[D7, MA](Soykaze's Forge) Bend Don't Break [Expecting]

A gathering of vendors for artistic materials and products
Asahina Soyokaze

Re: [D7, MA](Soykaze's Forge) Bend Don't Break [Expecting]

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Fri Aug 20, 2021 12:20 am

"Could I really stop you?" he took a sip of his tea. "It would be practical. The streets are quiet, my attendant is not here and I offer no resistance, if you wanted to kill me now is the moment to strike."

He let the words hang a moment before continuing.

"You are correct, I have never seen a war or swung a sword in battle but if these are to be my last moments then I will go out as a samurai. but I don't think you are hear to kill me, not really. You know as well as I do what the large repercussions of that are, no, I think you are here to send me a message either with threats of violence or your bare fists. I am ready for that too, I am no stranger to violence despite what you or others may think of me. Nor do I hate your clan, Akodo-kami is the greatest general ever to live and brother to my Lady Doji-kami and the Lion Clan are absolute masters of your chosen art, but when that art is war do not be surprised if people see you as warmongers."

He refilled his guests tea with only a slight tremble in his hand.
Crane Clan | Artisan | Courtier | Weaponsmith | Meek | Paragon of Compassion
Honor: 67 | Glory: 41 | Status: 38
Courtship points: 12
Description
Carries: Clothing, Wakazashi, Fan, Whitwe Gloves. D10+:Netsuke of Ebisu D13+:Delicately carved wooden bracelet with a small Crane token.
Often followed by an attendant.

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Fri Aug 20, 2021 12:38 am

Asahina Soyokaze wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 12:20 am
"Could I really stop you?" he took a sip of his tea. "It would be practical. The streets are quiet, my attendant is not here and I offer no resistance, if you wanted to kill me now is the moment to strike."

He let the words hang a moment before continuing.

"You are correct, I have never seen a war or swung a sword in battle but if these are to be my last moments then I will go out as a samurai. but I don't think you are hear to kill me, not really. You know as well as I do what the large repercussions of that are, no, I think you are here to send me a message either with threats of violence or your bare fists. I am ready for that too, I am no stranger to violence despite what you or others may think of me. Nor do I hate your clan, Akodo-kami is the greatest general ever to live and brother to my Lady Doji-kami and the Lion Clan are absolute masters of your chosen art, but when that art is war do not be surprised if people see you as warmongers."

He refilled his guests tea with only a slight tremble in his hand.
As he listens, his face is impassive. But, there is one thing he says - something lost within the Asahina's speech - with makes his eyes violent with rage - for a second.

The Kitsu's hand reaches out... to help the Asahina pour the tea. Once the tea was poured, he released his grip on the Asahina.

"Three times. Three times I have told you I will not kill you. I will not use violence, I will not beat, I will not scar you. I announced my presence without. I removed my daisho, which now lays behind me. I bought this tea as a gift - that would also identify me as your attacker, should it ever come to it."

"I was never here to hurt you." He reiterated, softer still.

"What you said was... noble. I will not deny you that. If those were your last words I would made sure they were on every Crane's lips for the next century, if the power was mine. It is not - I am a purveyor of death. I write obituaries, both within and without the clan. I have seen what death will do to a family first hand more times than I can count spears in Shiro Matsu."

"I am...worried, is what I am. Worried for you. I came here looking to see if we can find some way I could convince you not to try and drag the Deer into this war, but I see something terrible has happened to you."

"I am no stranger to violence." he recited.

"I never seen a war, or swung a sword in battle, but ... you are no stranger to violence."

A sorrow is obvious in his voice.

"What did the Crane do to you?"
Lion Clan - HGS: 51/41/35 - Kitsu Red Hair, Missing fingers
"Mark my words, your descendants will remember you."
Gift giving ritual: Feel free to skip due to timezones
Ideal Lewdness level: Ftb, raunchy/lewd is fine
PM if thread desired

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Fri Aug 20, 2021 12:49 am

Though he did not recoil from the touch the Kitsu's word gave him pause.

You've given to much away, a Doji would not have made such a mistake.

"I apologize, I should not take your words for anything but the truth." he offered an apologetic bow. "But to say that something terrible has happened to me is incorrect, in the past day and night a great many wonderful things have happened, and with the aid of others I have come to understand myself and my feelings better. You have had a part to play in that Kitsu-sama, as has your cousin and I thank you for that." he bowed again respectfully then leaned back a bit more comfortable. "I struggled with this place, with these ideas, they feed us stories of love but they control our fates; this is the way of the samurai. My path is clearer now and while I may yet fail where others triumph I am stronger now than I was yesterday." He sipped his tea. "As for my past..."

Soyokaze trailed off, still unsure about something.
Description
Carries: Clothing, Wakazashi, Fan, Whitwe Gloves. D10+:Netsuke of Ebisu D13+:Delicately carved wooden bracelet with a small Crane token.

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Fri Aug 20, 2021 12:55 am

Asahina Soyokaze wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 12:49 am
He sipped his tea. "As for my past..."

Soyokaze trailed off, still unsure about something.
The Kitsu nodded as the Asahina talked, not interrupting him for a second. It was clear that... something had gone wrong, however, in the Kitsu's eyes.

