[D7, MA](Soykaze's Forge) Bend Don't Break [Expecting]

A gathering of vendors for artistic materials and products
Asahina Soyokaze

[D7, MA](Soykaze's Forge) Bend Don't Break [Expecting]

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Thu Aug 19, 2021 7:48 pm

Location Description: Inside a small stall at the far end of the artisan's market lives Soyokaze's temporary forge. A pair of cushions sit upon a single tatami mat just inside the stall's curtains, a small table for taking tea sits to one side. A waist high shelf covered in tool serves as a divider between the "reception area" and the heart of the forge. A number of unfinished pieces of varying quality sit about the space, while others are obscured by silk covers. A peg on one of the support beams holds Soyokaze's kimono when he is working.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Soyokaze stood hunched over a high table, a small hammer and chisel in his hands as he etched something into a piece of unpolished silver. The forge was unlit today and his attendant was absent, given the afternoon to her own pursuits.
Crane Clan | Artisan | Courtier | Weaponsmith | Meek | Paragon of Compassion
Honor: 67 | Glory: 41 | Status: 38
Courtship points: 12
Description
Carries: Clothing, Wakazashi, Fan, Whitwe Gloves. D10+:Netsuke of Ebisu D13+:Delicately carved wooden bracelet with a small Crane token.
Often followed by an attendant.

Kitsu Moshumaru

Re: [D7, MA](Soykaze's Forge) Bend Don't Break [Expecting]

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Thu Aug 19, 2021 8:34 pm

Death itself approaches the forge. Its hair is stained with the blood of its victims, its limitless apathy adorned into its obsidian black clothes. Crows scattered themself before him, giving the Asahina proper warning that the ominous force of evil was making it's way towards its door. It approached the temporary forge with all of the caution and decorum of Emma-O: Without care, without pause, without stopping. It's slow pace could be matched to a heartbeat, if one put in a little effort.

rap. rap. rap.

Before the entrance, a voice cast itself into the forge.

"Asahina-san."
Lion Clan - HGS: 51/41/35 - Kitsu Red Hair, Missing fingers
"Mark my words, your descendants will remember you."
Gift giving ritual: Feel free to skip due to timezones
Ideal Lewdness level: Ftb, raunchy/lewd is fine
PM if thread desired

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Thu Aug 19, 2021 8:45 pm

Soyokaze froze for a moment, he had expected this moment but expected it would be the other. "Enter." He stood and stretched his sore back and took in a deep breath, savoring it, before moving to the front of the stall.
Description
Carries: Clothing, Wakazashi, Fan, Whitwe Gloves. D10+:Netsuke of Ebisu D13+:Delicately carved wooden bracelet with a small Crane token.

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:00 pm

Asahina Soyokaze wrote:
Thu Aug 19, 2021 8:45 pm
Soyokaze froze for a moment, he had expected this moment but expected it would be the other. "Enter." He stood and stretched his sore back and took in a deep breath, savoring it, before moving to the front of the stall.
...It paused. What was it waiting for? Was it deciding whether or not to kill the Asahina?

A gust of wind blew in a white ribbon. It was stained in blood, drifting through the forge before burning to nothing in a fire.

After a moment, the voice rang out.

"I have come to listen."

The visage finally fading, the very killable, very much alive Lion Moshumaru appeared before the Asahina. He offered a bow - one deep enough to allow the Asahina to take his neck - and then rose. As he entered, his daisho was not tied around his waist, but in his hand. Finding something suitable to rest them on, he disarmed himself willingly and without reservation. A sign of great trust... or great desire for peace... or great arrogance.

He looked the Asahina in the eyes, giving him the initiative.
PM if thread desired

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:16 pm

Soyokaze bowed in greeting. "Welcome Kitsu Moshumaru-san, please make yourself comfortable. I hope Inari-no-kami has blessed you this day, would you like some tea?" The familiarity of Crane hospitality giving him a crutch to lean on. "How can I help you this day?"
Description

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:37 pm

"Thank you, Asahina-san." Somehow, with the man in killing distance, he didn't seem so ominous. So.. Evil. Not necessarily good, but not something you'd discover is real from a pillowbook either.

Just, perhaps, a grim reminder of the reality that is the Lion.

From within the abyss, another hidden wea... a box. A box of tea, perhaps.

"I have bought some tea, if you would like to share a pot. It is an Import I found from the Night's Promise - A brand of tea I was popular of in the... short time I was in Crane lands. Rosemary blues. I figured if I am to start correcting our path, we should try and find something we can both at least tolerate."

"As for how you can help... That is why I am here. Call it folly, call it pity, name it whatever you wish, but I sense there is... something. Shiba-san seemed drastically concerned for your well being and, well, he is a man I respect."

The sounds of the forge filled the silence with desperate ease.

"For his sake, I'd like to at least offer an audience to worries that don't concern your quarrel with Murato-san over Kaito-san. That is between you and him. But if there are other worries - perhaps we can... come to an agreement."

...Perhaps he didn't need his weapons at all.
PM if thread desired

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:21 pm

"I would be honored to share your tea with you." He stood and began to prepare a new pot of water, busying himself in hopes of avoiding the conversation. "I enjoyed your performance this morning with Kitsuki-sama."
Description

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:36 pm

The Kitsu nodded with an impassive face - if he had noticed the lack of reaction to his other questions, it couldn't be read if it had an effect on him. Did he truly fear nothing?

"That is high praise indeed. While my proclamation was correct, we could have very easily been abysmal together. I was surprised that you went for the drums, but you played well. Did you learn somewhere?"
PM if thread desired

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:10 pm

"I was inspired." he placed the fresh pot down before them and took a seat. "Though I think I wish to learn it, there is an obvious synchronicity between the hammer and the drums." Soyokaze mustered an unusual amount of stoic calm and gave the Lion a look that said 'I am prepared'.
Description

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:21 pm

"I imagine that could inspire the men - the a blacksmith who's truly in your corner, metaphorically and literally beating your drum."

The Lion accepted the tea with grace and thanks. He looks the Crane in the eyes, meeting them head on. Does... does he falter?

No, that's impossible. Not this monster. His mind looks like it's... thinking about something.

"You are ready to die." He lets the words sit in the air.

"You have fought in no wars, you have seen taken no lives, you barely know the Lion you despise so much, you know nothing about the horror Oharu wishes to inflict on these people and yet..."

Moshumaru softens.

"And yet you are ready to die. There is so much you could do yet here you sit, ready for me to kill you."

His next words are..soft.

"Why?"
PM if thread desired