Forge) High Carbon Content [Expecting]

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Thu Aug 19, 2021 8:22 pm

"Good afternoon, Asahina-san," comes an unexpected greeting from a vaguely familiar voice. The tall Lion bushi in the copper-colored kimono doesn't really seem to be smiling, but Soyokaze knows that isn't surprising for the Stone Matsu.

"Do you have a few moments to speak? If another time would be preferred I could try to come back," he says, polite but sounding like he doesn't really want to do that.
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Honor: 61 | Glory: 51 | Status: 35
Courtship points: check courtship tracker.
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Thu Aug 19, 2021 8:51 pm

Soyokaze was startled.

No. So they sent the Matsu, first the feint now the strike.

"Ah, greetings Matsu-sama, please enter and be welcome." He moved to the front of the stall and offered his guest a seat. "I hope Inari-no-kami has blessed you and the day finds you well. Can I offer you some tea?" As he passed a table he glanced at his wakizashi but left it on it's stand.

Wouldn't help anyway.
Description
Carries: Clothing, Wakazashi, Fan, Whitwe Gloves. D10+:Netsuke of Ebisu D13+:Delicately carved wooden bracelet with a small Crane token.

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:21 pm

Ishioka notices the jumpiness of the Crane and the sudden glance toward his wakizashi, but politely ignores them. Soyokaze had seemed a touch anxious when they'd met before. Probably all this competition, putting people on edge.

"Ah, if you're offering, of course," he says as he sits. "Thank you."

"It seems you have plenty of work here," Ishioka observes, voice pleasant. "Are you finding time enough to enjoy the miai amid all this?" It's asked the way a worried parent might ask this sort of question.
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:33 pm

The Crane sat and poured them both tea. "Hai things have been getting busier and busier, aside from my own endeavors several have come recently seeking items for themselves and those they court. IS that what brings you here today Matsu-sama?" His hands showed the signs of recent bruises and shook slightly but whether from pain or nerves was not immediately evident.
Description

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:30 am

"It is not, Asahina-san, but perhaps it should be," the Lion admits. "I am... quite partial to giving gifts, and there might be good reason for us to work together in that regard. So let us come back to that discussion after another," he says, taking a drink of the tea to mark the transition.

"I came because I wished to see how the miai is progressing for you. We haven't spoken for a few days - and I apologize for my scarcity - and I wanted to remedy that." Ishioka's smile is the genuine one of a watchful big brother.
Description

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:40 am

"You are a popular and successful man at a Miai, there is no need to apologize for that it is a blessing upon you and your clan." His words were genuine but turned introspective. "As for myself I cannot say, there are still many here I have never met; more than half probably and loves battle-lines have already been drawn for many." It was unclear if he included himself in that last group. "I suppose it doesn't really matter, the Shika control our fates in the end. But the past few days have been...interesting for me. No doubt you've heard some of it from your Kitsu cousins." The implication was clear but not accusatory, whether the Matsu understood it was the question.
Description

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Fri Aug 20, 2021 2:22 am

The Matsu nods as he listens, showing no other response at all.

"I had heard that there is friction between you and my cousins. I wanted to ask about the source of this friction, in hopes of helping to resolve it," the big man says honestly, his stern bushi face now a relaxed neutral, as though he'd asked the Crane about a questionable sake preference.
Description

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Fri Aug 20, 2021 3:15 am

Soyokaze nodded glumly. "Indeed, and I still owe apology to Murato-san for my display the other evening. The situation is not that complicated Matsu-sama, we are simply two men at crossed purposes at a Miai. No doubt you have your fair share of rivals here? This has all just been compounded by the clans we are in."
Description

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Fri Aug 20, 2021 6:34 am

The Lion nods in understanding.

"I am fortunate, Asahina-san, to at least believe that I have few rivals for the hearts that I..." He trails off, genuinely not sure what verb he needs to use. "Ahem. This is why I would like to help those having more difficulty, so that there can be less friction for all. I have started with my clanmates, but this is not simply a clan agenda I am pursuing. Although, as you say, there are... tensions beyond this miai that do not cease simply because we are here." He takes a sip of tea and thinks for a moment.

"Asahina-san, do you think, as things are, that you could accept my help? I will not think poorly of you if the answer is no. I am perhaps too caught up in the romance in the air here and should keep more of my thoughts to myself."
Description