"I said I was here to listen. You can say as much or as little as you would like."
PM if thread desired

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:05 am

She hasn't asked and you haven't volunteered but this Kitsu... Either way you won't be a Crane for much longer.

Soyokaze let a out an accepting sigh before bowing and then standing up. He turned his back to the Lion and began to open is kimono lowering it to reveal his back. Nearly all of his back was covered in small crescent moon shaped scars, so numerous were they that one might have mistaken them for normal skin were it not for the bits of rosey skin here and there among the white scar tissue.

"Just as not all Lion are monsters not all Crane are kind."

He pulled his his kimono back up and redid his obi before turning around and sitting.

"Weakness and failure must be corrected and I am as weak as they come."
Description

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:13 am

Asahina Soyokaze wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:05 am
"Weakness and failure must be corrected and I am as weak as they come."
"And there it is."

If the Asahina wondered if the Kitsu was a monster, this was proof positive that there was monstrous emotion within him. Voice growling, teeth gnashing, fingers clawing almost through stone itself - for but a second.

He caught himself, and coughed.

"No no, I'm sorry. I said I was here to listen, not to dictate. My view is yours if you ask of it but, in the meantime I must ask - what did you want when you first came to this miai?"
PM if thread desired

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:21 am

His eyes softened but did not well, a sign of the Crane's growing inner strength. "To escape Kitsu-sama. My father, my lord, and i do not agree on many things but on this we find common cause, I should not remain in his lands. I don't know why he sent me to THIS Miai, it's core tenets go against his teachings, but even as a lord's son I am an unknown so perhaps he thought I wasn't worthy of a more prestigious event held by a great clan. So I came here in search of a new home." He sipped his tea, his keen eyes searching for a reaction.
Description

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:52 am

The Kitsu sighed deeply.

"I truly hate your father. I have not met him - but I have met his peers I have met his clan, and met his son. That alone makes me wish nothing but a chance he may redeem himself in his next life."

With a suddenness he stood, reaching for his Wakizashi. He drew it and ... then placed it on the table, on the side of Soyokaze. If the Asahina wanted he could easily attempt to stab him, right there and right then.

"I will see it done. Miais are tricky things, marriage is a crapshoot. But on my honour, I will make sure you are given safety, security, and never have to set eyes on them again. I have three points of access I could make: I know well a prestigious member of the Otter. I have the ear," he looked away for a moment, "Of one of the future guards of the Imperial Palace. And my word carries enough weight back home that they would adopt you without a second's hesitation. I imagine If you have a servant, they may be interested in shelter as well - it will be provided. would like my help - if you would like me to see your dream realized without worrying about this whole Miai -"

He gestured to the back of the Asahina's hair.

"Cut your ponytail. That will be the signal to me to begin pushing the pieces into place - Dye can be bought from the market no problem as can clothes, but I will make the arrangements to see it you can go home with someone else, and will be free to marry whoever you like. But in exchange, there is but one thing I ask: Help me convince the Deer to stay out of our war. At least, do not try and convince them to join it."

The Kitsu sipped his tea.

"I know this is a lot to take in, so we can continue this discussion another day if you so desire. Or, if you tell me no outright, I will speak no more on the subject."
PM if thread desired

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Fri Aug 20, 2021 2:07 am

Soyokaze was stunned, unsure if he was talking the empire's kindest soul or a madman or maybe this was all a dream. he regarded the blade for a long moment before speaking.

"I have clearly underestimated you Kitsu-sama and for that I offer apology, had you offered me this kindness just a few days ago I feel I would have leapt at that blade; or possibly upon it. But if this is just one more insult, one more test I am expected to fail I will meet it on my own terms. Even if I am the greatest failure in the empire I still a Kakita trained weaponsmith, someone will see the value in that; and if they don't ,if no one see's fit to bring me into their clan I have...other options."

His last words held the sad darkness of finality to them as he stared at the wakizashi.
Description

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Fri Aug 20, 2021 2:11 am

Asahina Soyokaze wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 2:07 am
Soyokaze was stunned, unsure if he was talking the empire's kindest soul or a madman or maybe this was all a dream. he regarded the blade for a long moment before speaking.

"I have clearly underestimated you Kitsu-sama and for that I offer apology, had you offered me this kindness just a few days ago I feel I would have leapt at that blade; or possibly upon it. But if this is just one more insult, one more test I am expected to fail I will meet it on my own terms. Even if I am the greatest failure in the empire I still a Kakita trained weaponsmith, someone will see the value in that; and if they don't ,if no one see's fit to bring me into their clan I have...other options."

His last words held the sad darkness of finality to them as he stared at the wakizashi.
Words could not describe the sheer panic in Moshu's eyes as Soyokaze looks at the blade.

"Nonononono wait WAIT WAIT!"

His hand pounces on the Wakizashi, stopping the young man from committing what he thought he was about to commit.

"No, listen, please I-"

"This wasn't for you to do that. This wasn't an insult. My offer is genuine. I.. know it must be a lot to take in, but will you let me explain why? After that, I will bring no more of this to you unless you seek it."
PM if thread desired